Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-18-2021, 04:59 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Starting on Day 1 today...
Old 04-18-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Does any one know how to access threads in the archives, to save them and pull them up when you want to reread them? I wanted to save CarolDs tips for craving 101 helpful tips for recovery, urge surfing and other ones. Thanks
Old 04-18-2021, 05:55 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Here are the ones that you mentioned dear Sober53 s

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/235416-urge-surfing.html (Urge Surfing)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/347967-101-helpful-hints-recovery.html

Old 04-18-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, is there a way to save them or do I just add them to my subscriptions?
  # 445 (permalink)  

I added one.... s xx
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,
Hows everyone doing today? Im grateful to be waking up hangover free on a sunday. Day 15 today for me, im still finding saturday hard. Next weekend im going to plan a day out somehwere just had planned on continuing on painting the house but the hubby wanted a day off. were planning on selling up and moving soon if we can and it all works out. My hubby is AF day 9 today so proud of him, i think he want to do 3 months and see how he feels, hes doing great but he feels it on the weekend too as it was our thing to do.
I see a couple of us are painting and decorating. Have to say painting is definitely not my favourite Job but has to be done i suppose.
Freedom im partial to a glass of diet pepsi/diet coke too if there is any left in my house that is, at least there is nothing added to it i say. I need to start excercising now more too. I bought a stationary bike and im really hoping it doesnt become a clothes horse in my sitting room.
Willow i could do with one of those massages, i did some gardening the other day and i swear i was sore for 2 days after, my legs still are thats telling me something!!!
Welcome back countrystix! ive had a few days ones myself
Hope everyone has a good day today

Old 04-18-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober53 View Post
Thanks Venus, is there a way to save them or do I just add them to my subscriptions?
ExactIy ~ if you subscribe to them they wiII aIways be in your personal sub Iist.
AIso, you can send them to yourseIf in a PM if you want.
Or put the Iinks on a stickynote on your desktop.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:59 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrystix View Post
Good morning everyone. Starting on Day 1 today...
With you every step dear countrystix. s ❤️
Old 04-18-2021, 06:02 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi OTP. So gIad your husband is supporting you here.
And I say have a day off...I did that yesterday.
My body is thanking me today. s ❤️

Old 04-18-2021, 07:28 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Took a before pic and weighed myself in anticipation of my new lifestyle change.

175lb! 6lb overweight for my height. Not good.

Going to weigh myself weekly and take another progress pics in eight weeks. Hopefully I'll be a bit trimmer.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:48 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat I am today, its 3.45pm I'm still in my PJ,s 😂
Old 04-18-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Just had my last vape. So my nicotine free life has begun. Not looking forward to the withdrawals.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Evenig class, hope everyone is doing well. Quick check in before bed I’ve had a busy and productive sober hangover free Sunday and I’ve loved every second. Goodnight 😊
Old 04-18-2021, 02:40 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Just closing in on day 4 bulimia-free. Yippeeeeeeeee!

Hope all our Aprils had a good weekend 👍
Old 04-18-2021, 02:53 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Your doing great Devizes!!
Ladytron I love that feeling too on a sunday let's keep it going 🙂
Old 04-18-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

GO everyone.... s ❤️
Old 04-18-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sober53 View Post
QUOTE=venuscat;7623915]ExactIy ~ if you subscribe to them they wiII aIways be in your personal sub Iist.
AIso, you can send them to yourseIf in a PM if you want.
Or put the Iinks on a stickynote on your desktop. [/QUOTE]

you can also bookmark the page in whatever browser you are using

D
Old 04-18-2021, 03:20 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back countrystix

D
Old 04-18-2021, 04:15 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

It's just past midnight. Woke up hungry for a cookie binge. Brushed my teeth and made some chamomile tea. Back in bed waiting for the tea to cool then off to sleep.

It's after midnight so I'm now on day 1 off nicotine. Just over six hours clean. Withdrawals haven't kicked in yet but it would be nice to vape.

Day 19 off alcohol.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:18 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hey everybody. Had a pretty stupid night last night. Mind racing about really annoying work stuff. I didn't sleep at all. I woke up and decided to really be ok with the fact that I may not be there much longer. I'm a bit freaked out at myself -- I cold emailed the owner of a restaurant I really love to ask if they're hiring. They're good friends with my current boss too! I really scare myself sometimes. But I'm just not happy where I am. And I want to reach out to a place that I think would be a good fit. I'm trying to own that. I feel like I should feel I have the right to do that.... why is this hard?

Anyway, other than being really tired and kind of worried (although MUCH less worried than if I had been hungover! It's nice feeling a bit more balanced), today was pretty good. My friend did come over, and we took my dog for a walk and for his first visit to a coffee shop. He was so well behaved! I was so proud of him. It was so good to talk to my friend. She is one of the few people who see me, is straight with me, but also gives me grace. She was very empathetic about my work woes.

After coffee, I decided to do a little laundry. That turned into a lot of laundry, sweeping the whole house, giving the dog a bath, which led to cleaning the tub and sink and toilet, and then washing the towels and all of the blankets too. For some reason I just didn't want to dust. I hate dusting. But I really need to.

Then I went to a local restaurant to sit outside with two friends I drank a lot with over the years. My ex and I were friends with them. It was fine. They really don't care if I drink or not. I really appreciate that. But, of course, afterwards, I was walking my dog during the sunset, thinking about what a lovely dinner I had and what a good job I did, and I became sad about my ex. I wonder if he ever knows that I feel this way. But, I don't know if he does, so he probably doesn't either. Silly thoughts.

Last load of laundry drying. Puppy sleeping on the clean rug. It's a little bit chilly so I'm glad the blankets will be warm from the dryer. Ice cream on the counter. Just feeling like babying myself right now.