Notices

Class of January 2022 Part 2

Old 01-22-2022, 03:46 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It's day 1. WD isn't so bad. But I'm going to rehab which sucks. I have an upcoming court date so they won't let me in until that's through. Nothing serious, drunk in public.

I made a post to SR when I was drunk and I'm too embarrassed to look at it.

I'm going to hit an AA meeting tonight. I don't care for AA but rehab is all about AA so I may fake it till I make it.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

FF....I think in-patient rehab has been long overdue for you. How many times do you need to be arrested or hospitalized before someone steps in and helps you? You have mentioned that your parents have been supportive but it's obvious to everyone here that you need professional help to address your mental health issues as well as addiction.

I'm not a professional or anything but if I were your family member, I would push to have you admitted to an inpatient facility for 60-90 days. I did 5 weeks inpatient at a facility that had a whole team of professionals on staff. a psychiatrist oversaw our treatment and we worked with addiction counselors. Had access to nurses and a psychologist. Group meetings with other alcoholics/addicts and classes, recreation daily. That's what you need. Although, it's not free. Not sure what's available in Ireland but you may want to look at options in the UK even
Old 01-22-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well what the hay. I'm back here, bored, and sober.

I met a new good friend recently, really nice guy and he doesn't drink! He is inspiring me to save my own life. Though he doesn't know it.

I haven't drank in a bit not too long but I'd have to calculate. Over a week less than a month.

Suffering from unproductive insomnia.

Do I have time to put my life back together I wonder....

Hope everyone is well
Old 01-22-2022, 05:57 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 21 here from Ontario. Wishing everyone a great Saturday! Weekend #3 for me.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:18 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Heading into day 63. This week has been a bit of a roller coaster in that a few nights I’ve been absolutely exhausted by evening. My mood actually changes then as well and I feel really down. But I just head to bed early and I feel much better in the morning. Thankfully, my attitude towards alcohol has not changed when that happens. I am over halfway to the longest AF stretch I had in 2020. I have no desire to drink and the AV has been quiet. I’ve been thinking a lot about what is different this time and it strikes me that I have a much clearer understanding of what alcohol did to me health wise and how it kept its grips on me. I never want to experience the consequences of drinking again and I know that one drink is all it takes to pull me back down that hole.

Congratulations to everyone on their milestones. Have a great day.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
It's day 1. WD isn't so bad. But I'm going to rehab which sucks. I have an upcoming court date so they won't let me in until that's through. Nothing serious, drunk in public.

I'm going to hit an AA meeting tonight. I don't care for AA but rehab is all about AA so I may fake it till I make it.
Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
FF....I think in-patient rehab has been long overdue for you. How many times do you need to be arrested or hospitalized before someone steps in and helps you? You have mentioned that your parents have been supportive but it's obvious to everyone here that you need professional help to address your mental health issues as well as addiction.

I'm not a professional or anything but if I were your family member, I would push to have you admitted to an inpatient facility for 60-90 days. I did 5 weeks inpatient at a facility that had a whole team of professionals on staff. a psychiatrist oversaw our treatment and we worked with addiction counselors. Had access to nurses and a psychologist. Group meetings with other alcoholics/addicts and classes, recreation daily. That's what you need. Although, it's not free. Not sure what's available in Ireland but you may want to look at options in the UK even
How it works in Ireland if you're on the dole is you still get paid and the rehab takes 75% ish. And you have to give a 200e deposit. So it's affordable, but very religious.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:27 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott2295 View Post
Morning everyone. Heading into day 63. This week has been a bit of a roller coaster in that a few nights I’ve been absolutely exhausted by evening. My mood actually changes then as well and I feel really down. But I just head to bed early and I feel much better in the morning. Thankfully, my attitude towards alcohol has not changed when that happens. I am over halfway to the longest AF stretch I had in 2020. I have no desire to drink and the AV has been quiet. I’ve been thinking a lot about what is different this time and it strikes me that I have a much clearer understanding of what alcohol did to me health wise and how it kept its grips on me. I never want to experience the consequences of drinking again and I know that one drink is all it takes to pull me back down that hole.

Congratulations to everyone on their milestones. Have a great day.
This. I absolutely relate to everything you said, from the exhaustion to the never wanting to go down the rabbit hole of drinking again--EVER. Thank you--even though I'm only on day 27, I'm starting to see the light.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:43 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry dear FF ~ you got a lot of support in that thread. s
And I am so glad you are going to rehab. I think it will help you xx
Old 01-22-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm nervous about rehab. Maybe it will help, I don't know. Last time was rough.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

FF I am so glad that you are ok. And glad that you are going to rehab. I think I would just let my head skip over the religious parts and soak in all of the other things you can learn. This can be a great 2022 turn around for you. ❤

Good morning everyone
Old 01-22-2022, 07:51 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm nervous about rehab. Maybe it will help, I don't know. Last time was rough.
I understand that s
But you have been through a lot since last time. And you are more willing now I think. It makes a big difference.
I am hoping that it will be really good....I know that another SR friend recently went to rehab and found it to be a very positive experience.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

FF, I am also happy to see that you are getting help. It seems the time has come for you for a different approach.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Sam, congrats on day 27. We just need to ride through those low points. The light gets brighter as we go.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

GM! Day 70 here. Good to know you are safe, FF!
Old 01-22-2022, 08:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott2295 View Post
Sam, congrats on day 27. We just need to ride through those low points. The light gets brighter as we go.
Thanks Scott, I appreciate that!
Old 01-22-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I have a job interview on Monday. I already told them I'll attend. I suppose the interview would be a good experience even if I couldn't take the job if they offered it to me.

It's an admin position. I worked admin before and liked it.

I dunno. Rehab is basically AA, work therapy, meditation and church. Maybe I should try to get the job. Bit conflicted. Maybe a job would help me. I could attend AA in the evenings, church in the morning and meditate. I haven't tried naltrexone yet. I could ask my GP for it.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

FF ~ you are talking yourself out of getting the help you need. Rehab is all about helping you to get well. And you need to get well. s
Old 01-22-2022, 10:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I have a job interview on Monday. I already told them I'll attend. I suppose the interview would be a good experience even if I couldn't take the job if they offered it to me.

It's an admin position. I worked admin before and liked it.

I dunno. Rehab is basically AA, work therapy, meditation and church. Maybe I should try to get the job. Bit conflicted. Maybe a job would help me. I could attend AA in the evenings, church in the morning and meditate. I haven't tried naltrexone yet. I could ask my GP for it.
Dude, please don't take me wrong. Getting a new job, updating your CV etc. should come much lower down your priority list. You need to get into a long-term rehab and check your physical and mental health. Time and again you come up with these new job updates that give a rosy illusion and boom..something big and bad. First heal yourself please, the jobs can wait.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:03 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

^^^ Exactly.

We are all on the same page.

FF love ~ all of us want you to feel better and leave the trauma of the last years behind you....and we all think rehab is a good idea.
For me, this is how I did AA. I struggled with the God part at different stages in my life....so I was taught that God (in AA terms) can also stand for "Good Orderly Direction".
Who doesn't want or need that?
Who doesn't want orderly direction to be the way we live our lives?
And the power greater than ourselves can be the group....this group.....the rehab group.....everyone wants the same thing.....to be well. To heal. And for you to heal.

It is time for you to take the leap FF....trust the group....trust that everyone is on your side and just do this. xx
Old 01-22-2022, 11:30 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

FF- glad to have you back here. It’s great to focus on the job but you do need something more objective towards staying sober as well. Go for it.

Nice day 49 here, out with the girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary, felt like a drink when we got to the restaurant, but told AV to **** off and within 5 min I was chilled again.

Very nice evening will end with a walk by the river in London, sober and feeling great.

hope everyone is having a good weekend!