Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 17

Old 08-22-2021, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 17

last part
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-16-a-20.html (Class of April 2018 part 16)

D
Old 08-22-2021, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

phew i nearly lost my post there while u dee was closing it lol

morning x
oh my daisy good to hear from u, but sry to hear about loki, he wont be far im sure. Is there a tree anywhere in ur garden or near? my old carrot when she was a kitten went up a tree. also any out building or other odvious hiding spots. maybe put out some food aswell x here think of u little loki x

On the tablets, everything seemed to went ok which is a good thing, i just have to watch and remember not to have certain foods and stuff and i will stay ok, oh and the other important one and will be happening as i will not be having any alcohol when on this tablet x so i have my tool box and mood diary which i actually started last night and will be doing daily with my other stuff and the other thing is on this tablet i have no choose but to stay sober even if i stopped it , it takes 1 to 2 wks for ur body to adjust and even then i saw other reports it can take longer depending on how long u have taken it. so im all in for this and it will do the trick as it has as said taken the choice away from me and also its like being down at daughters lol. so better try keep bz or actually try just relaxe and let it takes its place if u understand? i do still worry about my mood and eating, but that will get seen to when if and it happens xxx

Thanks for reply on the husbands foot, guess just have to wait and see when it subsides as got he is a moody git sometimes lol but i do understand constant pain and how draining it can be x

good to hear u have had some good days with gkids and i have only been to southport once, was a teenager when went there, it was for my dads work who was having a bit of a doo lol

right im off to get cup of tea , im up later this morning x
Old 08-22-2021, 11:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry erratic - didn't see you there

D
Old 08-23-2021, 01:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

lol dee
Old 08-24-2021, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Going to be taking my 3rd day of tablet soon.
hope everyone is ok xxx
Old 08-24-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey all.,

Good to hear from you Daisy!

Erratic well done on day 3 of tablet. How are You finding it?

I've been in a bad way. Today I really prayed though for strength and courage to get through today. I made myself get up and work out and eat healthy. Seren was out all day at a football thing that her dad arranged for her and when she got back at 3 we have come round to our friends house sone can get out. I have made up a little routine that I want to stick to every day. Its nothing major but I think it will help give me some focus and get me out of bed. It includes a daily workout and a walk outside daily. I think getting fresh air will do me good.

I am going back to work saturday which I am quite looking forward to. And seren is going to go down to Dymchurch with my brother and sis in law, her cousins and my dad. They are staying in my uncles caravan. My mums brother. My mums sister will be there also so it will be really nice for my dad. It's a shame I cant go but actually I want to get some deep cleaning done at home and catch up with some friends hopefully too so it will be good for all of us.

Sorry I'm not that upbeat. nothing could have prepared me for losing my mum and it is so bloody painful but I have to find a way to carry on for the sake of Seren and my dad and also my mums memory.

Thank God I am not drinking !!
Old 08-24-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks snitch and sry ur not the best, i guess getting urself into a routine is a good one which i should practice x i need to get out myself x
The tablet is fine and i know i cant drink, however i did struggle today which hey its early days and i got past it x i have just been sleeping alot and going to bed early so i can get through these early days of the tablet x

glad u touch based with us hun x im doing my normal just now, having a quick check in before i go to bed and read for a bit and then sleep xx

hope u get ur deep cleaning done and also you get urself out xx take care snitch hun xxx
Old 08-26-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

day 5, just thought pop in and say it took tablet and things are fine x
Old 08-26-2021, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey guys.

Quick night check in from me.

Erratic well done on day 5!! That's great. How is your head though? I know the antabuse takes away the choice to drink because of its affects but it doesnt help with the mental cravings. Are you finding it ok?

Daisy, I hope Loki has come home???? So many cats go missing where I live there are always posters up 😔 that's so nice you were able to spend they day with Mandy. How is she coping?

Hi Dee!

I'm ok. i have good days and bad days. Today I was really upset all day. Just the realisation I'm not ever going to see my mum again hit me hard. I miss her so much. My dad came and got Seren and she is at his tonight as they are going to stay in my uncles caravan tomorrow in Dymchurch which is in Rye. It's so nice there, I am gutted I cant go as I have to work. I love staying in caravans! Im happy they are going but its bittersweet as my mum should be there and that makes me sad.

Other than being low about my mum I am doing ok in myself. I've been eating clean and healthy and exercising. Been cleaning g and sorting out stuff out today. I think I many join a gym as got an introductory offer through for a new gym which is only £29.99 a month and it had yoga and pilates. No contract so that's good. I wanted to re goin tbe yoga studio but its £75 a month which is quite alot for me at the moment. We'll see.

Am gonna sign off now as going to find something new to watch on netflix. Bu he watching stuff occupies my mind and there is soooo much on!

So I will wish you all a very good night

😴😴😴😴
Old 08-26-2021, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 08-27-2021, 10:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning all (or evening Dee!)

I am on the train to worktoit is good to be up and out early even though it didnt feel like it this morning when my alarm went off.

I am ok ish. Just putting one foot in front of the other. I am so so sad but I guess that is to be expected. I have been getting some comfort in reading others experiences online. It helps to know I'm not the only person going through this.

I've just picked up reading the shack again Dee. I had got halfway through and stopped. I feel I need to finish it now!

So yesterday I went to see my friend whinis in active alcoholism. Omg it was awful. I was expecting bad but not as bad as I found her. She could barely walk to the door to open it to let me in. She was so wobbly, intoxicated and also weak from not eating. She stank, her hair was matted, her nails were all long and broken and dirty, the house was a complete mess. Empty bottles of vodka everywhere. Dishes piled up and when I washed them up there was sick clogging the sink. I took out 5 overflowing bin bags of rubbish. I cleaned the toilet for her which was covered in sick. The upstairs bathroom was horrendous too but I didnt have time to do that. She was just lying on the sofa, there was a jam jar with a knife in it it looked like that os what she had been eating. My friend, who is beautiful like really stunning and funny and fit and a clean tidy person looked like a homeless bun and was living in a s@&t hole. I could weep for her. I was trying to get her help. I wanted to get her sectioned at the local mental health hospital but she has to be referred. I called an ambulance out but they said they couldnt take her there unless she was sober! She claims she is trying to taper but she isnt , she is drinking she was wasted when I was there. I couldnt get any joy anywhere. I spoke to her key worker and she was going to get adult social services to do a welfare check on her. She has to stop drinking at least long enough to just get sobered up and then we can tey and get her help. Her family have washed their hands of her. It's really just me and akme other women in AA who are trying to help. Anyway it was a stark reminder to me of what lies in wait if I pick up a drink again. I was so stupid!!! My alcoholism tells me that alcohol is glamorous and fun and sophisticated. Ha! Not for me. Alcohol for me isnt sitting in a nice bar sipping champagne from a flute. Its swigging bottles down my neck alone and depressed. Like my friend. I am SO bloody grateful that when I picked up last month it didn't turn into a full blown relapse. An alcoholic who drinks is playing Russian roulette with his/her life and I dint intend to play that game ever again.

Signing off now. will catch up later

Hope everyone has a good day

Old 08-27-2021, 10:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry about your friend Snitch, but I'm glad some of you are helping her.
I hope you get as much as I did from The Shack

D
Old 08-27-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 08-27-2021, 11:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
sry to hear about ur friend snitch and good to see ur post this morning x
i am on day 7 and am actually fine just now also. had long day at work yesterday and i am back to doing sometimes sunday afo aswell which i will be working this sunday afo. anyway nothing much to add just now.
hope u have a good day at work hun x
Old 08-28-2021, 01:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week erratic
I won’t wish everyone a good weekend for a third time
old age..

D
Old 08-28-2021, 03:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

lol dee your a dear xx
Old 08-29-2021, 04:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning lovelies, I got here at last. I just don't seem to have a spare minute with looking after the 3 children during the holidays. One more week to go before they're back in school, yay, though we have had some good days out. Thank goodness I'm sober, I couldn't do what I do otherwise. Owen is excited about starting high school, I've got all his uniform now apart from a pair of trainers for p.e which I'll get this next week. I've had to take his trousers up and I'm in the process of taking the sleeves up on his blazer, which is a bit of a new challenge, but I'm getting there. It will be fine.
Loki kitten was missing for 2 nights and turned up on Tuesday morning 5.30 a.m crying at the back door. I think someone had had her in their house as it was as though she'd disappeared from the face of the earth. She was so pleased to see us, purring and wanting to be cuddled but she wasn't particularly thirsty or hungry and usually she is such a greedy guts.

Thanks for the new thread Dee and for everything else you do. It's all appreciated.

Hi Erratic and it sounds like your doing really well on your tablets, I'm pleased for you. How long do you stay on them for?
I hope your husbands foot is getting better, it sounds really painful.

Hi Suze, it's good you've gone back to work, it will keep your mind occupied. I understand completely how you're feeling regarding the loss of your beautiful mum, I have no words that will make you feel better, all I know is that it does get easier with time though that ache in your heart never leaves, you just learn to live with it. Your mum would want you to live your best life and that's what you must do.
It made me sad to read about your friend, there but for the grace of God go I. It sounds like she's in a right mess but until she faces up to it and wants to get better, you can't do any more than what you're doing. You're a good friend.

I'll finish off what Dee started and say 'I hope you've all had a great weekend' lol.

Lots of love to you all. xxx
Old 08-29-2021, 10:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, happy bank holiday Monday. I hope you all have the best day possible.

Lots of love xxx
Old 08-29-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
great to see u daisy x gosh you will be bz having the 3 grandkids x i bet ownen is looking forward to starting high school x our little willem is going FT at nursery on the 6th. where has the time gone!! glad u got loki back also x
Not sure how long im on the tablets for, i know u can take them up to a year if needed. I am having more reactions to tea and coffee and coke and some foods now as the tablet it building up more. I am thinking of asking as i looked up more about the stuff is if i can get coated tablet which desolves in the bowl more than the stoumach as i have been getting headaches and sicky feeling and bit tender in my gut, but im still pushing forward in taking them for now. its day 9 today and thats far the most i have done in a very long time.
I have no plans today, i know i should do the bathroom and get a shower also. I was also working yesterday which im doing alternative sunday afternoons now, least it passes the time at the weekend for me. Need to get a new book also as finished the one i had over the weekend. so nothing else really. hope u have a good bank holiday daisy and snitch xx how is our viper doing?
Old 08-30-2021, 01:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 9 is awesome erratic - I hope your doctor can help with the side effects tho

D