Notices

Class of January 2022 Part 2

Old 01-24-2022, 02:50 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

((((Erratic)))) hugs to you. Don’t beat yourself up. We’ve all been there, many times, drinking when we didn’t intend to. The important thing is that we don’t give up trying to quit drinking. We keep trying. One day it will stick. Well done on coming back.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:53 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Joe, 3+ months is great going
Old 01-24-2022, 03:04 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi Erratic,

You don’t need to say sorry to us. However you do need to control the urge when it comes again (and it will).

It’s great to post here and attend meetings, but what s the specific plan of action for when the urge comes?

That s the moment that will define how everything else goes, if you can control the decision at that split second things will turn out different next time.

Nice to have you back here, let’s do this!
Old 01-24-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
End of Day 71 - Prepped up a lot today (almost 8 hours). Planning to wake up early tomorrow as I have taken the day off for the interviews scheduled on Tuesday. Tomorrow morning, I will focus on 3 or 4 more system design questions (Design Instagram, TikTok, ***** and Facebook Messenger) and move over to behavioral questions.

Later in the afternoon, I will focus on Technical project walkthrough and start revisiting these sections in the evening. Superb levels of energy and clarity as I am not drinking. Wishing everyone a great sober day ahead and congrats folks! It's good to see so many milestones. Good night from Seattle!
Good for you! You'll smash the interviews, I'm sure.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
morning
well i made it back, not good enough that i stayed away for few days. i am back to day 1 yet for million time.usual crap was i drank fri and havent taken antabuse which again with some tough love from daughter is she will phone me yet again and tell me to take it today. I ended up drinking instead of taking it yesterday which again arrghhh i even went to NA meeting yesterday and found it really good, looks like i didnt listen and learn enough from the meeting if i went and drank. sry for rambling im just giving myself some punishment for failing once again. anyway enough of my self pity crap. sry for not being here and reading all the hard work everyone is putting in keeping sober.

will leave it there sry again.
I'm glad you're back Erratic.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:12 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Day 10.

Double figures.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:21 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks sam,willow hug back at you x x your right mrpl i do have to find our what to do when the urge comes again. no amount of meetings will solve that as they are not at the time my urge hits.
well done tyne on 10 days xx
Old 01-24-2022, 05:48 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hey all-
Day 29 for me. Still feeling really good, brimming with energy and ideas for new challenges. I feel like my brain has been stuck for the last umpteenth amount of time and it's finally able to do its thing.
I took my blood pressure this morning and it's the lowest it's been in years.
Outside of the increased ice cream consumption, and an occasional AV attack(which I've ignored) I don't see much downside to soberity!! :-)

Keep on going folks!
Old 01-24-2022, 09:04 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

GM! Day 72 here. Wishing everyone a great sober day!
Old 01-24-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow00 View Post
... Me too today Enemdio! I woke up with an awful headache this morning. It’s barely left me all day, despite 3 lots of paracetamol. Awful. I’m going to bed to see if I can get rid of it. ...
Oo-er, Willow, what's causing that?
Hope you feel alright now, have a checkup if not.

Old 01-24-2022, 09:24 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Enemdio View Post
Good luck for tomorrow, Calm and I'm impressed by your professional approach. Jealous of your mental clarity, though - honestly, I seem to get the worst hangovers when I'm not drinking - slept really well but woke up feeling like I've been kicked in the head a few times.
Thanks, Enemdio! Feel the suppressed energy for years has started to come back from a big reservoir. One thing I have noted is, I am able to even take a not so good news with positivity. When I was drinking, even a good news used to be meh, ok let me drink to this.

Do not worry about the sober hangovers. It is our brains readjusting to the new normal. I read the brain is extremely neuroplastic, and starts healing and reorganizing once it realizes alcohol is not going to come. Even the dopamine levels return to normal in few months! Let's just hang on and I am sure things will be even better.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:25 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Day 38... Starting feel really good most of the time. Just ridiculously hungry all the time and wanting to sleep.

Keep coming back Erratic - we're here for you.

Congrats to everyone with growing day count, I hope things are getting easier for you.

Have a great AF day...
Old 01-24-2022, 12:29 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tynesider22 View Post
Day 10.

Double figures.
Awesome work Tyne
Old 01-24-2022, 12:31 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Oo-er, Willow, what's causing that?
Hope you feel alright now, have a checkup if not.
Thanks Caramel
I got my partner to massage my neck and shoulders and I changed my pillow last night. It seems to have helped somewhat (headache is less intense today). If it persists I’ll go to the doctor.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:38 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Sam, Calm and Raggedy, 29, 72 and 38!
Getting some great day counts happening

Calm you sound so positive, which is great I could do with some of your energy please

Raggedy I hear you about being hungry and sleepy. I seem to use food as a substitute for alcohol.
Sam, I find icecream really stops the AV in its tracks, so my icecream consumption has gone up too. I’m trying to use vanilla yogurt instead at the moment.
Erratic, have you tried having a milk based snack or drink close by for when the cravings hit? It really helps me.

I’ve had a couple of longish stints without alcohol, and it does seem to get easier over time.
I know I have to motivate myself to exercise more, because I really think that helps a lot. Unfortunately I’m not inherently an exercise type person though
Old 01-24-2022, 12:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Good for you! You'll smash the interviews, I'm sure.
Thanks, Sam!
Old 01-24-2022, 12:51 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Just want to say GOOD LUCK dear calmself. ❤️
Old 01-24-2022, 12:52 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good luck Calm! I reckon you’ll do awesomely, you’re so onto it with all your prep!
Old 01-24-2022, 12:58 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thank you, Willow!! Giving it my best shot. 5 back to back rounds of interviews from 10 AM until 3.30 PM !!
Old 01-24-2022, 03:49 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Good luck Calm