View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 05:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Dee!

Having my own back problems allow me to commiserate and hope you get relief soon.

SE,

I can imagine how challenging things can be in a pandemic with younglings. The ideas for your party sound wonderful!

It appears her choice of imaginary friends is ecumenical in gender acceptance! She is ahead of many adults who are not tolerant of others.

Mags,

You folks do things on roofing quite different than here. I remember on our frequent weekends in the Netherlands that they actually have straw roofs, in addition to more modern materials. Our sky last night was white snow all night. IT is just now slowing down and supposed to stop by noon, and it is almost noon. Then we go out and clear the sidewalks, drive, and back patio.

How did the fence go?

Andy, good evening your time, almost noon here.

FBL,

They named a church after you! I went through the website and even listened to the local radio station and found out they are giving away fish fries at the VFW this Saturday if that is when you are going. https://streema.com/radios/Soft_Rock_101.1_KHME My kind of station. Nice town! Reminds me of mine where I spent age 7-18 Z\Stamford Connecticut we also have the “Fish Church: https://www.bing.com/search?pc=U523&...ut&form=U523DF

The Fish church was one of the places that hosted dances for us teens in the 60s and was just a few blocks away from our Apartment high rises on Strawberry Hill. There were none of the high rises there downtown before I left in 1971. We were a sleepy New England sleepover city for NYC. I was pleasantly surprised that the Avon Theater was still there as it was before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamfo...e_Aug_2017.jpg

If you look at the Airport listings, other than a small craft airport, the two New York Airports are about 35 miles from there. The Connecticut airports are further away because we all used commuter trains to get to Grand central station or other towns along the way. We could take the trains in and the subways to go anywhere in the city. I drove in once I had my license but it was an 18 y/o drinking age then. I got my license in 1968 and a few days later got my drinking fake ID showing I was 20. I have not been back since 1975 for a visit.

Our towns look much alike from the 60s.

Hi Purps!

Sassy,

I know you got a top-notch machine. If you haven’t already done so do go to your profile and add a photo gallery of your work like PJ has. Let everyone who knows you see your beautiful work.

Bekind,

The snow here finally stopped at noon as predicted, but it got warmer and the sidewalks and driveway have a Southern exposure and melted! I did not have to shovel but the back patio We got a full six inches and it’s pretty much gone already.

I don’t discuss religion or politics here so will answer in an IM. I did not pass it along to my kids thus this I use to answer humorously:

SE,

Why thank you SE! Your kids sound adorable! SisK is precocious and precious. But they have an excellent teacher. How old are each now? I don’t remember when I could not use the potty either.

Star!

Good to hear from you. Holy moly that was 12:56 am my time Be safe bud! Thanks for hanging in there for your customers.

FBL,

Congrats! On the sober time and the 35 pounds!

Sassy,

Slothful? dang don’t go all seven deadly sins on us! I do know how losing the water supply feels. Glad to hear it went out and back in the same post.

Beautiful here too.

Bekind,

We both love snow. But dang! it disappears the next day here. However, it’s much needed moisture.

OK gotta go. Mass shooting in Colorado. Again.