# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of January 2022 Part 2

Last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 01-18-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun... Never managed it before... :-)
Old 01-18-2022, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go Raggedy!
Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Awe Suze, thanks for the compliment. I swear every time I bake something I am completely shocked when it turns out. I'm a bit better at cooking than baking. Keep trying Roof! Nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread.... or cinnamon rolls.

I took longer than I meant to on the treadmill and my sweet hubby took care of my chickens for me and went to get the boys. Oldest boy surprised me by coming home to rest before his game..... although he just up and left middle one there! haha. Poor kid, no wonder he whines about being the middle brother. I honestly am not quite sure where he is at the moment. Probably at JV practice... or at a friends. I am sure he will turn up at the girls game in half an hour. Gosh I sound like not the best Mom at the moment.
Those treadmill endorphins have me chatty.... off to get ready for the game.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are always an awesome mum Citrus 🧡💛💚
Old 01-18-2022, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat, makes me feel so, so..... incompetent knowing what talented bakers there are on here 🤣😂
Yes citrus, will keep on trying until I get an edible loaf, it's a mission now because I have been thwarted so many times! I think it's my oven, or the bread tin, or,or...
It's hard hand kneading bread! I have skinny weak little hands!

Old 01-18-2022, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Roof, I cheat! Haha. I use my breadmaker to do the kneaeding for me and then I take it out and do what I want with it. That does sound laborious!
Someone gave us the breadmaker when we got married 20 years ago. It sat for a very long time because I couldn't figure out who would want bread with a big hole in it! Lol. But my hubby loved his Moms homemade bread. So I finally figured out how to do it my own way.

Middle son was indeed at practice, just not in the gym oldest thought he would be in. Both younger boys promptly fell right to sleep when they got home! Teenagers sleep like the dead once they finally let themselves lay down! So hubby and I enjoyed oldests game alone. We won, yay. I waited for him to get done in the locker room and we grabbed some pizzas that I ordered and two cinnamon donuts. My reward for getting my behind on the treadmill 2 days in a row and of course for being sober.

Off to bed with me. Love to all. ❤
Old 01-18-2022, 09:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I’m jumping in here to join in with you guys in January
I’ve had so many false starts, so although I’ve been reading your posts, I was a bit reluctant to join yet another class (there have been quite a few since I joined…. ) but then I thought, why am I hesitating to join? Am I thinking the AV will get the better of me again? Well it’s certainly been pestering me, and I don’t want to let it in, so here I am, again. Day 19.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Willow

D
Old 01-18-2022, 09:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

End of Day 66 - ultra busy day at work. Had a good dinner and went for a walk in the freezing rain. Congrats to all who made milestones and folks having a sober day. Good night from Seattle!
Old 01-19-2022, 12:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Willow - sober twin - I'm on Day19 too - not a sniff since NYE - seems like a lifetime ago.

Thanks fo the new thread, Dee.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome willow x
going strong calm x
great job enemdio x
good job on everyone else i have missed x
starting day 4 nothing much panned for today. guess relaxe before delivery day at work tomo.

have good day all catch u all later x
Old 01-19-2022, 12:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Erratic - I did get my act together and cycle into work - it was raining, windy, and I got a puncture - so why do I feel so upbeat? It's the endorphins - unsuppressed by ethanol
Old 01-19-2022, 01:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Me too Enemdio, my sober twin NYE was my last drink.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, hope you are all well.
I feel sick as a dog. Been up all night with stomach pains. I have vomitted this morning. I'm never making bread again. I think it's blocked an intestine somewhere.

Citrus, I used to have a bread maker! I got it at a car boot sale. It only made little loaves and the hole was bigger than the amount of bread you got 😦
Obviously baking is not my forte so I'm on the hunt for another hobby to fill my time.

I think, kidding aside I have some bug. I feel exactly like I did with a hangover.
One good thing, here on day 6 now, it's a good reminder why not to drink! At least I haven't got the horrible doomsday anxiety that comes with drink withdrawal.
I have put my name forward for training at the 24/7 zoom meetings. Only as a meeter/greeter as I have so little sober time.
I'm not especially into AA, but I like the meetings.
Training session is 5am Friday morning. Good job I can't sleep so that is no problem.

Hope everyone has a good day/afternoon/evening

Old 01-19-2022, 02:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I hope you’re feeling a lot better soon Roof
Old 01-19-2022, 02:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Willow and good going on your AF time 🙂 I know someone whose last drink was NYE 2008 and never looked back!
Old 01-19-2022, 03:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, day 33 here in cold Canada...

Grocery day for me, my routine is no longer tied to arriving at the liquor when they open...

I'm reflecting on how I was so consumed with drinking that I would praise myself for getting an extra glass in here or there on the quiet inspite of knowing I would be in bed the next morning paying the price. I saw someone mention feelings of not caring if they died young - that was me too. It all seems so utterly ridiculous now. The AV was in complete control 24x7 and I could not differentiate it from my own thoughts - I will never let it back in.

Hope everyone is feeling good and ready for a great AF day...
Old 01-19-2022, 04:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome Willow and congrats on 19 days!

Roof I hope you feel better soon. I hope it doesn't put you off bread for long.

I woke up around 4:30 wide awake. Atleast I am totally clearheaded and not hungover or full of anxiety. I meditated for 20 minutes. Think I'll read for a while before the kids get up.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I had less sleep as well, Citrus. Was just browsing, reading news on laptop, something I knew would disturb my sleep.
Should avoid here on.

GM all!
Old 01-19-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi all, just wanted to check in, day 3 for me. Feeling pretty good, thankfully I wasn’t full blown back into drinking because I know I’d be struggling a lot more today. I just had breakfast and decided to start focusing on my health again with what I eat and my activity level. A lot of not feeling good about myself has been excess weight gain over the past few years, I haven’t been hard on myself about it because of the crazy times we’re in, but I also know I’d feel better if I was in better health overall. My neck keeps going out and my back is sore, I might try to pick up a yoga routine from home and try to go for a walk with my kids more often. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great sober day today!