Notices

One Year & Over Part 80

Old 03-22-2021, 05:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Good morning all!

I lost track of the Over's thread in my user CP with the last switch. Glad all are doing well.

Up early for work and coffee and leftover quiche.

Have a good day all!
I was saying the other day that I Iost the thread (different thread) and someone repIied: that happens to aII of us at some stage Venus.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

FBL, I don’t doubt that I wouldn’t be here if I hadn’t stayed sober. Congrats on losing 35 lbs! I need to follow your excellent example.

SE, SisK probably won’t remember this past year but it will still have influenced her. That doesn’t at all need to mean a bad influence. Having so much time at home with loving parents will likely help her feel more secure.

Our campus water main broke yesterday so we were without water until sometime early this am. We don’t realize just how much we depend on clean water until we don’t have it. Although it’s freezing here this morning (precisely 32 F), it looks beautiful out and I plan to get in a walk again today. I have had a very slothful winter.

Have a lovely Monday, Overs
Old 03-22-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 years FBL. It is amazing how a small action (or inaction) over time can make such a huge difference. I'm thankful for every person who chooses to live as constructively as they can.

We got together as a family last night which was lovely. Over the last year: the 14 year old has grown taller than his Dad, the grandmother has to be yelled at as she is losing her hearing, one inlaw is looking into buying a boat to live on, one dog died and another is getting old. Things do change with the passage of time.

Lovely snow today, which is fun. I had a good time watching it come down last night.

I'm headed for more grappling with my dragons AKA taxes, finances and piles.

So I'm off for 10 min of yoga, get back into turbo tax and order supper for my dad.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee!

Having my own back problems allow me to commiserate and hope you get relief soon.

SE,

I can imagine how challenging things can be in a pandemic with younglings. The ideas for your party sound wonderful!

It appears her choice of imaginary friends is ecumenical in gender acceptance! She is ahead of many adults who are not tolerant of others.

Mags,

You folks do things on roofing quite different than here. I remember on our frequent weekends in the Netherlands that they actually have straw roofs, in addition to more modern materials. Our sky last night was white snow all night. IT is just now slowing down and supposed to stop by noon, and it is almost noon. Then we go out and clear the sidewalks, drive, and back patio.

How did the fence go?

Andy, good evening your time, almost noon here.

FBL,

They named a church after you! I went through the website and even listened to the local radio station and found out they are giving away fish fries at the VFW this Saturday if that is when you are going. https://streema.com/radios/Soft_Rock_101.1_KHME My kind of station. Nice town! Reminds me of mine where I spent age 7-18 Z\Stamford Connecticut we also have the “Fish Church: https://www.bing.com/search?pc=U523&...ut&form=U523DF

The Fish church was one of the places that hosted dances for us teens in the 60s and was just a few blocks away from our Apartment high rises on Strawberry Hill. There were none of the high rises there downtown before I left in 1971. We were a sleepy New England sleepover city for NYC. I was pleasantly surprised that the Avon Theater was still there as it was before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamfo...e_Aug_2017.jpg

If you look at the Airport listings, other than a small craft airport, the two New York Airports are about 35 miles from there. The Connecticut airports are further away because we all used commuter trains to get to Grand central station or other towns along the way. We could take the trains in and the subways to go anywhere in the city. I drove in once I had my license but it was an 18 y/o drinking age then. I got my license in 1968 and a few days later got my drinking fake ID showing I was 20. I have not been back since 1975 for a visit.

Our towns look much alike from the 60s.

Hi Purps!

Sassy,

I know you got a top-notch machine. If you haven’t already done so do go to your profile and add a photo gallery of your work like PJ has. Let everyone who knows you see your beautiful work.

Bekind,

The snow here finally stopped at noon as predicted, but it got warmer and the sidewalks and driveway have a Southern exposure and melted! I did not have to shovel but the back patio We got a full six inches and it’s pretty much gone already.

I don’t discuss religion or politics here so will answer in an IM. I did not pass it along to my kids thus this I use to answer humorously:

SE,

Why thank you SE! Your kids sound adorable! SisK is precocious and precious. But they have an excellent teacher. How old are each now? I don’t remember when I could not use the potty either.

Star!

Good to hear from you. Holy moly that was 12:56 am my time Be safe bud! Thanks for hanging in there for your customers.

FBL,

Congrats! On the sober time and the 35 pounds!

Sassy,

Slothful? dang don’t go all seven deadly sins on us! I do know how losing the water supply feels. Glad to hear it went out and back in the same post.

Beautiful here too.

Bekind,

We both love snow. But dang! it disappears the next day here. However, it’s much needed moisture.

OK gotta go. Mass shooting in Colorado. Again.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Itch- I;m sorry for whats happened in CO,

D
Old 03-22-2021, 06:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee
Old 03-22-2021, 09:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Dee

Itchy, just heard about the terrible shooting on the news. They’ve got the shooter it seems. So pointless and sad to take lives like that.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:11 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Hi, Dee.
This is a fun website for anyone interested in or confused by, time zones Time and date

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:38 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good to see you back Dee, I hope you're fully recovered?

FBL congrats on 11 + 9 we are grateful to have you here.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

no where near fully recovered Toots but I'm doing pretty well from where I was this time last week

D
Old 03-23-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Glad you're back, Dee. Hope you continue to feel better.

We won't be making our Winona trip until later in the spring. Everything looks better when it's in full bloom.

Here's a view of Winona from the top of the bluff. Lake Winona is in the foreground, with the Mississippi River in the back. The bluffs on the other side are in Wisconsin.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!

Old 03-23-2021, 05:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

good to see you back Dee
Old 03-23-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Bread starter fed and proofing.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Wheelie bin and recycling boxes put out safely with no trips and falls. Progress. As long as I keep aware I’m sure I’ll be fine.
Seem to be so clumsy nowadays. Bruises on my arms and legs from walking into door handles and well anything. I think since the lockdown and shielding for most of it I’ve got brain fog I’m sure. Some days worse than others.

Have a good Wednesday my friends, be safe. xxxx
Old 03-24-2021, 02:57 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks PJ and FBL

D
Old 03-24-2021, 01:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Bekind,
Sorry about the nonsense PM. No matter what I tried it came out nonsense. Do email me so I can reply and it is readable.

Dee,

Glad you are able again to be here. I agree with your latest sig block

Mags,

From the description of his behavior I think based on age and onset of his weird stuff was the same age schizophrenia manifests. I think he’s a paranoid Schizophrenic. And a terrible person.

Toots, (Tips Hat)

Hi Andy!

Yes Time zones become second nature when you live all over the world and need a watch that has two times that are settable.

Mags,

We all have brain fog, non-clinical depression, and none of us were shaving as before, at least not me. My lounge clothes have become my daily dress. And all that was before the Pandemic.
I just read that we all gained 2 pounds per month who were hunkered down. I sure did.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Popping in to say hi and catch up with everyone’s adventures. Good to see everyone is staying as sane as possible during the pandemic.

Dee - Glad you’re getting better.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Hi Gleefan
Bread in the oven, the sun is shining and coffee at my elbow.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:23 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

hi all
Old 03-25-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey GIee!!!! So IoveIy to see you. ❤️

I don't think I stayed sane though, just saying.