Notices

One Year & Over Part 80

Old 03-17-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm feeling the effects of the second vaccine. My brother said he had some insomnia from his second vaccine and I am having the same. It isn't bad but I got up early and have a bit of a headache. I would still rather have effects from the vaccine than Covid. It might be a lay low type of day for me.

Gray and cloudy out there but just a skiff of snow.

Well off to take my meds, load the laundry and tidy up a bit . . . . . this may well be the peak of my production today.

Happy Saint Patricks day or Saint Gertrudes day . . . . . .I just read about Saint Gertrude the patron saint of cats and mental illness; she sounds like my kind of gal.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I Iike the sound of Gertrude as weII.

Hope you feeI better Iove.....honestIy, I am getting scared to have mine now.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Overs! Happy hump day and St Patrick’s day!

Bekind,

We got only a few lazy snowflakes instead of real snowfall last night and today but down south and east they have some real blizzards going on. And yes I do share that love of storms here especially. At my house we got a few snowflakes floating but no snowfall at all. 2:39 and sunny day! Gotta love it!

Lots of folks claim fatigue after the second shot. My Significant Harassment of 49 years gets her second shot this Friday. I’ll let you know if she has any fatigue.

Toots,

Make snowmen!

Mags,

Your walk two days ago sounds lovely. Nice pics of the Peckerwood.

Sassy,

I can see quilting has evolved quite a bit since 100 years ago when granny started quilting as an 18 y/o. I love the sea turtle pic in it. Is it the World Turtle? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle

SE,

Sorry BB had a rough night meaning you did too. We like reading yours too.

Andy!

I wish I could get my wife on that bread baking. Did you make your own sourdough starter or must it come from another?

FBL,

Happy St. Paddy day!

Suze,

My second shot was the less sore than the first, a slight soreness I had to press at the site of the injection to feel it was sore. Did not notice it otherwise.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

TY Itchy Iove s ❤️
Old 03-18-2021, 12:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Bread in the oven. To start your own sourdough starter ; take some wholemeal flour add some water and keep it covered and warm. I use 80 grams of flour and 80 grams of water. With a bowl on your scales add your flour and then water, minimises washing up.
Once your starter starts to have bubbles you can put it in the fridge. Mine lives most of each week in the fridge.
On wednesday morning get the starter out of the fridge and feed it, 80 grams of flour and 80 grams of water, cover it and keep it warm. Late in the afternoon I put half of the starter in a large mixing bowl, add 400 grams of wholemeal flour and 270 grams of water stir and add dribbles of water until it looks right, cover and keep it warm. The remainder of the starter goes in a clean bowl is covered and goes back in the fridge.
Before I go to bed I take the bread dough out of it's warm place add some seeds if I have them and stir. Then I transfer the dough to a casserole lined with a paper liner and keep it covered and warm over night.
Thursday morning turn the oven on at 180C (350F) when it is up to temperature I put the bread in the oven with the casserole lid on for 25 mins then remove the lid and cook for a further 25 mins.
Then I wait for Sassy to arrive but the kids eat the bread before she arrives or I get the teleporter working.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Andy, you’re a seasoned bread maker! (I’m embarrassed to say I thought you used a bread maker! )

Bekind, I hope you’re feeling a bit better today.

Have a good Thursday my friends, take care. xxxx
Old 03-18-2021, 05:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh gosh - time is whizzing by faster and faster - I simply miss days altogether. It seems odd that March is more than half over already!

Have a happy Thursday to all
Old 03-18-2021, 09:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I slept GREAT and feel so much better. I will say feeling crumby for a day makes me appreciate feeling okay.

My work/activities in life may not save the world but if I don't feel well, Dad doesn't get his rash treated, the laundry is undone, and no progress is made on Dad's taxes. I do have my place albeit humble and small and for this I am grateful.

So I'm off to open turbo tax, email the accountant and thread the sewing machine with white thread.

May you all join me in fighting your dragons no matter how fierce and fiery they appear!
Old 03-18-2021, 05:03 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Suze, I had a few more aftereffects from 2nd vaccine shot but it wasn’t bad and it didn’t make me wish i hadn’t had it. Had sore arm and temp of 99.1 for about 1-2 days and minor fatigue. Well worth it!

Andy, hah! You just thought the kids were eating your bread :-)))
Old 03-18-2021, 05:11 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thank you Sass ❤️
Old 03-18-2021, 11:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, hopefully the dragons are all friendly like in ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ song 🎶

Sassy, I’d take that too. Some side effects vs. no jab.

Suze, pleased you’re getting your jab love.

Have a good FriYaY my friends. Stay safe. xxxx
Old 03-19-2021, 12:09 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Checking in
Old 03-19-2021, 03:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Itchy, no, I don’t think that’s the World Turtle. I’ve seen a number of designs by the same artist and haven’t seen any evidence that there is a deeper meaning (eg a tall, multistory gingerbread house, a shoe - lady’s fancy heel, old-style sewing machine, mermaid, VW bus, etc). Whimsical is the term I would use and occasionally retro.

I am finding quilting and collage+quilting challenging. They require a level of precision that I never needed when sewing clothes. It’s harder to rip out and redo something in a quilt than a garment, imho.

Happy POETS Day!
Old 03-19-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

From what you showed us Sass, it Iooks Ike you are very taIented at quiIting. ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 09:17 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning this fine Friday and one of the last days of winter in the Northern Hemisphere.

Yesterday I had the extra energy coming off of feeling badly from the jab; today I'm dragging a bit probably a good reason to change it up a bit.

So I'm off to treat my Dad's rash, open Turbo tax and throw out 3 things for piles . . . . irk, if there is no motivation, one must proceed without.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:56 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Afternoon Overs!

Andy - thx for the recipe! I’m passing it along to hubs to try.

Sas - wow your quilt is amazing! Quite the project.

We made St Pattys Day into a yummy holiday here - I made corned beef in the instant pot and hubby made Irish soda bread and SisK “helped.” Apparently her idea of adding flour is tossing it up in the air, which I agree is probably a fun way to bake.

Rolling right along.

BB grew out of his newborn clothes seemingly overnight and has erupted into baby acne all over - it’s like he is my awkward teenager baby. Ha ha.

I also got signed up for my first shot in a few months! I missed the cut off by 1 day here to qualify due to pregnancy, but I still qualify bc (I’m sad to say) I’m obese. I’m taking it bc I’m nursing and I want the antibodies for BB as he is higher risk until he is a year old and won’t qualify for any vaccines during that time.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wow Andy!

Thanks. I have it emailed to my SH! Sassy all of us on this side of the pond need to try this. I’ll translate the grams for her. I had to be able to figure grams to ounces etc. back in the 60s in NYC. 28 grams to the ounce works for me.

Mags,

Andy sure is a seasoned baker!

Sassy,

Agreed I feel a day takes less time daily too.

Bekind,

I’m glad you feel better, We have been caretakers too, long before you were here. It can seem like prison, folks who are not caregivers haven’t a clue. Hats off to ya! Have you read my Chesterson quote at the very bottom of my posts about slaying dragons??

YW Suze.

Sassy,

I had zero side effects from my second shot too. By that I mean discounting the slightly sore arm no different than the flu shot. Get that bread. But we’ll have some here too.

Mags my SH is out and about shopping after her second shot noon today. Since we have variants here in Colorado already too we are staying masked for the duration.

Purps Hi!

Sassy,

It still is a beautiful turtle. I just looked and am finding finished quilts in King size for from $69.00 to $250 for gorgeous ones. I am glad you found a challenging rewarding crafyt to learn like that. And you have the expensive part, a custom sewing machine that can do it!

SE,

Wait until you turn around and are planning a wedding! Your holiday sounds scrumptious for sure.

I am an inveterate reader and researcher and just rediscovered popular Mechanics and Scientific American magazine. I haven’t read them in years and suddenly they are in my inbox free! Here is a link to an article from March 10 2021 titled:

So What Can People Actually Do after Being Vaccinated?

Click here to read it: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...A4MTE5MTI3MQS2

Have a great Friday and weekend my friends and Overs!
Old 03-19-2021, 11:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Itchy, good informative link, thank you. Apparently over here some people are thinking they’re ok after one vaccine (majority being over 80) A friend of the family who is in the ‘vulnerable’ category contracted Covid, fortunately she had had the vaccine a few weeks earlier. She hasn’t needed hospitalisation but has been poorly at home with flu like symptoms. Not nearly as bad if she hadn’t had the vaccine.

Our shed roof felt has deteriorated so we’re getting a delivery today of some new roof felt. Mr. Mags is going to do it himself. , hope his back doesn’t give up.

Have a good Saturday my friends, be safe.xxxx
Old 03-20-2021, 12:27 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.