# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June Support Thread Part 2 2021

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...2021-a-20.html

D
Old 06-23-2021, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Venuscat - I have the same mosaic bird feeder!
Old 06-23-2021, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh! ❤️
Old 06-23-2021, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder guys

I know we all want to help but we shouldn't be giving medical advice here on SR and that includes these monthly threads.

'This is what I did' is usually ok, assuming the something isn't dangerous, but 'this is what you should do' is not ok.

We can't possibly know someone elses health conditions or the medications they take which could be negatively impacted by our suggestions.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 06-24-2021, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. Woke up to some much cooler temps here this morning, around 55 degrees. I’m going to try to get a walk in before starting work. Its really nice out.

I have been listening to a variety of sobriety podcasts while I walk and so far my favorite is the Bubble Hour. Not so fond of Recovery Elevator. Anyone have any favorites they listen to?

Starting some major early hydration for our trip out to Arizona this weekend. Doubling up on my water intake. I like to drink iced tea during the day, but the caffeine can be a little dehydrating. The temps will be about 30-40 degrees hotter than what we have here.

All have a great day! ☀️

Old 06-24-2021, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning,
LHW 55 degrees sounds great, Nothing new here everything is going according to plan. Today I am going to do my workout and I'm going to go to a few nurseries to find a banana tree for the yard (free bananas!!) Also I'm going to bake a cake to satisfy my sugar cravings...Stay sober my friends it's good for you!!....
Old 06-24-2021, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, the bananas jumped threads

Good morning guys ❤️
Old 06-24-2021, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ha! I'm a thread jumper..
Old 06-24-2021, 09:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

wow boondock a banana tree sounds amazing pics when you get it?

@lhw I haven't listened to any sobriety podcasts so am interested in anyone's ideas on good ones as well

@venuscat hello

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Old 06-24-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I haven't listened to sobriety podcasts either, so of no use there.

And hi someday ❤️
Old 06-24-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

On youtube there is good AA speakers like Chuck c., Sandy Beach, Clancy...also famous people like Anthony Hopkins, Craig T. Nelson, Eric Clapton, Danny Trejo, Buzz Aldrin, David Crosby..etc...
Old 06-24-2021, 10:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I was going to mention that, but wasn't sure if AA speakers would be your cup of tea....I know I LOVE them. ❤️
Old 06-24-2021, 01:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

End of Day 5 here and it's been a pretty decent week. Pleased to have the worst of the ickiness behind me and to be looking forward.

Suze, I didn't get a dog and it's a good thing I didn't - I've taken loans of several dogs lately and I've concluded that although I love them, they are too much work and just too much of a responsibility. I feel like unless you can really give it what it needs it is cruelty to keep one. I think I'd love a cat actually but live in an apartment so no way for them to get in and out to roam...maybe one day...
Old 06-24-2021, 02:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello to everybody.

Not much to say except I am very happy with myself that I am sober. Itching to do something different, but I was reading how newly sober people do that, in a way it is another way to feed the need of changing the way we feel. Interesting thought.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I never bought into that so much dear TTF. For me, it was more about I was itching as well, and I couldn't necessarily trust that what I wanted today would be in line with what I wanted and needed next week, next month. So I waited a bit.

And then moved to America and married a fellow SR. But I was 2 and a half years sober by then.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
End of Day 5 here and it's been a pretty decent week. Pleased to have the worst of the ickiness behind me and to be looking forward.

Suze, I didn't get a dog and it's a good thing I didn't - I've taken loans of several dogs lately and I've concluded that although I love them, they are too much work and just too much of a responsibility. I feel like unless you can really give it what it needs it is cruelty to keep one. I think I'd love a cat actually but live in an apartment so no way for them to get in and out to roam...maybe one day...
Totally here you s ❤️

I think you need a house and then you need someone at home with the dog or you need two dogs so they don't get lonely.
This loaner-dog program is pretty fantastic. Gives dogs company and encourages trust in a world where that is kind of disappearing maybe?

Glad you are feeling better today.... xxxxx
Old 06-24-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I never bought into that so much dear TTF. For me, it was more about I was itching as well, and I couldn't necessarily trust that what I wanted today would be in line with what I wanted and needed next week, next month. So I waited a bit.

And then moved to America and married a fellow SR. But I was 2 and a half years sober by then.
That makes sense, I can't really trust what I want right now, in a way it is like an impulse feeling.

I think I will go get some fresh air and a healthy snack at the store, different scenery even if it is just outside. Lot's of construction work going on in the distance and the noise I think is getting in my head also. Thank you.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. Hope you all had a pleasant day!

I went to the hair salon today and while sitting in the chair with my color processing, I was listening to the woman sitting next to me. Talk about annoying! Not only did she not shut up for an entire 90 minutes, all she did was talk about "the great times she was having getting rip roaring drunk in her late 50's". She talked about being trashed here and there, so trashed here that she slept in the hotel lobby on a sofa because she couldn't find her room, so trashed there that she couldn't find the hotel, blah blah blah blah. At one point she talked about her 58th birthday last month and how she got so drunk she doesn't remember the night...and she was so proud of it!

It was almost too much to take. I wanted to get up and just slap her. Geez. She was talking about it like it was a huge accomplishment. I was getting a headache. I kept thinking about how many nights I cannot remember what happened and I sure don't view it as an accomplishment. When she left the salon, her stylist said "oh, she is sooo much fun." I said "really???? She is 58 years old and gets trashed all the time from the sounds of it.". They said "yes, so much fun".

I didn't even know what to say at that point, so I said nothing. And hoped to heck I never said anything like that or sounded like that. If I did, I sure as heck won't ever again.....

Old 06-24-2021, 06:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've had women tell me that their hairdressers would drink wine all the time in the salon...
Old 06-24-2021, 07:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thanks everyone who commented on my feeling horrible after my second covid vaccine. I felt like I got hit by a bus but you were all right, I felt sooooo much better the next day! Managed to work out, and get put for a beautiful walk. And then, stayed active all week Friday tomorrow and it's the first time since March I don't work overnight.
can't tell you how excited I am to play scrabble all night then sleeeeeep!!!!