SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/454468-class-july-2021-support-thread-part-one.html)

Dee74 06-30-2021 02:04 AM

Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of

JULY 2021

come and join us!

https://cliparting.com/wp-content/up...-clipart-2.jpg
The latest JUNE thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-2021-a-5.html

kittencat 07-01-2021 01:59 AM

Me! I’m about done with wine and will begin tapering a benzo in the next few months *biting nails*.

It’s not easy but I’ve done it before and as long as it’s a slow taper it works well for me. I don’t like meds 🤷‍♀️

Dee74 07-01-2021 02:27 AM

welcome to the thread kittencat :)

D

Phil71els 07-01-2021 03:36 AM

Joining the July class, nice to be in from the first day!! Kittencat the Benzo taper will help a lot, dont be worried about it.
I will be posting here everyday. I have no booze and will not be buying any.
I wont be drinking alcohol today.

Rar 07-01-2021 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by kittencat (Post 7659651)
Me! I’m about done with wine and will begin tapering a benzo in the next few months *biting nails*.

It’s not easy but I’ve done it before and as long as it’s a slow taper it works well for me. I don’t like meds 🤷‍♀️

Hi Kittencat- Welcome to the July class. I’m a member of the June class and am beginning my 32nd day alcohol free. It helps to be with folks having similar struggles and triumphs as you. I will also be tapering my prescribed benzo in a couple of weeks (maybe sooner). I’ve already cut .25 and will live with that for a couple of weeks before I do another micro cut and begin a slower taper. I tried eliminating the benzo before the alcohol, but found that I was drinking more to offset the benzo reduction.

Hang in there. You will find much wisdom and support here. 🤗

InTheEnd 07-01-2021 04:32 AM

Hi. Feeling a bit sorry for myself today but wanted to join the class and try to participate. Day one again. Feeling very unsteady, unsure and defeated, but I’m here. Sending hugs and courage to all❤️

countrystix 07-01-2021 05:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm joining too. I was in the June class but struggled after getting a few days. I hope I have a better plan this time and more determination. I attended my first online SMART meeting yesterday and found it to be helpful.

Sobertoday54 07-01-2021 05:33 AM

Hi All,

I'm joining the July class because I’m tired of taking a step forward, and a step back. Just sick and tired of being sick and tired. Drinking isn’t fun anymore. No booze in the house. Ready to take it one minute at a time if that’s what it takes.

Dee74 07-01-2021 05:44 AM

Welcome everyone :)

D

kittencat 07-01-2021 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 7659701)
Hi Kittencat- Welcome to the July class. I’m a member of the June class and am beginning my 32nd day alcohol free. It helps to be with folks having similar struggles and triumphs as you. I will also be tapering my prescribed benzo in a couple of weeks (maybe sooner). I’ve already cut .25 and will live with that for a couple of weeks before I do another micro cut and begin a slower taper. I tried eliminating the benzo before the alcohol, but found that I was drinking more to offset the benzo reduction.

Hang in there. You will find much wisdom and support here. 🤗

omg yes! Alcohol has to be gone before the benzo taper or we’ll just drink to get something to hit that GABAa. I I find wisdom all over this place :)

kittencat 07-01-2021 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Phil71els (Post 7659691)
Joining the July class, nice to be in from the first day!! Kittencat the Benzo taper will help a lot, dont be worried about it.
I will be posting here everyday. I have no booze and will not be buying any.
I wont be drinking alcohol today.

Hi Phil! Good on you, no booze today.

kittencat 07-01-2021 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by InTheEnd (Post 7659724)
Hi. Feeling a bit sorry for myself today but wanted to join the class and try to participate. Day one again. Feeling very unsteady, unsure and defeated, but I’m here. Sending hugs and courage to all❤️

In the end, it doesn't even matter? Is that the song you're referring to? If not, no worry... I hear everything in songs. Unfortunatelly.
I'm happy you're here with us! x

kittencat 07-01-2021 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by countrystix (Post 7659760)
Hi everyone,

I'm joining too. I was in the June class but struggled after getting a few days. I hope I have a better plan this time and more determination. I attended my first online SMART meeting yesterday and found it to be helpful.

Hi! What is your avatar doing? Welding? A bird??? Have questions.

kittencat 07-01-2021 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sobertoday54 (Post 7659777)
Hi All,

I'm joining the July class because I’m tired of taking a step forward, and a step back. Just sick and tired of being sick and tired. Drinking isn’t fun anymore. No booze in the house. Ready to take it one minute at a time if that’s what it takes.

Hi! It's not fun once you know how bad it is. Lucky you with none in the house! x

RAL 07-01-2021 02:37 PM

Kitten. Its good to have you here. What day are you on ? I'm in June class but it's pretty quiet so will post in here too

countrystix 07-01-2021 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by kittencat (Post 7659888)
Hi! What is your avatar doing? Welding? A bird??? Have questions.

Hi kittencat, I cropped the picture so it would fit into the avatar. If you viewed the entire pic you would see there has just been a battle and the Viking warrior is looking into the flames reflecting. What looks like a bird are tassels from an enemy sword embedded in the ground near him.

Erratic 07-01-2021 11:23 PM

morning everyone x
i am joining in this month, i have just done 11 days when at daughters, but when came back wed me and hub ended up drinking. so i am going to start on day 1 again as i know i can do this and i have to do this. my new psyciatrist told me yesterday when had my first call from him is that he wont do much for me while i am drinking and killing myself, so i best get my crap together or lose having a pysciatrist which i have never had that problem in all the years since being diagnosed bpd, so guess its a new thing. nvm i am not going to dwell on him and what im having to do. so hub and me this morning has said enough is enough on the drink.

so will look forward into reading more of all your posts and how u are getting on. I will also try to post as much as i can x

catch u all later xx have good day all x

Dee74 07-01-2021 11:31 PM

Welcxome Erattic :)

sounds like you have some excellent reasons to quit now, and you know you can be sober for 11 days :)

D

RAL 07-01-2021 11:34 PM

Welcome back erratic. Great to see you 😃👍

Travelling today. Will check in later. Hope everyone has a good day
ral

Erratic 07-02-2021 01:31 AM

thanks ral and dee xx