Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-16-2021, 11:50 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Home from a long tiring shift. Luckily, I squeezed out before they started drinking and I had some excuse (which isn’t needed really). I said I had to pick up a friend and I slipped out. it feels great to be falling asleep sober and safe
Old 04-17-2021, 05:55 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all you sober Aprilers.

Just checking in on my day 6.

I’ve been busying myself with painting and decorating the kitchen in preparation for a lady from Wisconsin coming to stay with me for the summer. I’ve been beavering away for fourteen hour days so I haven’t even thought about picking up. I’m looking forward to having some different energy in the house.

Happy weekend everyone.

I’m embarrassed to say that other than I know it’s in America, I have absolutely no idea where Wisconsin is. 😳
Old 04-17-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

ReaIIy? She can get into AustraIia? I am so surprised....as a visitor?
Sorry....just wondering when on earth I can visit home.

Congrats on 6 days dear Tufty!! s ❤️
Old 04-17-2021, 08:41 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

Congrats on all your milestones!

I'm now on a very, very long-awaited, hard-won, hanging-by-my-slippery-fingers day 3 bulimia-free .....

Determined not to fall this time.

Hope all our Aprils are doing well 🤞🤞🤞
Old 04-17-2021, 10:38 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Whew. I thought I'd be bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning but I guess the combination of the rainy weather and my new sobriety kept me in bed until noon. Also, my job is very taxing. The weekends are incredibly busy. we aren't out of the pandemic yet but everyone is acting like we are.

I was supposed to have coffee with a friend of mine, she's 66, and is now fully vaccinated. We were going to resume our old morning coffee date. We both slept through! Anyway I am really glad that the morning coffee date can come into my life again. And walking my dog without feeling nauseous or guilty that I'm hung over when he needs attention and exercise
Old 04-17-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Well done resisting the booze in the store, ladytron.

Hi Countrystix. 👏🏻💕

Plenny, you must have needed the sleep. Coffee dates are nice. I’m looking forward to that with a friend too. We’ve sat outside back in the fall, and soon the weather will be nice again.

My daughter is still here, but I think going home this afternoon. I haven’t seen her yet today. I just heard her get up and into the shower. It’s 2pm here, lol. If she stays, I need to figure out another dinner. I feel like she eats poorly on her own so try to feed her when she’s here.

Not craving wine so far today. 🤞🏻
Old 04-17-2021, 11:30 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Congrats Tufty on Day 6. Wisconsin is pretty much top middle of the US with its North border being Lake Superior, East border is Lake Michigan, South border is Illinois, and West border Minnesota and a bit of Iowa. It’s a very pretty state known for its dairy products, particularly cheese. It is also heavily wooded in areas with lots of lakes. And of course home of the Green Bay Packers American football team. I live on the North Western part of the state close to Minneapolis and St. Paul. I hope that helps. I don’t know much about Melbourne myself but would love to learn more.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:32 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

The massage sounds like a nice reward, Willow!
Old 04-17-2021, 12:00 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,I’m just starting back after a couple crazy months of daily drinking. I have been reading thru the posts, does anyone have any inspirational ones?
Old 04-17-2021, 12:23 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott2295 View Post
Congrats Tufty on Day 6. Wisconsin is pretty much top middle of the US with its North border being Lake Superior, East border is Lake Michigan, South border is Illinois, and West border Minnesota and a bit of Iowa. It’s a very pretty state known for its dairy products, particularly cheese. It is also heavily wooded in areas with lots of lakes. And of course home of the Green Bay Packers American football team. I live on the North Western part of the state close to Minneapolis and St. Paul. I hope that helps. I don’t know much about Melbourne myself but would love to learn more.
Thank you Scott, we have a TV program here in the UK called Aerial America and they show a different state each time and also talk about the history of the state. Absolutely beautiful, I love this show.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:37 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Good evening all.Had a busy day at work it felt good to be clear headed today, got loads done. Plenny, haven’t seen my sister since before Christmas, we were so excited on the phone earlier arranging a coffee date, it felt so normal! Welcome sober53, wish I could say something inspirational but just hang in there, it can only get better! Feeling okay but a bit meh tonight think I’m just tired but also if I’m honest missing the glass in my hand on a Saturday evening a bit. I won’t miss the hangover tomorrow though. Hope everyone else is doing well today/night.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:39 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Congratulations on everyone's growing sobriety

Devizes, I'm so chuffed for you. We've got this!
Old 04-17-2021, 02:58 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
^ I've never had a massage, Willow, but have sometimes thought about having one.
It should not hurt at the time, though?
As Dee said, when your muscles are tense they become quite hard, and the pressure of releasing the knots in the muscles can hurt. I was holding so much tension that it was quite painful (but in a good way, because I could feel the tension being released). Afterwards I felt soooo much more relaxed and much more free in my movements..

I always go for deep tissue or remedial massage, which really gets deep into the problem areas. There are other sorts of massage that don’t hurt, like a light relaxation massage which is more gentle. It depends on what you prefer or what your aim is. Mine is usually for pain relief (headache, back pain etc) so it’s deeper.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:00 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Great to see so many posts this morning
It’s Sunday morning here and coffee time!
Old 04-17-2021, 07:58 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,I’m finishing up day one, I never want to go through this again! I hope I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Im dealing with some withdrawals symptoms,
Old 04-17-2021, 09:30 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Sober53

D
Old 04-17-2021, 10:41 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

It's day 18.

I'm really struggling with binge eating. I eat fine during the day then I wake up at night and it's like I'm on cookie autopilot. It needs to stop.

I'm starting a whole health kick tomorrow. Running three times a week, strength training three times a week, yoga every day, eating healthily, quitting vaping and drinking pepsi, meditating for half an hour each day. So I need to end these night time binges. I suppose I need to replace the food with something else. Maybe a cup on chamomile tea or a glass of water.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:58 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Thanks for that, Willow.
Light. Relaxation. Gentle. Sounds good to me
Old 04-17-2021, 11:28 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Welcome Sober53

Day18 is great Freedomfries. I’m trying to lead a healthy lifestyle too, but the food is a challenge.
I’m doing a little exercise too but probably not enough...

I didn’t sleep at all well last night and I’m so tired today. Fuzzy head. I’m off for a nap zzzzz
Old 04-18-2021, 04:22 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Just bought five bottles of pepsi max. Saying farewell to my pepsi addiction. Tomorrow is day 1 diet soda free.