Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-14-2021, 03:49 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Ah the joys of cIeaning hey dear BTG. Sigh. s
Just so gIad to hear you keep beating down the AV. ❤️

You keep getting back up Scott....that's how we beat this.
And so we go forward together, one day at a time. ❤️
Old 04-14-2021, 03:57 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Backtogood, your fun things made me giggle but also reminded me that it is good to have some chores lists in the back pocket so thanks for that. Citrus you sound so peaceful today. Well done for kicking the AV away Willow. Checking in Day 3. Yay, Tufty13 in one of my favourite cities! Go us! Nothing much to report here, I am doing ok. Plenny, lonely sucks. Dogs are super lush though.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:59 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott2295 View Post
Hi everyone - I’m back to day one and would to join April. I keep falling down. But I’m back up again. Eleven days of drinking this time. I’m so tired of this. I’m going to keep posting in the February group as well.
Sounds like a good plan, join in the April fun and keep the connections you made in the February group. Look forward to hanging out with you Scott.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:08 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Scott

The thing that really worked for me was posting here - especially when I wanted to drink.
I wanted change more...

D
Old 04-14-2021, 07:48 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Welcome Scott!
Old 04-14-2021, 08:35 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Going to bed feeling the best I have in a very long time. ❤
Old 04-14-2021, 08:44 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Well hello, I have three days today!
Old 04-14-2021, 09:50 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Hi Plenny! Big hugs to you. We were in a group together several years ago. It sounds like you have a solid plan, but sorry you’re feeling lonely.
hi phoebe! Good to see you.

I think I’ve been popping in here for a long time. I’ve always had an issue with tallying time so I’m actually not sure how long it’s been. But yes, years ago we were in a group together!

on that note, I should clarify that I’m actually just completing day one (first 24 hours) dry. It’s a pretty good feeling so far. I’ll need to make time for grocery shopping so I can have more good things to look forward to coming home to.

I’ll need to make some hibiscus concentrate. To make delicious n/a drinks and teas. And to help my organs get healthy again.

I hope those of you who were feeling down are feeling better.

it’s nice to check in here.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:05 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Welcome Plenny, Scott, Feliz 😊 checking in this morning and probably will later today as well as the last couple of Thursdays have been a bottle of wine night. I do not want that tonight but we all know it isn’t as easy as that. So I will post and reach out before I buy ‘just one bottle’. It’s a beautiful morning and I am off work so going to spend some quality time today with my lovely family. Hope you all have a good day and that we all go to bed sober tonight ❤️
Old 04-15-2021, 12:09 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome feliz

D
Old 04-15-2021, 12:12 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

congrats Willow

tired. Doing ok

Old 04-15-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day 15. I'm counting down the days to day 102, which will be my longest streak. Seems so far away. 87 days. But I've got Antabuse so I'm sure I can do it. I've asked my mother to supervise me taking it but she doesn't watch me put the pill in the water, I could easily only take a quarter and she wouldn't know, which I could drink on. I really should tell her she has to put the pill in herself but a part of me wants that option to only take a quarter for a week and get smashed.

But then the last few times I've gotten drunk have been disasters. Arrests, self harm, ambulance rides, getting barred from off licences. And I feel miserable when I'm drinking and feel even more miserable hungover. So why do I want to do it?
Old 04-15-2021, 02:04 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Administrator

addiction defies logic FF.

If you think there's a flaw in your plan and you really feel like you can't trust yourself right now, the right, recovery centered, thing to do is tell your mum.

D
Old 04-15-2021, 02:07 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Well I've taken it today (the whole pill). I'll tell her tomorrow she needs to supervise the pill going in the water.

Just need to remind myself of all the carnage drinking has caused so far this year.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:34 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Morning - I feel so much better this morning from yesterday at this time. Just gotta remember that.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:42 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Morning all. I was awakened by some serious thunder, lightning, and rain.

I love storms. In my part of the world any storm can turn treacherous for any variety of reasons. I’m abstaining from looking outside to see if my car is safe. Because right now, there’s nothing I could do if it wasn’t. So I may try to get a few more hours sleep till I can take my dog outside for a walk when it’s over.

he’s extra cuddly during a storm

some of you know me from before, I adopted a puppy this year! He’s another big reason I want to be sober. He’s so sweet. He needs a mom with all her wits about her.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 4

Zoom meeting is done! I will exercise and then work.

Praying for going to bed sober tonight and grateful for being sober today
Old 04-15-2021, 06:08 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Good morning FeIiz and PIenny!! s ❤️❤️
Old 04-15-2021, 06:08 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott2295 View Post
Morning - I feel so much better this morning from yesterday at this time. Just gotta remember that.
Good morning Scott. s ❤️
Old 04-15-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Good morning, and welcome Feliz.

Plenny, tell us about your puppy? Big/small, breed/mutt? We have a rescue mutt who’s both adorable, funny, goofy, and a hot mess at times, lol. He’s just turned 6.

Our daughter came home last evening because she has a dr appointment today, and she’ll stay until Saturday. It was so nice to feed her and hang with her for awhile last night. She has some school deadlines, so we might not see her much, but I like having her here. She’s a cheerleader for my sobriety. She commented that I look trimmer, and asked if I’d lost weight. I don’t think I have lost more since I last saw her, but things are redistributing, and I have a neck again rather than a thick, bloated look.

I’ve had a sugar craving that I need to kick next. I’ve let myself eat some sweets and carbs that I really shouldn’t. My body is looking to replace all the alcoholic calories it’s missing. It’s always something. My drinking and eating urges are part of a connected issue of dealing with boredom, stress, celebration, etc...by eating and drinking, both, and cooking is a hobby.

Have a great sober day everyone. 💕