Notices

Class of March 2022 part 2

Old 04-01-2022, 12:27 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

PS: Good afternoon to you our lovely Venus ❤️

Leshar - that would be very disappointing and I can understand your feelings around that 😥 Hugs from me too ❤️

Tetrax - I spelt your name wrong earlier, I even double checked but my brains not braining very well 😂

Samwitch - great attitude about being done in your earlier post.
​​​
Old 04-01-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hi Zura honey

I am so sorry Leshar: perhaps you can plan a trip just for you. I bet you will meet lovely people. s

Old 04-01-2022, 01:08 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
RAL

Sorry you are disappointed leshar. Would you ask if you could go with them ? Or as venus says book a trip for you. Treat yourself 👍
Old 04-01-2022, 02:32 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone, for your support. RAL, no, that wouldn't be a good idea.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:21 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry about the trip Leshar but it’s all about your sister, not you. Don’t take her thoughtlessness and selfishness to heart.

D
Old 04-01-2022, 04:54 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Tetrax - I spelt your name wrong earlier, I even double checked but my brains not braining very well 😂
​​​
Don't worry, I didn't notice either. Must be recovery brain still recovering
Old 04-02-2022, 12:19 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

So glad to see so many posts yesterday

Leshar-I hope you are feeling better today and book a trip cos you deserve it I love holidaying alone. Can do what you want when you want. I would recommend it

How's the planting going Suze? Your lovely begonias brightened up my morning yesterday I have a new drama recommendation - Hidden on BBC iplayer. It is partly in English but a bit in welsh with subtitles. It flows well though. It's really scary, gripping. It's different as not a whodunnit as you know from the beginning but a why.

I'm not counting days anymore. Well a little bit, key dates maybe. I'm going to count weeks instead. Today I am packing suitcases for Jr RAL and my trip away tomorrow. Really very excited! I've done sober hols before. Been on all inclusive for a week and not picked up. Sure I can manage 4 days on a city break. I'm not having thoughts of drinking or AV banging on the door. But I am wary that in THAT moment, near THAT bar, when other people are drinking wine - WHAM. It will appear and try and persuade me that drinking wine in the city is oh so cool. I will keep SR in my pocket.
Hope everyone has a great day x

Old 04-02-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee. And thanks again, RAL. I hope you have a lovely break!
I've holidayed alone before and managed well. Wasn't drinking at the time. I could go on an organized tour but I can't share a room, well, I don't want to. And single supplements are very expensive. I may plan something for the fall, I'm thinking Mexico. An Airbnb and do my own thing. I love museums and art galleries and just exploring. Realistically, I probably couldn't do the Camino with my arthritis and chronic pain. My sister probably realized this, so I shouldn't be so hard on her. But I think it would have been respectful to tell me she was booking on the dates I was tentatively planned to visit her.
I'm going on an urban walk with my hiking group today. Cold, but sunny day. Hope my right foot doesn't act up too much. Osteoarthritis.
Have a good day/evening all.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:06 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Morning All

Very early hours of day 9 here.

Have a lovely trip away RAL, haha if we're in your pocket I guess we're going on a lil adventure too 😁

Leshar - a trip away sounds awesome. Logistically trickier but as RAL said you can make it all about you.

Nothing exciting to report, got lots of stuff done, most interesting thing was I watched The Adam Project last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hello to everyone 😊
Old 04-02-2022, 12:22 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
RAL

I love that idea zura. 👍😃I shall take you all to Edinburgh with me. I must learn to add photos on here. Have a great Sunday zura x
Old 04-03-2022, 01:19 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

My B&B is opening in May - why don't you all come here?

Old 04-03-2022, 01:20 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Hope everyone is ok.

Leshar-how are you today? Oh gosh no I would never share a room either. Even if with friends or family I have to have my own room.totally understand. Some companies are more aware of this now and single supps aren't over excessive.

Zura- I keep meaning to watch that film too Glad you got lots done and hope you sleep well

5 weeks for me today. Setting off on our SOBER trip this afternoon. I will check in later when we are in the hotel

Hope everyone has a good day or evening xx
Old 04-03-2022, 01:25 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
RAL

oh wow Liz that view is amazing! I think I might just visit. I always try and take Jr RAL to a different city each year. As well as UK cities we have done Reykjavik, Rome, Amsterdam, Cairo, New York. Not been anywhere for 3 years with lockdown and he's at that age where he just wants to be at home with his friends, not with boring mummy. So I shall go alone! Please will you pm me your link Liz or details.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:21 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Have a great trip RAL; Lixie that looks gorgeous
Old 04-03-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hi All!
I've been reading through some of the forum and have gotten on here to post several times but have been busy with two sick kids! They went to daycare/preschool last week for the first time. Two days in and out sick. I figured this would happen because of getting used to all the new germs in that place, but I had no clue it would be such a setback. It's frustrating, but all I can do is try to get us all better. I only just recently started showing symptoms, so I'm just popping dayquil and trying to not be grumpy.
My next class starts tomorrow, so I was looking forward to having a nice start with the kids in daycare, but no such luck. Hopefully they heal up quickly so we can get back on track.
I have 4 classes left and then I'll finally finish my BS in Applied Math. I've been working on this degree for just over a decade. I've had births, deaths, financial struggles, transportation struggles, stable home struggles, addictions, relationship woes....you name it.....and I've not only done it through all that, but while being a mom the whole time. My oldest is 14....my two littles ones are 2 and 3 (4 on April 15).
Anyways, I digress....
I've not had much temptation to drink at all. I do know if my circumstances change or if I am in a social setting where other people are drinking that it will be more of a temptation. However, right now, I am feeling strong in my decision to not drink permanently. I worry about the future because, as I've explained before, I've not been a regular or daily drinker for YEARS....so going weeks or months without drinking is nothing new for me. I worry less about right now, but more about once it's been months to years....I don't want to convince myself it's okay at that point. I'm choosing to keep coming back here.... even if it's only every couple weeks. You guys are a wonderful support and take away a lot of the loneliness I feel. It's nice to read everyone's posts.
I wanted to say good luck to everyone ....RAL, You can do this!! I would be tempted to drink wine in the city, too, so I totally feel you there. Order something else...or even order a mocktail. Then people won't even notice or ask why you're not drinking. What a silly thing to think that one would ask why someone was NOT drinking? It should be the other way around....no, please tell me, why ARE drinking?
Take care....xoxo
Going on 4 weeks now....about 3 and a half here....
Old 04-03-2022, 06:35 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

What I want to know is what you have to do to get to that view....looks like a LOT of climbing to me.
Also it is beautiful, of course.
Very happy for you Liz. ❤️

Congrats on 5 weeks dear RAL! ❤️

wildchild ~ gosh sick kiddos and studying do not go well together.
Hope you feel better as well. And all the best for your class.
And what an awesome degree. Go you!! ❤️
Old 04-03-2022, 06:53 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hello all,
RAL, thanks for asking after me, and I'm glad that you get it about room sharing! It was so easy and super comfortable with my husband. I've tried sharing with a work colleague at a conference and felt anxious the whole time. I know myself well enough not to try that again!
Lixie, what a view! Hope all is on track for May!
Wildchild, sorry about your children being ill. Wow, applied math! That's impressive.
Well done us all as we continue the recovery path. Quiet day for me, mending clothes which I actually enjoy, and household chores.
Old 04-03-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Hi Zura and Tetrax too. Hope you're well. Didn't mean to leave you out of my post. And hi, lovely Suze. You must be excited to get going in your garden!
Old 04-03-2022, 07:01 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Sort of....I am a bit upset....the weather went south and I have the whole garden inside, and it looks like it is going to be another week. However, on the bright side, that gives me time to really clean up/out the backyard, and trim all of the ivy (I hate doing that) etc.

I do appreciate how lucky I am to be able to buy all of the plants I love.

I envy your quiet day....right now my neighbours in the other half of the house are making some hellacious noise.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
RAL

Oh no I hope the weather improves gir you soon suze and your beighbours quieten down.

Thanks for the link liz 👍😃

Leshar I totally get it with the anxiety. Sharing a room with my child the next 4 nights which I can just about manage 😃but I would never share with anyone else.

Wildchild I hope your kids get well soon. I remember the nursery days and early school years. Ill all the time 👎

So jr ral and I have had a fun afternoon. he did climbing activities and I had a massage .then we ate and had lemonade. Now in hotel room. Going to have a bath read and sleep. Looking forward to getting up refreshed tomorrow. My sleep has been out of whack this week.

No thoughts of drinking