View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
wildchild69

Hi All!
I've been reading through some of the forum and have gotten on here to post several times but have been busy with two sick kids! They went to daycare/preschool last week for the first time. Two days in and out sick. I figured this would happen because of getting used to all the new germs in that place, but I had no clue it would be such a setback. It's frustrating, but all I can do is try to get us all better. I only just recently started showing symptoms, so I'm just popping dayquil and trying to not be grumpy.
My next class starts tomorrow, so I was looking forward to having a nice start with the kids in daycare, but no such luck. Hopefully they heal up quickly so we can get back on track.
I have 4 classes left and then I'll finally finish my BS in Applied Math. I've been working on this degree for just over a decade. I've had births, deaths, financial struggles, transportation struggles, stable home struggles, addictions, relationship woes....you name it.....and I've not only done it through all that, but while being a mom the whole time. My oldest is 14....my two littles ones are 2 and 3 (4 on April 15).
Anyways, I digress....
I've not had much temptation to drink at all. I do know if my circumstances change or if I am in a social setting where other people are drinking that it will be more of a temptation. However, right now, I am feeling strong in my decision to not drink permanently. I worry about the future because, as I've explained before, I've not been a regular or daily drinker for YEARS....so going weeks or months without drinking is nothing new for me. I worry less about right now, but more about once it's been months to years....I don't want to convince myself it's okay at that point. I'm choosing to keep coming back here.... even if it's only every couple weeks. You guys are a wonderful support and take away a lot of the loneliness I feel. It's nice to read everyone's posts.
I wanted to say good luck to everyone ....RAL, You can do this!! I would be tempted to drink wine in the city, too, so I totally feel you there. Order something else...or even order a mocktail. Then people won't even notice or ask why you're not drinking. What a silly thing to think that one would ask why someone was NOT drinking? It should be the other way around....no, please tell me, why ARE drinking?
Take care....xoxo
Going on 4 weeks now....about 3 and a half here....