Notices

One Year & Over Part 80

Old 05-06-2021, 06:47 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I had eye surgery at 3. And my doctor was so wonderfuI (aIways) that I Ioved him Iike a second dad.
His name was Dr Foster and he was 6 foot 7. Which was just the most amazing thing for a three year oId to see.

I used to sit in the chair and recite the poem. Every time.

Dr Foster went to GIoscester.......

I am sorry that K had a not-so-great experience with the optemtrist Serene: I wouId be changing to someone eIse. s ❤️

WeIcome from me too dear ee1979!!! s xx ❤️
Old 05-06-2021, 10:55 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi all -

Congrats Andy! Woot woot and yum yum!

Welcome EE! Happy to have you aboard.

V - thx hun. In my sleep dep I forgot that I could change drs. Durr. Thx for always catching what I miss. It does take a village

also I don’t think I was clear in my writing (but you probably got it anyway). during the exam I held SisK on my lap and I could easily see the symbols, while SisK wasn’t, and it was a bit shocking how little distance she can see. Happy we can get her seeing better

Hubby is also a saint and let me sleep last night while BB was chittering all night long in discomfort.

On the sober front - (trigger warning)

house guests were German in-laws who like their beer, but have been living in Saudi for 4 years, so we’re thrilled to be able to go to the store and get beverages in a celebratory way. I got one pang hearing them talk about it that if I hadn’t been practicing and checking in here may have been a bad choice from simple lack of focus on anything at the moment and not realizing what I was doing. Thankfully no one asks a nursing mom to participate but it’s a good reminder to double down. (Normally I’m triggered by beverages in my environment - but it’s not usually this prominent). I have a little sobriety focusing mantra I’m saying to myself when I look in the mirror as I brush my teeth to keep me grounded now

Anyway, not a big deal, but thought that I would share bc this is a place for sharing how we get and stay sober

Old 05-06-2021, 11:13 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

GIad you shared, and it kind of is a big deal. s

Living life is going to mean that sometimes we are exposed to situations that take us out of our comfort zone.
It would be way better if they kept their drinking outside of the house though. s xx

Old 05-06-2021, 05:13 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Andy - and welcome ee

D
Old 05-06-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

SE what you wrote there is kind of why I check in lots . . . . hmmm . . . . although also just cause I like you all.

ee1979, I am so so thrilled to have you join the Overs. Congrats. Wonderful to have a new person here. I hope you feel at home soon. It can take a bit to get to know everyone.

I'm in the Western US. I have been sober 2 years and 9 months (well 9 months in a couple of days). I'm in the midst of clearing out my Dad's independent living apartment and headed for a new chapter in life.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

SE, so pleased SisK’s glasses are helping her. ...It’s good you have your ‘sober tools’ near to hand for unexpected av visits.

Though alcohol doesn’t come up much in the Overs, it’s always open for discussion anytime. Many of the Overs are in a solid place in their recovery but sometimes an unexpected happening can rock anyone and it’s good to know we can share with each other. And SR and my friends here, for me is my best sober tool.

Sassy, yes it would be easier if you could have your infusions at home, it is more convenient. It’s likely it’s much more complicated than my injections though. Hope Sassykitty is doing well.

Suze your Dr. Foster sounded marvellous.

It’s FriYaY, have a good day my friends. Be safe xxxx
Old 05-06-2021, 11:20 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Hi ee1979 , welcome to the Overs.
Sunny here today.

have a great day everyone.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:27 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats on 400 days ee79 and welcome to the club! I live in Scotland and Spain and have been sober for 8years and nearly 2 months

SE I get the occasional triage when hubby has a glass of wine of something, but it's more a case these days of 'i wish I were someone who could have a drink' rather than 'I wish I could have a drink' i firmly believe nowadays I am not a person who can drink just one, so for me I can't drink period. But like you, if I wasn't here daily reinforcing that awareness I would risk slipping into complacency.

Mags, Molly is wonderful. Doesn't walk as much or as far these days. She'll be 11 in September! She won't be staying with mum any more as mum is getting too old to care for her, so she will stay with my friend across the river for 3 months while we're in Spain this time. Our son and daughter might 'borrow' her the odd few days. My friend is working from home and as she lives on her own she feels quite isolated some days so is looking forward to a long term house guest!
Old 05-07-2021, 12:17 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations Andy - and welcome ee

D
Thanks Dee - proud to be here - but also conscious of that.. if you know what I mean!
Old 05-07-2021, 12:51 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots that’s so lovely that Molly can go on her holiday to your friend across the river. Be good company for her. Gosh Molly is 11...where do the years go.

ee you’re with friends here.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:15 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, ee!

Not much new to report in my world. The book project is moving along smoothly. Looks like another couple months at least.

Been getting a lot of fresh air and outdoor exercise. I've now shed 53 pounds since January!

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 05-07-2021, 03:01 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

congrats Andy
welcome ee
Old 05-07-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Welcome to the Overs ee!

Congrats on eight plus years Andy!

Have a good day all!
Old 05-07-2021, 05:37 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs! It’s cool and gorgeous here today. The trees outside my windows are coming back to life.

As far as alcohol, I am feeling solidly sober but also realize how easy it is to go back down that road so I find that besides the great friendship here, I also come nearly every day to have a regular reminder that I don’t ever want to start again. When I do have a brief thought of having a drink, I immediately weigh that against the consequences. As I am getting older, there has, for a short while, been a tiny voice saying “but it doesn’t really matter anymore now because of my age”. And then I realize that the years I have left would be a blur, I would lose my hard-won self respect, I wouldn’t be able to do the stuff I do now (sewing+) and wouldn’t enjoy friendships. No contest.

Mags, yes, home infusions would be nice but even here in our health center they don’t do infusions. Too complex.

Toots, sounds like you have a lovely arrangement for Molly!

Have a great day to all

Old 05-07-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-81-a.html (One Year & Over Part 81)

D