Notices

One Year & Over Part 80

Old 03-15-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Before binding (trim that goes around the edges)
Old 03-15-2021, 05:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oh WoW Sassy, that’s wonderful. I love it. You clever girl xx
Old 03-15-2021, 05:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Ooh, I just saw Sassy Kitty ❤️
Old 03-15-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, Sassykitty managed to sneak in
Old 03-15-2021, 05:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

She is so so beautifuI dear Sass, as is your work!!! s ❤️❤️
Old 03-15-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

And to our dear toots, a beIated Congrats on 8 years.....and oodIes of Iove to go with it. s ❤️❤️

Old 03-15-2021, 10:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning all from the snow drift of Colorado. I really enjoyed the storm although I'm cosily ensconced with my Dad so no inconvenience for me. Itchy, did you catch the news Saturday where is was reported that many people were complaining that the storm wasn't coming? It was a bit funny to hear the weather reporters getting defensive and saying it was late which it was. From what I can tell most folks in Colorado love storms. I feel a bit of unity with everyone in my state.

I took a long nap yesterday so didn't get much done. We also had our resident retired priest say mass for the first Sunday in a year. It was fun to see the old people so happy to be together at mass. My Dad woke me up early to tell me he wanted to go.

Well, I'm off to call my sister, find an email from my financial advisor and check my calendar.

Toots, huge Huge HUGE congrats on 8 years. I'm so grateful to you and everyone like you who rises above addiction.

Old 03-15-2021, 01:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats wonderful sass

D
Old 03-15-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That's so pretty Sass.....Hi Sassy Kitty
Old 03-15-2021, 10:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Overs!
Toots! Congrats on eight years! That's getting into some serious sober time!

Sassy that is amazing. Your sea turtle of many colors is stunning in any medium. My SHs mom and grandmother who we had live with us for her last five years, gifted us with lots of quilts, Our kids have some and we kept three. But none ever made anything other than the wedding rings quilt and the other classic designs. Dang! Sassy kitty is beautiful, what colors in her coat.

Hi PJ!

Bekind,
Yeah it's not a blizzard if we stay snug as a bug in a rug at home watching it blow outside. I spent a couple of hours shoveling and blowing and it was sunny so despite the snow piles in the grass, the sidewalks, driveway, and back patio are all cleared and the sun dried it all out that was shoveled to let the sun get to the pavement. Bekind, you know we are getting another snowstorm tomorrow night, right? I guess that's the reason we moved back here. We love the summer rainstorms we used to have here every afternoon back in the late 70s. we haven't seen many of those these days, but we sure can use the water from snow. I feel like a kid in Connecticut again, and an adult skiing all the slopes in Europe. We used to be able to skate for miles on the Mianus river in Stamford and we had a perfect small lake to play hockey on - we could build a big bonfire that never melted through the ice. Most of my outdoor sports were in snow or diving, not fields. Did I mention I love snow storms?
My emergency response to a loss of heat would be for us to pile in the Tesla which has heated seats and it can run the heater for days. https://insideevs.com/news/342319/ei...g-temps-video/ those videos were with earlier models. Mine's an SUV with plenty of room to stretch out in our down and fake down comforters. We have built in Internet and Netflix came with the car. OK so our pipes would freeze and destroy the flooring, but we'd be fine with no CO poisoning in the garage or exhaust toxins because there's no fuel burning.

At least we get a day to recover the achy muscles before doing it again. We love the exercise even if we have to slather on spf 50 sun block.

Hi Andy, Suze, SE and anyone I missed! We love this place!

Mark Twain qoute of the day:
"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option"
Mark Twain
Old 03-16-2021, 12:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Looking good Sassy, what was Sassy kitty inspecting?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Love the quilt Sass, and so cute Sassykitty photobombed you! That is so beautiful a real work of art!

Many thanks for all the Soberversary wishes, especially loved yours Dee!

I enjoy the snow when I'm inside looking out, or even walking in it on a sunny day. It frustrates the heck out of me when it stops me playing golf!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 03-16-2021, 02:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Had a brilliant walk yesterday along the Trent Bank, it’s was breezy, sunny, quite cold but blew away cobwebs and I felt human afterwards. The small church near the river had a carpet of daffodils just waiting to show their faces to the sun.

It’s raining today so probably won’t go out unless it stops. Been watching the birds on the feeders. Managed to get a picture of the woodpecker too.

Have a good Tuesday my friends. Stay safe. xxxx

Old 03-16-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Neat pictures, Mags!

Itchy, these days quilting has evolved quite a bit. There are still the older style traditional quilts but many other types have been developed. I don’t have the appropriate set up to do traditional bed quilts. I’m focusing on “art” quilts which are often the size of a painting.

Sassykitty is a calico though she is rather dark on top. She likes to get in on the action! She really is just a curious kitty. When I put the quilt on the floor she assumed it was hers

Thanks to all for the lovely comments!

Have a terrific Tuesday, Overs
Old 03-16-2021, 08:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

BB had a rough night last night and I didn’t get much sleep (we are in the 4- 8 week peak fussiness stage, because his digestive tract still needs to mature, which isn’t bad vs what it could be).

Groggy, I treated myself to checking in here and I am so happy that I did! I feel so energized and inspired by all your updates. Thank you for the uplift!

I need to go wake up SisK and I know the day will be crazy so I won’t get a chance to do individual comments/congrats - and please know that you guys are amazing and doing great things. Thank you for sharing them!!!! It’s better than my hot coffee today.

Hugs and happy early St Patty’s day! Going for a walk today with SisK to look for rainbows....
Old 03-16-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi all, as Itchy mentioned we have another storm moving in. I don't think it is supposed to give us much snow. Itchy, I would think your snowblower got clogged as the snow was so wet and sticky. For you all in the UK, NOT having a storm is probably news?!

I got my second shot this morning and am now feeling sleepy. I'm not sure if this is the shot or not. I have a ton to do but will probably take a nap instead.

Onward into the void/chaos/surprise or whatever life brings us!

Old 03-16-2021, 11:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sassy I love that it’s an art quilt, so different and beautiful.

Bekind, pleased you had your second vaccine. No storms in the UK yet. Very dull morning, looks like rain as I put my wheelie bin out, without falling over myself.

Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends. xxxx take care.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Bread starter fed and in the proofing box.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:38 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Good job, Sass. That's beautiful (both the quilt and SassyKitty!).

Went past an Irish pub on my nature walk yesterday. They already had the huge tent set up in the parking lot. The sign said that they are opening the bar at 6am today. I just smiled and kept walking!

Have a Happy St. Patty's Hump-Day, overs!
Old 03-17-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

congrats toots