Notices

Class of January 2022 Part 2

Old 01-20-2022, 12:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congrats Scott and Calm - 60 days plus is a very solid number and a strong foundation.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm starting day 7 😁 I've gone a whole week without any drink induced drama! So things seem eeirly clam, like in a horror film just before the psycho jumps from behind 😂
But my inner psycho doesn't jump, it sidles up and lies and persuades me to run onto the knife.
Which is why I am in the process of brainwashing myself with the truth. Even when I am not drinking I have a drinking problem!
I cannot drink 2 to "take the edge off" I cannot drink to escape mental or emotional anguish, I cannot drink to celebrate. I cannot drink at all, because I have a problem regulating my drinking.
My biggest fear used to be people (my people)
found out I had drank. It should have been that I was still drinking in the face of the incredible misery and trouble it was bringing me.
A good AF day/afternoon/evening to all 🙂

Old 01-20-2022, 03:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Just a footnote. You know as alcoholics/problem drinkers, I feel we also fall prey to "normal" people. Yes, a lot of their grievances are justified. But a lot are not. And they use our drinking problems to justify their ill behaviour towards us.
Not every person without an addiction problem is justified in their behaviour.
Not every addict is an inconsiderate monster. One of the things I hate about this addiction is people thinking no matter how they treat you it is justified. And I believe it. When I know for a FACT I wouldn't have put up with their crap before this problem kicked in
What I hate most about drinking is people thinking they have a license to take out their own crap on you

Sorry just a personal rant 😐
Old 01-20-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days roof!! And 67 days is fantastic Calmself!!

I slept so well last night. Looking forward to another sober day. ❤
Old 01-20-2022, 06:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks all!!

Day 68, Good Morning from rainy Seattle!
Old 01-20-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi all-
Day 25 here, feeling great, Good luck to all with their ongoing sober efforts!
Old 01-20-2022, 07:08 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Calm and Sam you are setting such a good example for those of us on early days that it can be done! I am looking forward to being where you are.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning - day 34... a rare visit from a proper keyboard...

I feel a shift happening - when I was in day range 15-25, the day count seemed to grow so slowly, I looked particularly at Calm and Scott and thought "Great job, 40s or 50s, it's so far away", now I see my days growing in number and I will be in the 40s next week. It does get easier.

I rejoined SR on 17th December and then several emotional and stressful events hit my family life very quickly, had I not have commit to being sober the last 5 weeks would have involved increased consumption with many awful peaks and troughs of anxiety, hangovers, arguments etc. Looking back, although it has been stressful and we are navigating these issues in a remarkably calm manner, this would have been impossible with alcohol. My temperament is so much more even and I feel so much more resilient.

I officially extended my "I don't drink anymore" circle of people to my 20 year-old daughter this morning, and I think she is already having similar feelings about herself (not that drinking is an issue - but I think she is questioning whether it worth it all in any amount).

Anyway keep working on those day counts - it gets better all the time.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:55 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi all-
Day 25 here, feeling great, Good luck to all with their ongoing sober efforts!
fantastic!! Well done Samwitch!! 🙂🙂
Old 01-20-2022, 09:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Thanks all!!

Day 68, Good Morning from rainy Seattle!
amazing!!! 👍🏻👍🏻
Old 01-20-2022, 09:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Good day. Day 4 here. Had a fairly good, motivated day yesterday. So far today feeling very unmotivated/overwhelmed/defeated just thinking about the house. Need to run errands, shower, and also maybe go to the laundromat (our dryer died last week so we can only wash but not dry clothes... FUN).
Well done on your days so far - keep going!!! 🌟
Old 01-20-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks citrus, your acknowledgement means a lot 🙂
Signing out here on day 7
God bless us all because we are all at least trying 🙏 💖
Old 01-20-2022, 11:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Enemdio, Raggedman, Colin1, Tynesider want to give a shout out to you! Keep it up my people.
Tynesider, have to say I live in London now but am a die hard Sunderland fan, where I grew up 🙂 You are a Mag? Yes?
Whoo badly misjudged 🤣 you are
Old 01-20-2022, 12:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey Roof, rough few years for a Sunderland fan?

Regarding the class jumping, the December 2021 sort of class died out. As a late starter in December, I felt when January started there was not enough traffic to keep me going and I needed the extra support that a new class would bring; I won't be going into the February class, this is it for me.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I’m on day 21. Well done everyone on being here and working on making a sober life.
Some days are tougher than others, and some days the AV will be trying hard to lure us back. But we don’t have to listen to it. We don’t have to give in. Life is so much better without alcohol. Just play the tape forward in your mind to the consequences of drinking for a reminder of why it’s not worth it.
Together we can do this. Support makes all the difference, just knowing that we’re not alone in our struggles.
I’m really grateful to be on this journey with you all ❤️
Old 01-20-2022, 12:44 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by roof View Post
Enemdio, Raggedman, Colin1, Tynesider want to give a shout out to you! Keep it up my people.
Tynesider, have to say I live in London now but am a die hard Sunderland fan, where I grew up 🙂 You are a Mag? Yes?
Whoo badly misjudged 🤣 you are
Hey Roof.

Nope, Gateshead fan, and top of the league!
Old 01-20-2022, 12:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

End of day 6. Another day where I've just slept.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

calm, sam and raggedy - well done on your marks! Nice to see us all building time!

Hello to all new people as well, let s do this together!

Haven’t posted much this week but going solid here, 48 days and feeling great. Lots of work, family time, martial arts and music as usual, just enjoying it more and feeling extremely grateful!

Have a celebration coming this weekend which usually would have meant a big drinking session, feels so good to be able to also plan something nice for the morning after!

Stay strong everyone, we’re doing great!
Old 01-20-2022, 05:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

48 days is just awesome Mr.PL. Let our band keep rolling!
Old 01-20-2022, 09:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

End of Day 68. There was some AV chatter in the evening but I just ignored the temporary discomfort and it went away.
Congrats to folks who are making their sobriety forts stronger and also to those who have started. Good night from Seattle!