Notices

Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-10-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Congrats to all on all your sober days!
My son's wife is spending the weekend with us. They are sort of separated but are getting on very well living apart. I always hoped she would come stay with us a bit, but now they are watching kabooki at top volume. Have any of you ever seen kabooki (sp?)? It's an ancient form of Japanese theater. It's horrible. Mind bogglingly horrible. Oh, well, you sometimes get what you ask for... I'm still glad she's here, though.
I didn't have cravings today even though I was around my family all day and am now super tired. That's nice. Unexpected.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:25 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
sry to say i picked up and have been drinking past 2 days, was really ill yesterday which is my own fault. on a good note i did receive my appointment face to face with my alcohol councillor for first time in over a year! thats happening a week from monday. also i am still waiting for the SMART handbook. I did mention that my alcohol councillor asked me to think about starting anti abuse which i will be telling him i will try when i see him, so hoping i get bloods and ECG quickly enough so i can get there doctor to prescibe it for me if all things are clear. so day 1 again but least i am getting in alot more AF days than before going to my daughters. Also got football tonight to watch which i will be doing sober!

congrats on everyone days and weeks and months, least u all are doing this! I will get there, just have to keep doing and trying x

will keep close today, hope u all have a good sunday x
Old 07-11-2021, 12:35 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back erratic

D
Old 07-11-2021, 04:20 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Glad you are back Erratic I'm also going to watch the football tonight should be good. Day 50 today. Filled with gratitude for Sr and AA and all the help and support I have received on my journey.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I never watch soccer but I am going to make an exception today. Wimbledon men's final now, football at 2 or 3pm....I will check.

Glad you have a face to face appt finally dear Erratic. That is such good news! ❤️

Old 07-11-2021, 07:28 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I never watch soccer but I am going to make an exception today. Wimbledon men's final now, football at 2 or 3pm....I will check.

Glad you have a face to face appt finally dear Erratic. That is such good news! ❤️

I don't watch soccer either am also making an exception Wimbledon final really good too I thought it would be one sided.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:29 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I know right.....this is GOOD!!!! ❤️
Old 07-11-2021, 09:26 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back Erratic and that you have a plan. Enjoy the game!

Congrats on 50 days someday147!

Day 9 today. I had another craving yesterday which means I wanted to B-line out of my Sober Living and run back to my fiances house to drown myself in red wine. I played the tape through and realized that I was just unhappy with myself and my social anxiety. I go to an online zoom mtg and although I get so much from hearing stories of hope and recovery; there is also a part of me that beats myself for not sharing/"giving back." I really don't have the desire or know what to say and my AV really likes to beat me up about it. I feel like Im forcing myself to say something meaningful or profound and I feel like Im just trying to please ppl when I do share and its exhausting.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:15 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

And not good for you and not the point....

I remember my first AA meetings/encounter.
I took myself to a convention in my hometown in Australia at two days sober.
I have no idea why....seems very brave of me....maybe I didn't know where the meetings were at that point.

I had a huge miracle and found my best friend from high school manning one of the tables.
She became my sponsor pretty much that day, and she kept telling me over and over: just listen Suze.
All you need to do is don't pick up a drink, get to a meeting and listen.

I don't think I said anything other than my name and my sober days for quite a few meetings....I can even remember the first time I shared....where it was etc. I was terrified. But it was fine. I was ready and it helped.

One day at a time love ~ just don't pick up, do a zoom or whatever meeting you are doing, talk to the girls in the sober house and maybe even try to have some fun. ❤️
Old 07-11-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
Glad to see you back Erratic and that you have a plan. Enjoy the game!

Congrats on 50 days someday147!

Day 9 today. I had another craving yesterday which means I wanted to B-line out of my Sober Living and run back to my fiances house to drown myself in red wine. I played the tape through and realized that I was just unhappy with myself and my social anxiety. I go to an online zoom mtg and although I get so much from hearing stories of hope and recovery; there is also a part of me that beats myself for not sharing/"giving back." I really don't have the desire or know what to say and my AV really likes to beat me up about it. I feel like Im forcing myself to say something meaningful or profound and I feel like Im just trying to please ppl when I do share and its exhausting.
I'm exactly the same with the zoom meetings KTB. I'm chairing and hosting on one now have done it 3 times and I find that easier than sharing! My anxiety just goes through the roof. I understand you beating yourself up but really it's just the av as you said. I also struggle with what to say I feel I have nothing to offer. I find just some gratitude does for me and if something else comes out fair enough, or read a passage from the big book if it's an AA meeting that way i'm contributing. My longest share is under a minute lol. Well done for playing the tape forward my friend, you will be ok we are all in this together.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:51 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I don't think sharing is about contributing as such.
It is a way to share the truths from our souls with safety.
A place where we can be heard and understood....and where just the fact that we are heard and understood helps us to begin healing.

Do it for yourselves dear someday and KTB ~ when you are ready. s ❤️
Old 07-11-2021, 06:11 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

This is my month

I almost lost my dad this month. I’m quitting and nothing will stop me this time.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:42 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bamadeer

D
Old 07-12-2021, 12:56 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
welcome bamadeer x
thanks venuscat i cant wait until my face to face, it will be soo weird but least it gets me out and gives me a push x
thanks someday x i watched the football only to the end, not extra time and penalities, i cant deal with that emotions that come with that lol was able to when was younger but not now x
not much on the cards for today, started the washing and potted around for a bit. its not even 9am lol
its been quiet here over the weekend, hope to find more posts later on how people are x

have good day all and keep up the good work x
Old 07-12-2021, 03:38 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Welcome Bamadeer.
Welcome back Eratic.
Congratulations on day 50 someday147.
Congratulations on day 10 KTB5000.
Installed a kitchen sink, faucet, supply and drain lines, and garbage disposal this weekend. Feel like I've been twisted into a pretzel from working under the cabinets. Old house and nothing fits properly. Three trips to the hardware store to make it work, but no leaks now.

One week sober today and keeping my guard up going into week two. This is where I have always slipped up in the past. Week one, two, etc. One month back in January. I've always had a high tolerance for physical and emotional pain, and have been able to white knuckle it through the withdraw symptoms, but after a week or two of feeling better I start to feel a little too smug. Confident that I don't have an alcohol problem. I'm not like the rest of these people, with real drinking problems. I can have a couple beers. Yeah right.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Congrats GottaBeKidding on your week....sorry I missed it yesterday.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Welcome to the July class, Bamadeer! And on a week, GBK and to all on your sober days.
Day 12 here for me. I'm feeling pretty good. Planning the day with staying sober being my first priority.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:34 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
KLC

I had my husband with me as well. He knows the deal and he himself was an addict and went through withdrawal and treatment. I am now drink free for the past 2 days and am doing well. Of course, I have cravings but I just watch a movie or keep myself busy with something else (read, work out, play with my pups, laundry, cleaning, ect.) Saturday was awful because my husband and I went to a wedding and all of my friends were doing shots and getting wasted, but I told my husband soon after the dinner that I was uncomfortable and we needed to go home. We rode the Harley to the wedding so it was a no brainer to tell our friends we have to go before dark! We got home and I felt as though I may have another panic attack and have to go to the hospital, but I turned on a movie, took some deep breaths and was finally able to just fall asleep.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:21 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Sounds like you dealt with that very well dear KLC ❤️

Panic attacks are very very hard....I get them as well.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
KLC

Thank you, venuscat... I knew I had to get out of there!

I have only had one panic attack and that was when I was 8 months sober, but I had to go to the hospital as I thought I was having a heart attack.