Notices

Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-08-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GottaBeKidding View Post
Good morning all! Starting day 4. Feel better than I have in months. 57th birthday. First sober birthday in twenty years maybe. Can not have a party. Would be an excuse to drink. I think right now everything is an excuse to have "just one beer". Had to turn the TV off because everyone on TV seems to be constantly drinking and having a good time. Told my wife I'll be doing nothing for a couple weeks except working, and sitting on the couch with a novel and a diet Coke. It's good to have supportive family.
Happy Birthday GBK! I fully understand not having any sober birthdays in so many years; I am the same. We are indeed lucky to have supportive families; not everyone does. My wife is very supportive of me quitting.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm gonna jump in with you all if thats ok. I've been lurking and love how supportive you all are! ❤
I'm on day 53 I think. It's been going pretty ok. Having some its summer eff it and drink like everyone else thoughts. That is some dumb thinking right there!

BTG I am so sorry you are going through a rough time. I am so glad you are here and not drinking at the situation. My hubby also wants me to quit, but won't quit himself for more than a little bit. Keep sticking close to SR, you've got this.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:46 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hi Citrus! ❤️Xx
We just jumped from class to class.. I suppose we need the support! X
Old 07-08-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Welcome Citrus
Hi Kittencat I hope you're doing alright
Old 07-08-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrystix View Post
Happy Birthday GBK! I fully understand not having any sober birthdays in so many years; I am the same. We are indeed lucky to have supportive families; not everyone does. My wife is very supportive of me quitting.
You guys are so lucky, you best hug & hug your wives!
Old 07-08-2021, 01:53 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many happy returns GBK
Welcome Citrus - 53 days is great!

D
Old 07-08-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Welcome Citrus
Hi Kittencat I hope you're doing alright
Thank you Boondock, I just left the hospital- against their advice. I was fine and no one was answering or coming when I called them. I couldn’t deal with days of chaos and loudness constantly. I just couldn’t, it was horrible. I started my book every day and couldn’t even read it was so loud.

It’s a very good translation if you haven’t read it yet-
[img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/3b4e33c3-e1bc-47c0-903a-1a2befefbf1e[/img]

Old 07-08-2021, 02:01 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Ok, forgot how to post pics ☺️
Old 07-08-2021, 02:11 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

BacktoGood, what have you decided to do?
Old 07-08-2021, 03:04 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Morning all
Sorry things are bad for you BTG. I agree with Dee about how difficult holidays are. I am away atm and really struggling to the point I wish I had not come away. I wish I had not put myself in this position away from my normal safe routine to a place where everyone seems to be drinking and alcohol is everywhere. If the camping holiday is not going to save your marriage which it doesn't sound like that will be the case then I would seriously re think putting myself in a dangerous position surrounded by alcohol so ealry on. I know you are surrounded by it at home, as am I. but here it is the fact that everyone is relaxed, it's a holiday, everyone is drinking, it's normal to drink. It's very easy to just join in in that split second.
i totally hear what your saying. I think i wanted to drink so bad last night cause i had somehow already given myself permission to drink this weekend. I am bringing my own car and lots of alcohol free drinks. And i have the ocean to play in and kids to annoy.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:08 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
BacktoGood, what have you decided to do?
I just got off work, heading out in a few, just in time for Friday traffic. Joy. I'm taking my own car which makes me feel better. Going to do my best not to take the 1st drink. If i don't do that i have nothing to worry about. Wish it was that easy.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
You guys are so lucky, you best hug & hug your wives!
Thank you kittencat and will do :-)

Hope you're doing well.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone

How's everybody doing today?
Old 07-09-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I'm doing pretty good. Nine days. I stopped taking a supplement that was meant to help with depression, because it was so expensive, but yesterday, although thank God I had no desire to drink, I had a lot of depression. Just not getting any energy and hurting a lot emotionally. I am thinking of starting back on the supplement but first I am going to try some 'holistic' methods, like walking in sunshine and I think I'll give yoga a try. Also praying.
Speaking of, Backtogood, I am praying for you! And all of us, of course.
Hang in there everyone! Every day gets easier and is another opportunity to create a life we don't want to drink about.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:48 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I found some good prices for that Karen....but I think your solution re sunshine and fresh air and maybe even another meeting is a great idea.
Also, I wanted to mention to you re AA meetings....you might want to go to some that are topic discussion meetings rather than speaker meetings....and that way you don't get stuck listening to one person for half an hour. xx
Old 07-09-2021, 06:55 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday everybody,
I hope you folks are happy, healthy and in good spirits today! That sounds like a good idea Karen getting more active and doing some exercise is great for releasing endorphins and helps in the regulation and release of dopamine and serotonin as well as enhancing your self image!.... So it's a very beneficial activity for everyone and especially for those in recovery.
Stay sober my friends it's good for you..
Old 07-09-2021, 07:01 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree with Venus, my home group is an OD which is open discussion. Very rarely do we get someone rambling on for a half an hour, nobody there likes that. So our group leader at the beginning of the meeting mentions pretty much lay off the life stories, you know? If you want that go to a speaker meeting, right?
Old 07-09-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Everyone!

I have one week today! Tbh, the days seem to go by so slowly...I tested positive for Covid so I'm isolating at home and not feeling so well, but symptoms are relatively mild.

I'm just grateful today to be sober.

Love you all. Stay safe and sober

~KB

Old 07-09-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Oh gosh love that's not good
Gad you have mild symptoms though. s

(Did you see the anniversary list in the 24-hr thread? )

Congrats again on a week! ❤️
Old 07-09-2021, 09:09 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Thank you so so much venuscat!!!

I really appreciate it