Notices

Class of March 2022 part 2

Old 04-04-2022, 04:23 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Morning all. Happy sober Monday morning

Many congrats on 9 weeks sober btg and happy birthday jr btg 🎂

leshar what a relief you didnt go to the get together last weekend . I hope you are safe. How are you feeling today?

hi Sam and liz and zura and everyone else 😃 Hope all is well 👍

Driving over to Edinburgh this morning. We stayed in Glasgow last night. It's not far. Very excited to see grandma ral 😃 got many tourist attractions booked. This afternoon we are going to the Blair st underground vaults . It's the old city which the new city is built on. Bit of a ghost tour too. Will check in later xx
Edinburgh sounds fantastic! I want to see the old city and the vaults, etc. Just have to hop across the pond, but in the meantime I'll follow your travels.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:53 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone, for your support!
RAL, I'm glad you had a good day and got safely tucked in.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning guys and gals 👍😃

Today we are going to the camera obscura and illusions. Jr ral loves it and it's such great fun . Then to the real Mary kings close which is an old city street under the city.

Then to the castle. grandma ral never been to the castle. Tbh I find it a bit underwhelming. It recently won the award for worst value for money attraction in the UK 😱

I'm very grateful to have free entry pass to many tourist attractions through my work. I dont know how families afford it. So so expensive 😱

So so utterly grateful I didnt drink yesterday. Thanks suze for your support as always at just the right time

I hope everyone has a great day on our vicarious Edinburgh jaunt 😂🤣👍😃
Old 04-05-2022, 05:17 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I am curious to know what you think. I still remember how furious my cousins were with me. They said I was being disrespectful. I was just not that impressed. I do remember the ceilings though.

Have fun love. ❤️
Old 04-05-2022, 10:52 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

It's been awesome RAL, thanks for letting us tag along 😁 I've always wanted to go to Scotland. One day I'll visit personally.

Very, very early morning of day 12. Wore myself out and fell asleep ridiculously early last night.

Hope everyone is going well 😊
Old 04-05-2022, 10:57 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning love ❤️
Old 04-05-2022, 01:18 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
RAL

Great day. Weather was poor tho so pretty wild up at the castle. It's mainly outside . Not a nice palace with lots of indoor space . we weren't there long.

So so tired now walked a million steps 😃sleep beckons. X
Old 04-05-2022, 01:29 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi all,
RAL, happy you are continuing to enjoy your holiday! My Dad used to work in Preston. We lived for 2 years in Chorley. He had a major stroke aged only 40, (I was 2 and a half) and we went back to N.Ireland as he could no longer work and my mother needed help with 3 kids and 6 months pregnant with my sister. We moved to a house on the same street as my mother's mother. My mum was so depressed, she was an absent parent, always at her mum's. Basically she and my Dad never spoke much again, other than the basics, and the stroke left him with violent rages. Not a nice childhood. I was on edge and anxious all the time. My very first sip of alcohol, sherry, at age 10, seemed to transport me to a warm, soothing place, that I had never known. I suppose trauma must do a number on a child's developing brain. All my siblings too, became heavy drinkers.
Zura, well done on your sober time!
Old 04-05-2022, 04:19 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Venus ❤️ maybe evening now......can't remember the exact difference. I ended up sleeping ANOTHER 4 hours, so close to 12 hours all up. Allergies have that effect on me. In early spring here we had the worst pollen levels on record apparently, made me feel better as I was bedridden with fatigue for a few weeks and thought I was seriously ill until I heard that. Oh good its "just" allergies 😂 anyway it's not booze related so I'm taking that as a win 😁

Hope you sleep/slept well RAL. That's alot of walking! I walk around my yard so much fetching gardening equipment and lugging soil and mulch and such I don't need to go for walks or get a gym membership 😂 be nice to wander around Scotland for fun though. Hope your having a lovely time despite the weather. It's nice to just have a change of scenery sometimes.

Awww Leshar, trauma is just awful stuff 😢 most definitely impacts addiction. Sorry for all you went through and sending healing to you. Thank you for the congratulations and sorry about the day number count, I'm retrying counting days as motivation.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:41 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Zura....we all just had a time change, so right now it is 7.40pm here. 14 hours behind Melbourne, is all I know.

Glad you got some good sleep love. s xx
Old 04-05-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hey all, just to say I'm ticking along nicely still
Old 04-05-2022, 05:58 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi Tetrax! Thanks, Zura. Allergies can be crippling, I'm sorry.
I'm watching a Brit show through Acorn called Finding Alice. It's a drama/comedy and I'm enjoying it. Also enjoying Outlaws on Amazon video. I had a lovely sunny walk with a friend today.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:22 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-3-a.html (Class of March 2022 Support thread pt 3)