Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 7

Old 03-16-2021, 02:30 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
RAL

Hi everyone So great to login and see everyone online

Tanky I'm pretty sure our summers are colder than your winters When I say it;s warming up here and we had a warm day that's cos it got into double figures 10 degrees C Can go out without a coat on!!

Elly, enjoy the gardening

Great to see you in good form Liz

Hope you have a great day Zura.

Peaceful day here-had to make some changes to my proposed holiday in June. I am still living in hope we will be able to travel. Was booked with a flight change in another country but have now managed to change to a direct flight which seems more sensible in the current climate. And it was £600 cheaper which was a huge bonus! Sorry any of you that have known me years know I have a bit of a thing about holidays. It's not even the change of scene or wanting to do stuff- it is just the sun. I need the sun-it helps my depression and spirit-as it does with us all I'm sure. I have that SAD thing and have a light lamp through winter but usually go abroad in October, Janaury, Feb and Easter to counter it. I managed a week in Tenerife in November which was a hge bonus and lifesaver but have struggled with the winter blues. It's bad enough here in a normal winter as it's a tourist area and the whole place shuts down. Many people move here from England and love it in the summer. Few survive the first winter before going back to England. It's not snowy and artic like or anything there is just nothing to do-ghost like. Sorry am wittering on a bit now!!Anyway I digress, had a good day, got a few things sorted out too and work ok. Off to bed now. Take care allxx
Old 03-16-2021, 05:55 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

There was snow in the mountaintops here, so we have had a chilly week, though nothing below freezing at sea level. So we will be leaving the slightly cool season is all. I kind of prefer the cooler weather, so my favorite season in CA is our nice long spring! Sadly , autumn is now just fire season.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:55 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Ha! I killed the thread!🤣
Old 03-17-2021, 09:34 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Not a chance Iove ❤️
Old 03-17-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
lixie - I'm yet to go to the snow, we've had a few sprinkles here but never enough to not melt away as soon as it hits the ground.
​​​​​​
RAL - as much as I am dying to visit Scotland and find the landscape drool worthy, it must be a bit dismal too live there. Especially if you get SAD. Good on you for getting to the sun as much as possible. Winters here are dreary and it's overcast for months and I get SAD, well I even get gloomy on the random days leading into it all, but I can't imagine it being like that for longer!! I hope you get your holiday!!

Elly - I didn't realise you got your bushfires in autumn. Enjoy the lovely spring weather!!

Tanky - how's things with you?

Venus - enjoy your planties ☺️

Still lovely and quiet. Went to lunch yesterday with my son and his dad, and this morning I've ordered my son a very expensive digital drawing pad from the homeschooling fund. He should get alot of use out of this unlike many other things I've gotten that were a novelty for a few weeks then remain untouched 😂 not to worry I sell those and get some of the money back which goes back in his fund. I'm a bit excited for him, ahhh living vicariously through others 🤣
Old 03-17-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Elly, when you kill the thread you have to post multiple times . Post cute dogs/squirrels. Maybe call on Dee for guest appearance in that little sequin number. Usually does the trick .

I think I am scared to post and babble too much in my weird peaceful phase. Don’t want to jinx it. 😂

Old 03-17-2021, 12:53 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Morning dear Zura, 😘

The digital drawing pad sound very cool.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:59 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Morning Tanky 🥰
Old 03-17-2021, 01:37 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

BabbIing Tanky is IoveIy. Just saying.

Old 03-17-2021, 01:45 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I asked my friend (former sponsor) whether I will get to annoy the **** out of people soon? Payback?

She said thank f.. you can only come to one meeting with me
Old 03-18-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
RAL

Hi everyone

That sounds a great idea Zura-a homeschooling fund. I hope your son gets great pleasure from his new pad.

Please don't be scared to post Tanky-you don't babble btw. Expressing your thoughts, feelings, emotions and problems is helpful, necessary and healing.

Took the day off work today. Feeling a good spring clean is in order. So been doing that for the last few hours. Walked 7000 steps and now have a cleaner house. Mr RAL had his vaccine so all good. Not much going on just pottering about, reading several new books!

Take care all.xx

Old 03-18-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh that's good re Mr RaI and the house AND the steps!!!!! s ❤️

I started my front garden again, put the pIants back outside and added yeIIow pansies.
PIus I got 16 petunias which are sitting in here on the fIoor under Ights right now.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:09 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I miss my garden... Here I only have a few seedlings to care for. Oh, well.

Off to see the therapist again, to dig deeper.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hope it goes reaIIy weII again dear Iixie s ❤️
Old 03-18-2021, 05:21 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Nice one, lixie. Seems like you are going well with this therapist.

I am back to having a racing head tonight in a big way. It’s possible is just because of the work day, which ended with a crisis from 4.30-6.45pm. Otherwise I guess is just what I have to go with in early sobriety - periods of peace and then the racing brain/sleeplessness. Is kinda weird. 😂 , but okay. better than depression, anyway.

Part of me also wondering whether this is what it is going to be like for me to be on my usual medication without alcohol? A thought. time will tell.

but in the spirit of noticing differences , at no stage after today’s intense and somewhat distressing work day did I have more than a passing thought about drinking. Back then, I would have been going blackout drunk to reset after all that. So all good.

ODAT n all dat

Old 03-18-2021, 10:10 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Tonight is kinda hard for me. Had a tough session with the therapist, and both she and my partner opened up for me bying something to drink. I said no, but the thought still lingers within. The thought of a few hours free from this pain. Don't worry, I won't do anything, but the next two hours will be difficult. The alcohol sale stops then.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:19 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I am not quite understanding Iove. s xx
Old 03-18-2021, 10:35 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hang tight, Liz! You can make it till then.
Venus.... exciting about the pansies and petunias! Petunias always make me think of a story from the small town we vacation in in Michigan, where the head of the petunia committee was stealing from the petunia fund.

Hang in there, Tanky! It feels good to get through unpleasant feelings and not automatically think of booze, doesn’t it? Although sometimes it feels like you have swum halfway across a lake.... don’t want to go back, but you are getting awfully tired of swimming. I find that I swim for awhile, and then stop to slowly tread water and catch my breath.

RAL— Scotland is such a lovely place, but this California girl would never be able to get used to all the rain and chill of Scotland. Only been once, just a few days in Edinburgh, and it was amazing.... but we were there on a few mild days in July. Hope you get a vacation soon!
Old 03-18-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Lixie , tell us more about what happened if you want... we could walk you through it.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:30 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey Liz,

I think I recognise where you are with the tough session. When I originally started therapy about my trauma I was in a world of pain after many of the sessions. even though they were helping over all. Sometimes so so bad I could barely get through and would have to call my psychiatrist in between sessions because it got out of control . Dissociated for hours at times after a session, among other things. It’s hard to do therapy around trauma like you have suffered without this phenomenon after sessions.

If you are capable of it, try to do something really kind for yourself. Whether that’s taking a walk or a long bath or music or whatever is your go to.

alcohol might dull the pain , maybe , but it would actually reverse the benefit of the pain you have just had to go through. It could mean you just have to do it again and then some.

have nothing but admiration for you working so hard with your new therapist. Be gentle with the child inside, it’s not her fault .xx