Old 09-01-2021, 01:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 11 erratic!!

D
Old 09-02-2021, 08:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I am having a little sit down so thought I'd quickly post.

Well done Erratic you are doing really well. What sort of reactions are you having hon?

Daisy I am do pleased Loki is home safe and sound! And I bet you cant wait to have some time back to yourself?! I am but it's going to be filled with cleaning and decorating. I've got sooo much to do! But i'm actually really ready and looking forward to it! Seren goes back tomorrow. But she is starting a new school so it's all very exciting for her and me too. I am excited because I think this school wi be so much better for her. It's closer too lol.

I'm not too bad I'm feeling really sad today but then I am sad everyday and I am always going to be sad because I miss my dear mum so much and nothing is the same without her. The pain makes me feel physically sick and scared as well. Seren and my dad had a good time at the caravan with my brother and his family but my dad was shattered when he got back and then he had me and seren again for 2 nights as we went to legoland yesterday and so we stayed the night before and last night . At the moment I feel like I only want to spend time with Seren, my family and only 1 of my friends. I dont want to see anyone else. Its strange. I just dont want to see anyone at all and just pretend everyrhing is ok when I am just all withered inside. I'm back at work and that's fine I can put on a face for the time I'm there. I'm looking for other jobs tho , and i am also going to start my own business up and see how that goes.

Sorry I'm not more cheery. Everyrhing is ok, but not ok if that makes sense?

Ok will log off now and gonna log onto the womens international AA meeting for a bit.

Love to you all xx
Old 09-02-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for your pain Snitch.

D
Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
great to see u snitch x i hear u on ur pain hun x really glad ur still posting with us x good that ur daughter had good time at caravan with ur dad. i bet ur dad was exhausted, have u thought about sharing how u feel to ur dad? prob all of you are so exhausted due to holding yourself up and not showing how u are all feeling? not sure if that came out right or what i meant, hope it doesnt upset u. Just wondered if you ever thought about getting grief councilling to help u a little? sry brain is not working this morning x
day 13 for me and i think i have past the side effects now as im not getting as much headaches while drinking tea and coke, but i still watch what i take x
sry again snitch if i said anything that would upset u xx prob i just need to read and listen x
right i better go and get my second cup of tea maybe that might perk my brain into working x
Old 09-04-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awww bless you Erratic, you have bot said anything to upset me at all, quite the contrary. I guess this is all to be expected really. We are going to be sad . My mum was very much loved and she is greatly missed. Some days will be better than others. I was really low yesterday and feeling a bit brighter today. In all honesty we arent all doing too bad. None of us are drinking or drugging ourselves to death or feeling suicidal. We are just getting through each day as best as we can. I know my mum would want us all to live our best lives and I will try to do that in her memory.

Well done on 2 weeks hon that's amazing. Are you feeling the benefits yet? When are you next seeing your grandchildren and are they all doing ok?

Hi Dee thanks for your words.

Its sunny here. Seren is going to my sisters for the night and I am going to go on a nice walk out in the sun along the seafront. Work tomorrow. Days off go so quick!

What's everyone up to?
Old 09-04-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hi snitch thanks for putting my mind to rest that i didnt upset u x guess u know me by now in how i talk lol really glad to hear ur going to ur sisters and yeah days off do go quickly x also glad ur a bit brighter also x
im not up to much and just taken tablet, so day 14 and im still having moments where i think about drink, guess thats normal, i just try to push through and keep positive x On the daughter we are hoping to go down near end of oct for a few days, so be good to see them. Wilem was in hospital for a night due to a sickness bug he had but he seems brighter today. Little izzy also got it aswell so he isnt eating as much today and is bit more dopey, but things are improving for them all.
I cant believe im in 14 days sober, i am still learning to live being sober aswell, so my mood does dip very low on occasion and also my appettie, my alcohol councillor is going to phone me again next week to keep a check on me. still waiting for appointment with psyciatrist. anyway as i said just moving forward x
hope you enjoy your walk and visit to your sisters x have great day xx
Old 09-04-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Snitch

congrats again on 2 weeks, Erratic

D
Old 09-06-2021, 12:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
just wanted to share thats its day 16 and got past the weekend full of cravings. I kept moving forward and posted when things was hard. so new day and new week. going to try and keep postive and get my 3rd week in x
Hope everyong is doing ok?
hugs to u all xx
Old 09-06-2021, 01:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations erratic - that's the way to do it
Old 09-06-2021, 03:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yey Erratic that is awesome! Way to go I'm so happy for you 😊

I'm ok. I'm at work at the moment. I've applied for another job. It's still covid testing but working for a different company and it's more money and I can bid for my shifts so have more flexibility. So fingers crossed 🤞 I'm also taking control of my food and my eating and it is helping me so much. I want to make changes on my life and change only comes about by taking action right?

Its v hot here in our little cabin today. 2 hours and then I'm outta here.

Much love

Old 09-06-2021, 04:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

yay snitch, good to hear from u again. good luck in getting that new job! your right about taking action also x how is AA going on? u doing face to face or online still? alcohol councillor told me to look at a couple of recovery groups, but still unsure what to do, i actually booked myself into the gym this evening, so maybe that will help instead.

role on 2 hrs for u or its 1 hr now xxx
Old 09-06-2021, 09:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hola Amigas y Dee,

I had a dream last night that I went to a bar, and a bartender that I know was behind the bar. I ordered about 5 serious snifters of some heavy booze, like Cognac and drank them down. I didn’t feel drunk and decided to go. Then in the dream I woke up the next day and was horrified that I drank. Finally I actually woke up this morning and knew I had not. But it was a scary dream. As far as I’m concerned the nearest glass of booze is on Mars at this point, but still I haven’t had a booze dream in a very long time.

My health is not ok, and I am going to go back to that clinic that straightened me out before. I’m pretty miffed that a year long certification course I wanted starts now and free intensive Spanish at my old college starts tomorrow and I’m having a hard time getting out of bed. I’ll be fine after the clinic I would think. The whole thing really worked like a miracle last time. It’s foods. I can’t get back on that diet. It happens to most people that go there I heard today when I spoke to them.

at least I’m lucky enough to have this little apartment and a cool roommate. No stress in my home. A cool cockatoo here. No scary sister here. And the luck to be able to return to this great place for another fresh start on my health. My parents estate is settled out and there isn’t much but I’m using a chunk on my health. It’s an investment in me.

Viper
Old 09-06-2021, 09:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the clinic can help again Vipe - take care of yourself.

D
Old 09-06-2021, 10:08 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

An early good morning to you all, I got here at last, I've got a fair bit of catching up to do, lots of bedtime reading for me catching up on all the posts.. Grandson's 1st day at high school yesterday went well, he loved it, but in saying that he was only in for 2 hours,it's his first full day today, so lets see how that goes. He was full of it yesterday and he looked very smart in his new uniform with his blazer too, he's made 100 new friends ( his words) and his form teacher is fun. I hope he feels the same way come Friday, lol.
Other than that my eldest grandson has Covid symptoms and he and the rest of his family have to isolate until he gets the results of his PCR test today. Loki kitty hasn't done any disappearing acts, she hasn't been through the door, but my big Lulu cat left 3 dead mice on the back doorstep yesterday morning. One of them was skinned
The weather has been gorgeous the last few days so I might get out in the garden for a while today.

Erratic, you're doing fabulous, you're very nearly on 3 weeks sober.. How are you feeling in yourself?

Good morning Suze and good luck with the new job, I hope you get it.

Hi Viper, great to see you here and well done on being 3 years sober. I'm sorry to read that your health is suffering again. I hope that clinic can sort you out.

See you all later hopefully

Lots of love xx
Old 09-06-2021, 10:42 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope your gson gets a negative result DB

D
Old 09-08-2021, 02:44 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
good to see u viper and hope u get back to that clinic x
day 18 and my mood is not so good today, im feeling confused and crabby. had phone call from alcohol councillor and doing what he asked and have made appointment to see a support group on staying sober and to help more with my mental health, so will see if i find it ok, if not there is another support group i can try. Guess it saves me from staying in bed majority of the day.

thats all for now, glad to see ur both x
Old 09-10-2021, 10:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
Thought would share with u lovely people, its day 21 sober for me, so that makes it 3 wks and as u know i havent been able to do this length of time for many years. I have to say also that i would never of done this without u lovely daisy x snitch x viper x dee, you have always over the year supported me. Love to u 4 xx
Old 09-10-2021, 11:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations erratic!