Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 17

Old 09-12-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Erratic that’s fantastic! Keep up the good work.

I made it out to my clinic. It’s weird because they had a Covid case and the protocols got very strict. Then tons of people canceled or bailed out on their stay because they simply don’t want to be here under these restrictions. That’s how I got in fast. They weren’t requiring strict protocols before this, just a few weeks ago.

so long story short it’s just not as good and I’m investing a lot in this ...

alright I’m very tired now but that should change here, so I’m gonna go.

VIPER

Old 09-12-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Grreat that u got in viper x hope it does make u feel better and helped like last time x hope u get some good sleep xx
thanks for ur reply also xx
day 22 and took tablet xx
hope everyone had good weekend
Old 09-12-2021, 03:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll still get as good a result as last time, even with the changed conditions, Viper.

D
Old 09-14-2021, 11:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

where is snitch and daisy??? have u flown the nest?? how are u both doing?

25 days for me
Old 09-15-2021, 12:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats erratic!

D
Old 09-17-2021, 10:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I do read though and congratulations Erratic you are doing amazing!!! I'm so proud of you. Keep it up. Never look back now. Dont let alcohol rob anymore precious time from you.

Viper how is it going at the clinic?

How are you Dee?

Miss you Daisy!!

I'm ok. Up and down which is to be expected. But experiencing the journey sober. I'm doin really well with my other addictions. Mainly food. I've been sticking to healthy eating and have had no sugar for 2 weeks now and feeling the benefits . I've lost half a stone and I've been exercising as well which is all great for my mental health.

Yesterday I had an interview to become a volunteer peer mentor at change grow live helping alcoholics and addicts and they said I gave a great interview and offered me the role which I was really chuffed about and I start training in october.

I'm still working at the covid test site but had a real result this week as the site was closed for some works so I had an extra 4 days off and got paid for it 😊😊

Seren has been to her dads and is coming home this morning and we are going over to spend the night at my dads which I'm half looking forward to and half dreading as I want to see and be with my dad but my mums absence is so painful. But the truth is my mum isnt there and my dad is and I want to spend time with him.

I havent I Anyrhing about the other job I applied for my application says in process and I was told I had passed the assessment I completed online and was through to the next stage but havent heard anything more. It would be an ideal job as I can choose when I want to work but maybe my HP has other plans for me. Who knows??

I'm sticking close to AA and my HP. My friend is now sober and has been attending meetings but we havent spoken much. I feel (and this could be all in my head) she is a bit resentful towards me because I told her that ahe looked and smelt like a homeless person when I came to her house and I think she has taken offence to that. But that is the truth and it is hard to hear stuff like that , it is easier to live in denial which is what she has been doing. I didnt say it to be mean I was just telling her what happened when i went to hers becaiuse she has no recollection but she didnt like hearing it. I just hope she stays in AA and finally works the programme but it's her journey not mine.

Ok guys in gonna try and catch another hours sleep. My little bun bun is lying next to me on the bed ❤ she is sooo adorable I love her !!!

Catch up again soon xxx
Old 09-18-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

great to hear from u snitch!!!!! i do love ur bunny and glad ur still with us. good luck on the new job hun xx
going to start dinner in a min, so just wanted to say good to see u hun and hey viper how are u getting on?
where is our daisy also xx
Old 09-18-2021, 02:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on the volunteer job Snitch - hope you gear back on the paying one
Hope your day was good erratic?

I’m doing ok - bad leg and back pain atm, but getting better

D
Old 09-18-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
sry to hear u leg and back is in pain x hope today it gets a little better x
Old 09-19-2021, 12:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks erratic not too bad today
Old 09-21-2021, 10:10 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning all

I am on the train to work.

Erratic well done on your sober time!! How are you feeling???

Dee I m glad to hear the pain is getting better 😊

So things with me..well I am ok. Just getting through each day as it comes to be honest. I spent the weekend at my dads with Seren and it was nice. We went to church and lit a candle for my mum. It was the church my brother got married at 10 years before so it was poignant being there remembering happier times. I dknt know what else to say. I just have this sadness. Some days it is easier than others .

I havent heard anything about the covid testing job I applied for. My application is still in process. So I am looking for other little part time jobs closer to home. I am glad my contract finishes next month and I wouldnt want to stay on at the site I am currently at because the travel is a bit of a pain in the **** and It will be horrible in the winter. But it's been a good little job for the first one I've done since flying and I've met some lovely people!

Its quite busy on the train this morning. It's the London train and I see people all sat in their suits with their computers out going up for their work day and I couldnt think of anyrhing worse lol. I will be glad never to have to get a train for work ever again.

Seren is good. She is with her dad at the moment. I have got good boundaries in place around him and dont have hardly anything to do with him anymore which is good for my mental health. I didnt want it to be like this. I would have loved it if we could be friends but it just wasnt possible and besides I have no desire to be friends with someone who cant even offer condolences to me after my mum died anyway.

My eating is going well and I feel so much better for it. I dont want to put junk in my body anymore. I'm enjoying eating healthy.

Oops at my station. Catch you all later xxxx
Old 09-21-2021, 10:23 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, I thought it was about time I showed my face, I didn't mean to stay away so long but time flies and nearly 3 week has gone by without me even realising it's been that long. I hope you lot are well, I have missed you all, I just need to make more effort to check in on a regular basis. I'm sober and staying that way but I know I need to stay accountable.
Anyway, I'm well, just as busy as ever though, it's been confirmed that Mr D.B has long Covid and he's got an appointment with the Covid clinic, whatever that may be, in October. He's back at work but he's suffering with a lot of pain in his joints and constant fatigue, which is a bit of a pain in the backside to live with, if I'm honest, but he's doing his best. We're painting the kitchen and the dining room but it's slow going, we'll get there eventually though.
The grand children are all well and Owen has settled in well at high school, in fact he's loving it and he had a trial yesterday for the school rugby team, he played well but has got to have a second trial next week. He's very small for his age, but he's rapid and he plays for a team out of school anyway, so fingers crossed.
My mum is doing well, she's 88 now and still gallivanting round the shops in town every day, compulsive buying lol, she's currently painting her bathroom to brighten it up for the forthcoming winter months!!
Loki the kitten has grown loads but no wonder, she never stops eating and she terrorises my other cat Lulu. She is, in fact, the naughtiest cat I've ever had, but I wouldn't swap her.

Erratic, firstly thank you for contacting me and checking up on me, I really appreciated you doing that, I can be a bit of a recluse at times and it's not good for me, you made me realise how much I miss you all. I'm so proud of you for being sober, 32 days today, I think. That's over a month, wowsers, your family must be pleased for you. How are you feeling in yourself? I hope you are taking good care of yourself in every way, because you deserve it.

Good morning Suze and congratulations on your voluntary job, I think you'll make an excellent peer mentor, you have a lot of empathy. I'm sure you'll hear more about the paid job too,
It's good news about your friend being sober and I'm sure she'll get over what you said to her, the truth can hurt, but you might just have given her the kick up the backside she so badly needed.

Dee, I'm sorry that you've been suffering with aches and pains and I hope you're feeling better today.

I'm off for a peruse now, but I will be back.

Lots of love to you all. xx
Old 09-21-2021, 11:54 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine now thank DB - the good thing about me is I'm never down for long.

I'm sorry to hear about Mr DB. I hope there are things this clinic can do to help

Hey snitch - part time stuff sounds like its good for you right now, but I hope you find something more permanent soon!

Hey erratic - congrats on your sober time
D
Old 09-22-2021, 01:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning what a great thing to wake up to see your posts this morning x
yup day 32 for me and i went to my first co dependency/CoDa 12 step meeting last night x was a wake up call and really interesting. Defo will be going back next week.
Lets hope u hear about that new pt job soon snitch, it would make a big diffrence instead of traveling so far, that made me remeber when i travled when i lived in london, was a nightmare.
Hey daisy hun glad u made it back and really sry to hear about mr D lets hope they can do something about it. my friend who had it couple of weeks ago even with the 2nd jab has still ongoing problems and is bad. Also understand how it must be for u also xx

Im still getting confused, which i have alcohol councillor prob phoning me this morning so will talk to him about the tablet, which i do think its the tablet that is doing this and losing my sense of taste and not my smell, as i dont have any other symptoms, also my shaking and nervousness is hard to control aswell, hard to explain. I guess going out and meeting people is putting my moods and myself to a test and i havent yet learned tools to address this, also im not really eating again, so im trying to control something., so i guess im not looking after myself that well. still here though and trying to be positive and push on. Hub is having a nightmare time at work just now, so he cant support me as much as he wants too. daugter is having a nightmate time with her partner and izzy is ill again and again not in my control to help in anwyay unless i went down. nvm ive droaned on more than i should of i guess, sry xx

I guess there is always someone worse of than me I may go to ADAPT meeting tonight i will see how things go through the day, i am back to work tomo and friday and also sunday, so that might be enough for me i think.

as i said great to hear from you x hope today is not to hard on u all xx
Old 09-22-2021, 01:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think with all you have going on you're doing brilliantly erratic

D
Old 09-26-2021, 01:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
day 36 for me, i ended up not going to the ADAPT meeting that thurs as i became actually unwell for a number of days and still trying to get over it now. I have asked to be put on DART course which is this https://www.alcoholanddrugsaction.or...DART-flyer.pdf which i hope im able to do, so im picking what recovery stuff im doing. I am still wanting to do CoDa aswell, i will just have to watch how much i put on myself i think.I have work this afo which hub wanted me to phone in sick, but im hoping that im feeling better and its only 5 hrs and then i get my days off.

How is everyone else doing? snitch did u get that volunteer job? Daisy how are u getting on? Viper how are u getting on also? Dee u feeling any better?

Will leave it there for now, just wanted to update everyone and see how u are getting on also. xx
Old 09-26-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

All ok now thanks erratic
Good luck this week!

D
Old 09-27-2021, 12:30 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks dee x
was sick again last night, so taking it bit easy today and ive come out in some spots also and still havent got taste back, so im taking break from antabuse but taking campral to see if its that. i am also going to take covid test, so can rule out that.
day 37 x
Old 09-28-2021, 11:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
miss u guys x covid test came back as negative and im now on day 39. hanging in there x
thinking of you all xx
Old 09-29-2021, 01:43 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on Day 49 erratic that is awesome

D