Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 17

Old 10-10-2021, 03:56 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and a happy Sunday to you all. Its a beautiful sunny day here so far, don't know how long it'll last.
My daughter and her husband have both now tested positive for Covid, they've both been double vaccinated, so hopefully they'll only get a mild dose of it. The worrying thing is that they both did lateral flow tests every single day from when it was confirmed my grandson had it and every day they've been negative, but the P.C.R test shows otherwise. Anyway, thank goodness for online shopping. I can do doorstep drop offs for any bits they need.
The hospital phoned Mr D.B on Friday and said he needs to use an oxygen machine at night as he has sleep apnea, they said he is quite mild and they will give it him as trial to see how it goes, so that should be interesting!

I hope you have a good evening Dee and a lovely, restful sleep.

Morning Erratic, big hugs to you my love, please take note of what Dee says above, you are NOT a waste, 49 days is huge, you've drank but you can stop now and carry on from where you left off. You've proved that you can do it, so get right back on it and carry on doing it. I'm proud of what you've achieved and I'll be proud of you for what you will achieve. Don't beat yourself up, just dust yourself down and get right back in the saddle. Always here for you. x

Lots of love to all of you xxx

Old 10-10-2021, 04:03 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the family has minimal illness Daisy
D
Old 10-10-2021, 04:39 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, me too. So far, so good so fingers crossed. x
Old 10-10-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

evening x
Thanks so much for your kind message daisy x really sry to hear about ur daughter and partner, i do hope they dont have to much problems as u said they have been doubled jab x Good that they can get a home delivery as it will make all the diffrence x sry to hear that mr D has to have oxygen but that will also make a diffrence but i hope that it doesnt keep u awake also x has he had sleep apnea for long? or is a side problem from when he has covid? sry for late reply as i was working this afo x hope urself have a relaxing evening hun, u deserve it with all the help u give xx

Did i say work, omg it served me right today in how ill and been on verge of panic attacks all afternoon while at work, daughter kept phoning me when i needed help to stop having full blown panic, which have to say what a support she has given and im so lucky that i have her, which its a shame that she had to help me as it really i need to be there for her. hub has also been really nice aswell considering its my fault getting in this state, but i am grateful and lucky to have such support from them and hell you and everyone else who has helped me today x as a few people have said to me is i will keep my time but it wont be day 50 today i will keep it as 49 and be 50 tomo, if that makes any sense? not sure why and what nvm x

I am going to leave it there for now and head off to help hub who is making me dinner again im lucky x i better make sure that dinner stays down also, which i havent been sick since i had some ribena later this afo. so fingers crossed x

have good evening x will be back tomo x Hugs to you both xx
Old 10-10-2021, 02:15 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better now erratic

D
Old 10-10-2021, 03:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You are definitely not a waste erratic
Getting sober is hard especially now in COVID time and especially if you have other issues affecting you as well.

You made 49 days - that is a massive effort I was proud of you and I know everyone else here was too. Our pride and care and concern for you doesn't vanish when you drink...you are part of the family.

You have shown that you can get sober no you need to work out how you can stay that way.
It's like you're in a rocket ship...you've left the surface of Planet Addiction... now you have to work out how to escape the gravitational pull

Rocket boosters on erratic - you can do this.

wow! Love love love this post!!! it made me feel really emotional actually when I read it . Beautiful and accurate.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hello my lovelies.

I have a new phone and so much easier to type!!!

Erratic,,,, Dee’s post was spot on. I too echo Dee and Daisy. You are NOT a waste of space!!!!!!!!!
Alcoholism is bloody tough but you did 49 days without alcohol. That’s huge. It proves that you do not need alcohol to survive and that you can live an alcohol free life. No time for self pity. You have to learn a lesson from this and get back up and on the sober horse.

Hi Daisy and yes I’m sorry too that your daughter and her hubby have covid but to be honest we will probably all get it at some point in the future. Honestly lateral flows should be binned! They are only 60% or so accurate. Useless. If I had symptoms I would only take a PCR. I wish them a speedy recovery and you look after yourself!! I was going to ask the same as Erratic, is the oxygen tank due to long covid?? How are you doing yourself my lovely? Xx

Hi Dee how are you??

i am doing better. I had an awful day wednesday. I was bingeing on food. It was awful. I didn’t want to but I couldn’t stop myself. It felt exactly like it did when I was drinking against my will. That utter powerlessness. I knew I could not go on like that. That. Ishtar I read everything I could on binge eating and compulsive eating disorder and something inside me just clicked. I realised I am not a greedy pig who is so weak willed I cannot control my eating. Willpower never helped with the alcohol so why would it help now. I am a compulsive binge eater. I have the same reaction to some foods as I do to alcohol. They set off a physical craving where I just can’t stop. And when I do eventually stop I can “be good” for say a week maybe 2 tops and then I pick up again and the whole sorry cycle continues. I can’t stay stopped. But when I realised this I suddenly felt hope!!! There is a solution. The same solution I use to treat my alcoholism. I just had to admit complete defeat though and I did on Wednesday!! Ahhhh the relief. I got back in touch with my OA sponsor, we are in the middle of working step 1, and today I am 4 days abstinent from my trigger foods and I am feeling so much happier and more positive already!!!
It’s a day at a time the same as the alcohol but there is so much more to it. I can see some light in my future now whereas it was dark before.

i can’t wrote much more, my eyes are closing. I’ll be back tomorrow.

Night you wonderful bunch
Old 10-10-2021, 03:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well again snitch - me too right now

D
Old 10-10-2021, 03:57 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi again lovelies, I'm just checking in before I go to bed. I'm all bathed, p.j's, slippers and dressing gown on and my hair is washed but still damp. Hopefully it will be dry by the time I've finished posting.

Hi Erratic and thanks, my daughter, partner and g.son don't seem too bad, apart from my daughter took my g,daughter for a 2nd PCR test this afternoon ( she had a negative one earlier in the week) and she said she was absolutely drained when she got back. Her and her partner have both got coughs and aching joints, as does my g.son, but nothing unbearable.
We think Mr D.B's sleep apnea is from long Covid, the hospital said that it is quite mild so they are giving him the oxygen machine as a temporary measure. He's had quite a lot of problems, mainly painful and swollen joints, chronic fatigue and his ECG showed him to have a flutter on his heart, something to do with a faulty valve, that he didn't have prior to Covid. He's on medication for that, he had more blood tests last week, so once the results of those are back. It's been 12 months this week since he had Covid and was hospitalised, so it's been a long haul. Honestly he wants putting in a bag and shaking up, lol. Just joking.
I'm sorry that you've been so ill and in work too, it must have been a very long day for you. It's good that your daughter and your husband are supporting you and so they should, you've supported them when they've needed you. Tomorrow's a new day, a fresh start, so go give it your best.

Lovely to see you posting Suze and I'm glad you got your new phone, bet you are too. I loved Dee's post too, he always knows the right things to say.
I totally agree with you about the Lateral flow tests and about Covid, I think it's here to stay, like the flu, and we'll all get it at some point. Most people only get it mildly and I'll be one of them when I catch it. I'm doing well, thank you for asking, I'm okay for the most part. Like you though I keep overeating and I've thought for a while that I'm a compulsive binge eater. Most of the time I'm not even hungry, I just eat for eatings sake, so like you, I'm going to take it one day at a time and take control over my life.

Anyway, I'll leave it there for now, I'm up early in the morning and I need some beauty sleep ( about 20 years worth should do it, lol).

Goodnight and lots of love

xxx

Old 10-10-2021, 03:58 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I nearly missed you there Dee. Glad you're doing well. Take care x
Old 10-10-2021, 04:43 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm only a little feller Daisy lol

D
Old 10-10-2021, 11:52 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning and so good to see all of your posts x
I am no better this morning again serves me right but i will be better when my body has recovered x I defo need rocket boosters again today x
great to hear from snitch hun x glad ur still sober and what works for the alcohol im sure can work for ur binge eating x
daisy thanks for explaining and do hope u had a good sleep x
thanks again dee and glad ur doing ok and ok for a wee feller xx

sry this is going to be a short post, i am lucky i guess that i had my day off today and think about going back to bed. So today is day 50 now and im glad i was sober yesterday and glad i will again be sober today and again ur right dee i have to keep working at being sober x

thanks again for all ur support xx hope u all have an ok day if u can x positive vibes to u all xx
Old 10-11-2021, 09:14 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Erratic you’re in no way a waste. 49 days is awesome. You can do it! Keep trying! Keep going!!

on my way back from CA. Man I hate CT. Anyway I went to San Francisco today and went to one of a few actual stores of a clothing brand I buy. Could have spent $2000. That would have bought me z as lot actually. I got a shirt and a jacket. Tried on all their stuff so I can order on online, when stores have sales I know exactly what’s what.

San Francisco is beautiful, but the soul of the city is dead now. Dotcom kids over ran what was one of the most interesting, coolest cities in the US.

alright waiting for a flight. I just thought I’d check in to see if you’re behaving!! 3 years + 4 months going.

VIPER

Old 10-11-2021, 10:12 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you're doing ok Vipe

D
Old 10-11-2021, 11:41 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Great to see u viper!!! good that u had a trip. have a good flight back xx
Old 10-13-2021, 01:27 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Morning all 😊😊

Well done Erratic for getting straight back on it. Drinking is OUT for us alkies. Now you can work on tools to stay sober for good. I know you want it or else you wouldnt be here. If any of us wanted to continue drinking then we all could but we know its poison to us so all we are doing is learning to live life sober. See , its simple lol. Love you xx

Hey Vipppppper,

I'm in day 7 if abstinance from sugar, fat and processed foods (not healthy fats only the horrible trans fatty stuff) and I am just starting step 2 in OA and wow what a difference. No wonder I was still miserable even after putting down the drink... I was still in active addiction only this time I was self medicating with food. I actually feel soooo relieved to know what was wrong with me and that I can do somethibg about it and I feel , well, like I am starting to walk in the sunlight of the spirit again and it is beautiful.

My only wish is that I could share this with my mum but I know she is looking down on me and it would bring her great comfort to know that I am doing well. I miss her so much but I will hiniurbher memory by living my best life possible.

I am doing step work with my AA sponsor this am. We are about to start step 2. So its great cos it is in line with my OA programme. The solution is all the same but what I love is even though OA do use the BIg Book they also have their own literature around the steps and it is a vit more modern so I feel like I am getting lot more out of the steps.

My good friend is drinking again. I sad. I gave her a few home truths last night. There was no time for wishy washy talk. It was so painful to hear. I could physically feel the battle she had going on with her wanting to stop but not having the power to do so. Ultimately the vodka one . He couldnt find the strength to pour it away. I said well if youre going to drink then drink. I love you and I hope you make it but there is nothing I can do if you're drinking. And I hung up. She picked up again because he had 2 court hearings and lost her licence and also custody of her daughter. So she picked up the very thing that caused her to lose them IB the first place. There is the insanity in full force. I pray she makes it but I m detatchinf with love.

Gotta go got my zoom in 5 xx

Back later xx

Old 10-14-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

late afternoon all x
good to see ur post snitch and good on u doing the steps and back at OA x i hear what ur saying and thanks for your reply x

I never got on this morning as was up later and had toilet probs lol so nvm that, im here now. Went to my DARTS meeting yesterday, went ok and went to art class after. had a chinese last night and went to bed early as it was delivery day today, as usual big but hey i got through it and was actually racing about and was actually happy for change lol. Will prob have early night tonight again as my hub bought tickets for a band tomo night so we are thinking about still going, but if crap will leave lol. Havent been out must be near 2 yrs i think, so be interesting on how it is. its day 53 for me. Not long either till we go down to daughters next wed , so cant wait for that.

right i will leave it there for now and head off a catch up on other forums x
hope u all had good day today and here thinking of you daisy and viper and dee xx
Old 10-17-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey hey

How is everyone??.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:36 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
hey hey snitch to you also xx how are u doing?

me and hub is going tomo so as usual i may not get on as much x will try my best xx
day 59 for me and had bz weekend. i was working yesterday morning aswell.

will leave it there for now x here thinking of you all xx
Old 10-20-2021, 05:13 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good afternoon lovelies, sorry to be away so long again, I really didn't intend to do that. I've just been so busy with one thing and another and I haven't had a lot of spare time. My eldest grandson is now all better after having Covid and went back to school on Monday, as did his 12 year old sister, who despite her brother mum and dad all being positive has remained negative all through it. My daughter is out of isolation today, yay, so she can do her own shopping now, and her husband is free from tomorrow. They all seem to be okay, fingers crossed, they had 2 or 3 rough days then gradually improved. I've had Owen off school with an awful cough from last Wednesday, we both went for PCR tests to be on the safe side and we were negative. He went back to school yesterday. Now I have a stinking, streaming head cold, but that's all it is. I look a bit like Rudolph with a big, red nose.
Other than that, all is as okay as it can be, winter is setting in, the leaves are falling off the trees and the days are getting much shorter.

Great to see you Viper, I hope you had a safe journey and all is well.

Suze, it's so nice to hear you being more positive and you're doing really well with staying off the junk food. I need to make more effort.
I'm so sorry about your friend and I do hope that she sees the light before it's too late. Don't forget that you have to put your sobriety 1st, you're welfare 1st. Your sobriety has to be number 1, you can be there for your friend but you can't do it for her. xxx

Hi Erratic, I hope you're having a good time at your daughter's and I hope all is well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take good care of yourself.

Hello to you too Dee, I hope you are well.

Lots of love to you all xx