Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-16-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

A month Willow, congrats and well done! And good evening everyone. Well it’s Friday..dun dun DUN! Went to the shops during my lunch so I don’t have to go after work. The plan is, a huge chicken salad for dinner, a walk to the park (no money or phone so I can’t buy anything) a long soak in the bath when I get back with candles and nice music. And coming on here if the nagging to drink starts up of course. Wishing you all a happy and sober start to the weekend, stay safe x
Old 04-16-2021, 09:28 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the month, Willow!

It is early Friday evening in the UK and my AV is starting to nip and telling me that I didn't really want to quit drinking, that I just wanted to moderate. I think I will take a leaf out of your book Freedomfries and get out for a walk. The evenings are lighter so I will jump in my car and go to the countryside. Good going with the smoking.

Thanks for being here and posting everyone. Just reading your posts gives me ideas on what to do when I am feeling a little lost.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:22 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Time for bed soon after a nice relaxing day. Looking forward to waking up on day 17 tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:47 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Is it really tho Phoebe? An hour or two at the most and I needed more wine, or put up with the pain.

Advil is Ibuprofen - in Australia at least.

D
Well, it works just fine for the AV to need more wine every two hours, or, a perhaps a constant sipping all night long. But, only to feel much worse the next day, of course. Plus all the long term consequences aren’t worth it. Then, there’s letting my kids down. I didn’t drink, and the Advil(ibuprofen) worked just fine. 👍🏻😉

Thanks Dee. 💕
Old 04-16-2021, 11:08 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladytron View Post
A month Willow, congrats and well done! And good evening everyone. Well it’s Friday..dun dun DUN! Went to the shops during my lunch so I don’t have to go after work. The plan is, a huge chicken salad for dinner, a walk to the park (no money or phone so I can’t buy anything) a long soak in the bath when I get back with candles and nice music. And coming on here if the nagging to drink starts up of course. Wishing you all a happy and sober start to the weekend, stay safe x
Sounds magnificent!!! hug: s ❤️
Old 04-16-2021, 11:11 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
Congratulations on the month, Willow!

It is early Friday evening in the UK and my AV is starting to nip and telling me that I didn't really want to quit drinking, that I just wanted to moderate. I think I will take a leaf out of your book Freedomfries and get out for a walk. The evenings are lighter so I will jump in my car and go to the countryside. Good going with the smoking.

Thanks for being here and posting everyone. Just reading your posts gives me ideas on what to do when I am feeling a little lost.
I can't imagine any of us joining a recovery site if we just needed to moderate.
We know we can't....weII I know I couIdn't. Not ever.

Have a good evening Iove. s ❤️
Old 04-16-2021, 11:19 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a month, Willow!

FF, sounds like your doing well. I have a hard time meditating. I just can’t stop thinking about stuff.

Thanks Lucinda, and I hope you have a lovely walk and evening.

We’re having snow today!! It’s winding down and switching to rain, so should not last. It was rough driving earlier, though. Had to follow daughter to drop her car for a repair.

Heading into a Friday afternoon and not going to drink. Don’t have anything I prefer in house anyway.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Wow snow.....my pIants wouId aII die.

Hoping you have a IoveIy afternoon and evening dear phoebe. s ❤️
Old 04-16-2021, 12:24 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I can't imagine any of us joining a recovery site if we just needed to moderate.
That made me giggle, very true. Thank you Dearheart.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

My plan for the evening sounded good, right? Here’s how it went. Massive chicken salad: check. Walk in the park with no money or phone? Not quite. Getting ready for my walk it suddenly seemed like a good idea to take the car and drive to a different park, and that park was near that supermarket I was in the other day where I saw those slippers I wanted so I’ll take my purse. Just like that. I went to the park, walked a bit and before I knew it I was in the supermarket, a few items in my basket with the slippers and I’m standing in the booze aisle looking at bottles of gin! I looked at the gin, the brandy and some wine. But thankfully I came to my senses and left with none of it. Driving home I realised the whole episode was orchestrated by my AV and I wasn’t vigilant enough to realise at the time (or maybe didn’t want to). I need to stick to my plans in future, can’t take chances like this again. I wanted to share before I say goodnight class. Valuable lesson learned for me today!
Old 04-16-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

I think you did reaIIy weII.
SIippers are going to get me to go in every time....kidding...but not reaIIy....I have a coIIection.
(SIipper boots).

It was a good pIan untiI you added the car and your purse....but you know for nex time.
SIeep weII and sweet dreams Iove. s ❤️
Old 04-16-2021, 02:17 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think you did reaIIy weII.
SIippers are going to get me to go in every time....kidding...but not reaIIy....I have a coIIection.
(SIipper boots).

It was a good pIan untiI you added the car and your purse....but you know for nex time.
SIeep weII and sweet dreams Iove. s ❤️
. I am so relieved, I think the fact that my tummy was so full helped. I just decided I really didn’t fancy any of it, I WILL know for next time, thank you so much and goodnight xx
Old 04-16-2021, 03:01 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a month Willow, you are an inspiration. I will try to do day one again tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:10 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one months Willow, excellent work.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:24 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made a good choice ladytron

D
Old 04-16-2021, 05:18 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

That’s really great that you didn’t buy grog Ladytron! Well done!

Countrystix, it’s good to see you. Well done on coming back. I’ve had so many day 1s myself. We just have to keep on trying, and one day it will stick!

I rewarded my 1 month sober with a remedial massage, and it was the best thing ever! Wow! It hurt (digging into my rock hard tense muscles) but I feel soooo good today
Old 04-16-2021, 05:49 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

^ I've never had a massage, Willow, but have sometimes thought about having one.
It should not hurt at the time, though?
Old 04-16-2021, 06:16 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Administrator

If your muscles are all tensed like mine are it can hurt - but a good masseuse will never leave you with more pain than you had when you went in

D
Old 04-16-2021, 11:13 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Ooh a massage sounds like a wonderful reward willow! Might get one when I reach my month! Good morning everyone, woke up feeling very happy that I didn’t buy booze last night. I’ve just joined the weekender thread as well for added security for The dreaded Saturday evening. I’m working today, have all my groceries etc so no need to go to any shops today! I’m working till 430 so I’m safe till then at least. Have a good one April class xx
Old 04-16-2021, 11:24 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone.

Last night was a disaster diet-wise. I was good all day then went downstairs to snack a few times during the night. Oh well, fresh start today. Had a light breakfast and heading for a walk shortly.

It's day 17. Couldn't drink if I wanted to with my mother supervising the Antabuse so I'm at least secure in my sobriety if I'm not losing weight.