Notices

Class of January 2022 Part 2

Old 01-28-2022, 10:09 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad to hear that BtG

D
thx dee, somethings gotta give. I obviously need the support, plus i start out patient in a couple of weeks. And can get medical labs done at the same time. Sometimes I guess we just need a little help.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:22 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep thats true for all of us I think

D
Old 01-28-2022, 10:42 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
just woke up from having bad dreams, i know its part of early sobriety, just have to try and shrug it off. start of day 6 and nothing much planned today, just keep aware and take tablet and keep sober. least i got through the tough friday but it wasnt that tough, hub bought a chipper so had that for dinner and was really tired after so went to bed early.

have read everyones posts and welcome back jewel and good to see u BTG. well done everyone getting through those cravings, im glad u got through them and is carrying on ur hard work of sober days xx

will leave it there for now, will keep close again x hope u have good saturday xx
Old 01-29-2022, 04:13 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I’m glad you are taking that step BTG. Best wishes for you.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:24 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Morning. Heading into day 70. It’s 10 weeks. Seems like a long time ago that I last drank. Calm, looks like I’m one week behind you. Good going on shutting off the AV. Good going on 8 days Free. Going to be a nice day today. I’m going to try to get out and do some snowshoeing.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi Scott, Yes, you are exactly a week behind me. MrPL is 20 days behind. There are others as well in our band, Colin, Chancellor, Willow as well. Pls add if I missed anyone.
GM from Seattle!! What a deep 8.5 hours of sleep!!!!! Feel so fresh and bubbly.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:05 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hey Calmself, good for you on shutting down that AV and thank you for posting about it. I look forward to seeing your successful posts as they inspire me. So to hear you talk about the AV hitting you is a good reminder that I'm not alone in this and that we can win these struggles and have power over our decisions. Thank you. I also really like this quote I came across this morning: "We are either working on recovery or we're working on relapse".
Old 01-29-2022, 06:41 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thank you! And great lines..Either we are working on our recovery or towards our relapse.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:42 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

guess its me myself and i this afo, hub is drinking and im sitting do nothing. just had lay down to hold back the thoughts. have took my tablet. daughter didnt phone which im surpised at but im sure she is bz. trying to get out of this mood arrghhh. maybe should go have coffee and big *** off chocolate bar to eat. hub asked if i fancy having what he bought ealier i said no as im in a pissy mood just now. arrghh and will skip dinner. prob making it harder for my self. sry for the childish rant. guess thats the av talking.she seems to be like my inner child.

sry
Old 01-29-2022, 07:16 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 43...

Yesterday evening was the first Friday (danger day) where I did not think about drinking, just realised now.

Is everyone staying in "class January"? Lots of us jumped in from December I think. Glad to see everyone sticking with it, we all know giving up is not an option.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
After November dui, an ER visit with a blood alcohol of .44. Losing my job, pretty much my husband and damaging my relationship with my son... I'm going to medical detox Monday at 730. I've had a busy 3 months. Somethings got to change. I'm proud to have made the step that I dreaded. I'm scared to death to make this step. But life has to move on and it has to better then this.
All the best---this sounds like the right step to take, I'm proud of you for doing so.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:54 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
guess its me myself and i this afo, hub is drinking and im sitting do nothing. just had lay down to hold back the thoughts. have took my tablet. daughter didnt phone which im surpised at but im sure she is bz. trying to get out of this mood arrghhh. maybe should go have coffee and big *** off chocolate bar to eat. hub asked if i fancy having what he bought ealier i said no as im in a pissy mood just now. arrghh and will skip dinner. prob making it harder for my self. sry for the childish rant. guess thats the av talking.she seems to be like my inner child.

sry
Hey Erratic, do want you need to do: complain, eat chocolate and drink coffee, etc. This too shall pass.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hey all-
Day 34. Thank the gods I can say that, there was a time yesterday I was sure I'd have to come back here and confess I drank.
So, instead of drinking, I had a really nice night full of books, ice cream and a deep deep sleep.

Old 01-29-2022, 08:04 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Way to go Sam!!!
Old 01-29-2022, 08:07 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks chancellor x it will pass x
sam you have done bloody well x keep up the good work. xx
Old 01-29-2022, 08:58 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Hi Scott, Yes, you are exactly a week behind me. MrPL is 20 days behind. There are others as well in our band, Colin, Chancellor, Willow as well. Pls add if I missed anyone.
GM from Seattle!! What a deep 8.5 hours of sleep!!!!! Feel so fresh and bubbly.
Adding Scott, RM, Robbie and Sam to our band

Updated List: Colin, Chancellor, Willow, RM, Robbie, Sam, Scott and Calmself
Old 01-29-2022, 09:14 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
yep thats true for all of us I think

D
sometimes I wish we just had a like/love button on here 😆
Old 01-29-2022, 09:26 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Good work Sam!
Old 01-29-2022, 10:12 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Way to go Sam! Having a nice one here too, kids are with me and gf and we always watch a movie, but usually I d drink throughout.

Today instead I’m making some home made burgers and having way more fun than usual! Happy days!

RM - I shall stick to January for sure, love this crowd and as calm pointed we re all getting stronger and stronger!
Old 01-29-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Busy tonight here - Saturday night - 6pm - the party would just be getting going - always the worst time for me, though Friday is a close second, followed by Bank Holiday Mondays. And holidays and Birthdays (Anyone's) and good days at work and bad days at work, etc. etc. Oh Dear... glad I'm not alone - I almost feel I don't have to post because everyone else has just already said everything I'm thinking.

Dog came back from grooming parlour today - honestly, it was bloody hilarious - he went in the scruffiest, dirtiest, muddiest fleabag and came out looking like Oscar Wilde.
Night all. Stay close.