Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-11-2021, 02:39 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I aIways saw a videotape in my mind, but if you want to go oId schooI, we can do that.
Do you stiII own a cassette pIayer?

OK....enough siIIy.
So gIad you are posting at witching hour.

What are you making for dinner tonight?
And is it easier for you if you get take-out instead? s xx
Old 04-11-2021, 03:39 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Haha, my mind always goes right to cassette. I should have a Walkman in a box or drawer somewhere with a few of my favorite tapes!!

I am making a quick homestyle bake with veggies, chicken and veggies on top. And I am figuring on dessert.

Just picked up a gallon of organic milk last night. Our neighbors should have milk from their cows pretty soon. We often trade milk for eggs.
Just put on Bedknobs and Broomsticks while doing a bit of laundry.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:48 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Sounds good.
Sounds awesome actuaIIy ~ I need some of your recipes. s

(Never saw that movie )
Old 04-11-2021, 07:18 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi all. It’s been busy here! Just caught up and glad to see so many doing well.

We had summer like weather yesterday, and hubs cleaned out part of the garage, while I listed things he unearthed on our Buy Nothing page. Got rid of all the things I listed. We watched the new Godzilla vs Kong movie with our son last night.

Today turned chilly and cloudy. I didn’t sleep great, woke too early, and my tummy is a bit off(I’m not sick, just have days like this after a big surgery 3.5 years ago) So, I was lazy for most of the day. I did put together a good dinner. Made meatballs and sweet sausages in sauce.

V, I watched Rebel too. I saw Katie Sagal interviewed and made a point to check it out. I liked it.

I came to post a few times yesterday and earlier today, and then got caught up reading a new person post, or a story that’s bumped up. Then I read more, as one reply might lead me to read more from that person, etc... Does that happen to anyone else? What always strikes me is how far, near, old, young, and all our differences, how much similarities there are in our experiences with alcohol.

Heading for bed soon. I get my second vaccine shot tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:13 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x im still on day 1, which again new day new week, also got my book delivered yesterday for a 7day liver flush im going to do not sure when i will start that as i need a few things to get and also i know i will have sugar craving when going into withdrawels,so i think i will prepare myself for that next week, so gives me a week AF before doing it. sry to leave it there, i am working this morning so will try to get back on later, i prob end up having a nap when get home,but hey ho see u all later

congrats on everyones days and weeks of being sober xx i will get there x
Old 04-11-2021, 11:37 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
RAL

Just quick check in as early start at work. 1 week today for me. Jr RAL been ill over the weekend, up all night. how grateful I was to be sober and present for him. hope everyone ok.x
Old 04-12-2021, 02:13 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a week RAL

4 weeks for me tonight
So tired today, I didn’t eat any refined sugar today. Yesterday was a blowout and I woke up feeling really flat, so hopefully after a couple of days off the sugar, I might feel a bit brighter. The sugar cravings seem to have replaced the alcohol cravings, although the AV is still trying to yabber away at me. I keep on booting it out of my brain as fast as I can.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:28 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Congrats WiIIow and RaI! ❤️

And ❤️
Old 04-12-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Congrats on 4 weeks Willow and 1 week RAL!! You guys are doing amazing!

RAL I have my yongest at home not feeling well too. So much better taking care of them clear headed. Hope yours feels better soon!

Good morning Suze!
Old 04-12-2021, 06:25 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Morning Citrus honey ❤️

Sorry you aIso have a sick kidIet today.
Sending heaIing Iove. s
Old 04-12-2021, 10:58 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about those caring sick kiddos. Definitely a better job done sober!

Erratic, be careful with a “liver flush.” There are herbs and supplements that are not great for the liver, and really, there’s no magic to undo the effects of the alcohol other than to stop drinking. Just be careful with things claiming miracle cures. In my past experience, my liver turned around with simple sobriety, exercise, and good nutrition, low on the carbs. But, I struggle being overweight and diabetic too...so the trifecta for liver injury. I’m fighting my way back to that place where things were all good.

Second vaccination done! I’m scrambling around getting some chores done in case I’m feeling poorly tomorrow. Laundry going and need to clean out our fridge big time.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I’m coming out of lurkdom to join the class if you’ll have me. Well done to all for your achievements, I’m excited to get started on this road again. I’ve had longish periods before and I’ve been much healthier and happier. I started up again late last year ‘just’ a few on a Saturday night, well that escalated quickly as they say so the last couple of weeks Saturday started on Thursday and finished on Sunday. Looking forward to spending the rest of the month sober with you guys.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:42 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

WeIcome to the group dear Ladytron! ❤️
Old 04-12-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hi Phobe. I hope that your second vaccine settles well.

Welcome Ladytron!

Headed out to a track meet in just a bit. Thankfully just oldest son and he is only high jumping today as he has another big meet this week and his main coach says only 1 meet day running weekly (he is a big advocate of saving his athletes for college and beyond).
I am taking a few snacks... and will NOT be buying booze on the way home. Hope hubby doesn't either, but if he does I'm still not drinking. *firm nod*
Old 04-12-2021, 01:56 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Welcome Ladytron

I hope the sick kids are better soon, little RAL and mini Citrus ❤️

Phoebe all the best for your second Covid jab. My partner is having his this week, my sister is also having hers soon (she rescheduled it but it will be soon). I’m not eligible yet, but will look at it when I am.
Meanwhile I’m having the flu shot soon.

Thanks for the congratulations
I feel like I might actually be on track this time....
keep kicking the AV out and don’t allow it any headspace. At all.

Stay strong Citrus, you can do it!

Have a good day everyone, I’m getting ready for work.
See you all later
Old 04-12-2021, 10:47 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
thanks for caring phoebe x hope ur 2nd jab goes ok x
nothing much to add, in quiet mood but still trying to keep posting even its once a day.
have great day everyone and welcome ladytron x
Old 04-12-2021, 10:56 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Good morning all and thanks for the welcomes. Early morning here, I slept better than I was entitled to after four nights of poisoning myself, I’m m sitting here with my coffee getting ready for another day working from home. I’m going to read back through the thread this evening to catch up with where you’re all at but I did see that willow has one month and RAL one week, huge congratulations to you both! I’m committed to posting here at least once a day and checking in when urges appear before acting on them, it’s a start. Have a great day everyone 😊
Old 04-13-2021, 01:12 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome from me too ladytron

D
Old 04-13-2021, 03:38 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Just checking in sorry I seem to be mad busy the last couple of days were renovating our house at the minute, just cosmetic work but loads to do. Plus our internet has been dodgy. So happy today its day 10 for me so back into double digits 😃

Welcome to the group Ladytron, hope your doing well, they are a great bunch of people here, so helpful.

Looking forward to reading through SR later on and reading how everyone has been getting on. Better run for now. x
Old 04-13-2021, 03:40 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days dear OTP!! s ❤️