Notices

Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-27-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

So I am back on day one today. Its nearly 9pm here and I have no drink in the house.
I finally came clear and told my wife, also my Dad too. They have agreed to support me in getting help but my wife has said she is unsure if there is a future for us. I hope there is. I have contacted my local Community Addictions team who are arranging me to talk to them and I will also get counciling as I need the root of this sorted out so I can remain sober forever.
The shakes are starting to lessen and I managed to keep some dinner down. I know tomorrow will be better and continue to get better. Ive dont it before and I can do it again. I can never drink again or I will lose any chance of my wife not leaving me and taking the kids.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I think you are brave and wise dear Phil. Now that you have come clean, and sought out all of the help you want and need, everything is possible. s

We are all with you every step....and keep your faith.....stay strong and do not drink and one day at a time lots of things can change.
Sending all the hugs. xx ❤️
Old 07-27-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Phil- that had to be hard to come clean you your wife, but we all need a much support as possible and it was the right thing to do. It sounds like your using all of the resources available to you. Stay close and keep posting!
Old 07-27-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

A guy from AA so going to phone me tomorrow, I am hoping he might sponsor me.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:33 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

That is wonderful Phil
Old 07-27-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Phil and Citrus

D
Old 07-27-2021, 03:52 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
Hey all just checking in. Day 66 all good keeping busy with recovery based things.

I Iove that sparkling water type mother too Sunshine Sorry to hear about your reaction to the antabuse.

Glad to see you back Countrystix

How are things today @ Kittencat and free2beme888?
Much better! When I mess up it’s one time briefly on very little wine so I try to focus on all those days that I was alcohol free. I need to or I’d feel too badly about myself and that won’t work for me. Thank you for asking! x
Old 07-27-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Little bit of AV tonight but I urge surfed. I feel better knowing that I can just sit and be uncomfortable for a while. My hubby just brought home a treadmill for us. We are all excited to have it as an exercise option.
My oldest had a dentist appointment this morning, he is almost done with the work he is having done this summer. My middle son is going to get 4 teeth pulled on Thursday, not looking forward to that at all. But it really needs to be done for his teeth to not be so crowded. So I will be very careful the next few days with the stress I am feeling about it all.

Suze it is ridiculously hot here too. I went out with th oldest to gather some black berries. We didnt stay out long and where both drenched. The berries where worth it though, so much better than store bought.

Hi Dee! Hope you are having a great day.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:05 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kittencat

I understand not wanting to beat yourself up but I would be careful not to minimise your relapses too much either.

We want to be in recovery.
No matter how short a time or how light we drink, relapse is a sign somethings wrong and needs fixing.

D
Old 07-28-2021, 02:22 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I'm still here and still sober. Day 18. Anxiety overrides any thoughts of drinking. I have been cutting down Oxazepam, have had 7.5mg in the last 24 hours and it was prior to bedtime.

I woke up this morning feeling fairly good but worked with a young person yesterday who looked like they were coming down with a cold. Now I have symptoms of a cold. Hot flashes from menopause are much less frequent thanks to no alcohol so I'm being grateful for that.

Good thoughts and vibes to all July classmates. Keep trying, we need each other.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:49 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

we close threads at around 500 posts to stop things getting too unwieldy...but we open a new part right away.

Join us here for part 2 of this thread
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D