Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 7

Old 03-14-2021, 09:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
Elly - sending you lots of happy bubbles ☺️ volunteering could be interesting, be good to get out atleast.

RAL - hope the hangover feeling passes quickly.

Tanky - squeal! I hope you can get out walking often. Hiking is great. I'm a big believer that food and exercise are staples of good mental health and a big reason issues are so prominent these days are modern life...aka western diet, lack of ability for work life balance, sedentary lifestyle etc etc. I used to go for a long hike everyday but walking worsens my hip problems so I just get little walks in now, still fantastic for a quick boost though. I'm glad you had a good day!!

Got my first cold in over a year, didn't miss those, that's ok I don't want my immune system getting too lazy 😂 we haven't really had much COVID where I am. We've had a very suprisingly low low almost non existent level here but with all the restrictions, social distancing measures and sanitiser (I live across the road from the park and there were even workers coming every day or two disinfecting the play equipment, workers sanitising shopping trolley bars etc) we've not had a single catchable ailment either. Seems like things are getting back to normal.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning Team D alll-stars!

zura - colds are a pain. And so charged now. 😂 like you have the plague when people used to think nothing of it. Glad you can get walks in everyday. Because you are of course right about the exercise and food. It plays such a huge role in mental health and always among first casualties of poor MH. I used to manage my mental health more sensibly with exercise (and slightly less alcohol maybe) but then for so many years it did nothing for me anymore. The exercise I mean. It “stopped working” from my perspective, but possibly that’s because I drowned it in booze.

RAL - phantom hangovers are annoying. I got lots of them. But they got better - less intense - over time. I still sometimes have a bit of that feeling but I think it’s because of the smokes. When I get around to quitting those too I think it will be a real thing of the past. Is so great to see the sober RAL coming out to play more and more. Xxx

lixie - sorry you are also unwell. Sending you healing and soup for the soul.

elly - volunteering is pretty amazing. Another thing they say us lot benefit from quite a bit. It certainly helps me when I am deep in a hole to do stuff for other people . You may get more out of it than a vaccine. 🤗

venus - how you , my sweet?

so is early and I still feel pretty good. 😁😁 and I realise something I also did over weekend that was probably important. Complete disengagement from work. I literally have not checked the triage phone at all. That does make me slightly anxious about what my day will be like today. But I definitely needed the break from work.

Sending some of my fledgling peace to Team D. Xx
Old 03-14-2021, 03:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RAL

great to read you had a good afternoon tanky and your walk sounds fabulous! disengaging from work is crucial and necessary for your MH and relaxtion so well done you

feel much better now thanks zura. I hope your cold passes soon. you're so right, none of us have had colds or flu or anything this year. i thik i read somewhere there have been no flu deaths in the uk ths year-usually there are about 20,000. dont quote me on that-I may have imagined it or misread it ! but it makes sense with not going anywhere and no interaction and masks and sanitising everything and eveyrwhere.

had a goo day. made bird feeders with jr ral.jigsaw. reading. tv. lost another pound. feel energised and calm. jr ral tucked up in bed early despite many protestations after far too many late nights as been off school since pre christmas. back to normal routine tomorrow and I can't wait!

take care all.xx
Old 03-14-2021, 04:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Fantastic RaI!! Off to schooI. yay.
And goodnight Iove. s ❤️
Old 03-15-2021, 12:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Venus, hope you are sleeping peacefully

Isn't it always the way, at the weekends I wake up early naturally. This morning I was in a dead sleep when my alarm pierced my dream No matter, off we go to school

Hope everyone has a good day or sleep xx
Old 03-15-2021, 01:09 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good morning, everyone. Day 2, and I have found peace. Ready to commit. TTYL.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RAL

So much for feeling calm. In the hour ice been in my boss has said he is leaving. And my colleague has done a very sneaky thing against me. I am raging. So so angry. Trying to take deep breaths and get calm
Old 03-15-2021, 03:37 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
So much for feeling calm. In the hour ice been in my boss has said he is leaving. And my colleague has done a very sneaky thing against me. I am raging. So so angry. Trying to take deep breaths and get calm
remember rage tanky from last week, RAL. Go for a walk around block. Make tea. Get some space from it , if you can. Then come back. My boss also continued to do some more asshat tactics , today. But I just noted it and did not freak out. She is using my apology from last week meeting, as some of you predicted. Oh well. I am not the tanky I was. Tanky is short for Tankgirl. 😈
Old 03-15-2021, 04:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
remember rage tanky from last week, RAL. Go for a walk around block. Make tea. Get some space from it , if you can. Then come back. My boss also continued to do some more asshat tactics , today. But I just noted it and did not freak out. She is using my apology from last week meeting, as some of you predicted. Oh well. I am not the tanky I was. Tanky is short for Tankgirl. 😈
What Tanky said. You'll be OK.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks guys.

All calm now my colleagce who has a very odd sense of humour was playing a joke on me.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Thanks guys.

All calm now my colleagce who has a very odd sense of humour was playing a joke on me.
WHAT? I'm so sorry, RAL. I can come and give them a huge fish slap if you want.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Go Iixie!!!! s

And gosh RaI, I am not good at having jokes puIIed on me. My mother was the absoIute worst...my dad used to say she had no sense of humour, to which she wouId respond in aII of her Scottish gIory: "Get Away!"

AIso...not sure if you can access it there yet, but I am watching an awesome Aussie show caIIed "The GIoaming".
(Tanky has probabIy seen it ).
IncredibIe scenery....just wow....it was fiImed in Tasmania.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:28 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
RAL

well tbh I think he was serious till I pulled him up on it-told him I thought he was sneaky and if there was an issue he should have spoken to me f2f. Then he said oh it was just a joke. Hilarious. Got my point across though and all good. Don't think he will do it again in a hurry

Good day apart from that. hope my boss doesn't leave but things happen. People move on. What will be will be. Nothing I can do about it. Good day at school for Jr RAL. Weather decent. hopefully sleep well tonight. sober.

Great to see you back Liz xx
Old 03-15-2021, 11:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hope you sleep well, RAL. xx

Negative Covid-test. Phew! Have done SO much today, not drinking is really good for me.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:58 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
ELily - how are things with you?

RAL - sounds like you had a bit of a day! *Passes you a cup of tea.

Tanky - ugggh, people. Honestly.

Lixie - so wonderful that you are feeling strong and in a good place
​​​​​​Not much happening here (yay). Just lots of peace and quiet ☺️ hope things calm down for you all and everyone has a lovely day/evening
Old 03-15-2021, 12:23 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Elly-oooh volunteering sounds good Hope you get an appointment in the next few days or weeks. I should have 100 days sober tomorrow But I will have 9. In total last 100 days I have got 88 sober days. It does help me a bit thinking like that. Not cheating or using it as a reason or excuse to pick up again and do the same thing. Quite the opposite - spurring me on to stay sober.
Feel like I have a hangover. Ah well will shake it off. Soooo excited about school going back tomorrow
Think of it like a grade. Right now you are getting a B, but could get to an A by summer!

Sounds like good progress, Lixie!

The weekend was nice, but quiet. Spent a day at the cabin again and enjoyed some nice walks with the dogs. There was the biggest Eucalyptus tree I have ever seen on one of them. I will see if I can post it.... it was surrounded by redwoods. It may not impress you all, but most gum trees here don’t seem to last long enough to get that big here.
I am cutting back on my meetings with the out patient group, , so will need to up something else somewhere. I think I will try Refuge Recovery.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:15 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey team D,

late check in from me because I overslept. Sleep, omg, so good.

RAL - sounds like you handle yourself at work very well. Pulled colleague up instead of raging. Nice. Sober RAL has superpowers. 😁 I have started writing down all the stuff with my boss. Because I can see where this is going. Can’t believe it, tbh. For past 18 months I have been trying to make it work with her and the team. Oh well.

lixie - so good that you are finding peace and also energy to do stuff already. You so got this. 💪

zura - glad things are quiet and steady. a relief from what our lives used to be like. I am so grateful to have a brain that is not racing sometimes. To have relief from depression and anxiety as well. Like discovering alchemy.

elly - I don’t know what refuge recovery is , but great that you are already thinking about what will support you best in next phase for you. Your joy /wonder in simple pleasures of your new world is so palpable.

venus - I haven’t actually watched that series, I don’t think. It looks good. And the scenery! 😱 Not sure if I can get it as is on other platforms.

good day to be sober for the tanky. Xx
Old 03-15-2021, 11:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

So glad your test was negative Lixie-are you feeling any better today?

Sounds a lovely weekend Elly, cabin in the woods sounds idyllic

Is it today you're being vaccinated Venus or tomorrow? Either way I hope all goes well

Zura- peaceful and calm day sounds perfect. I hope you had a wonderful day and sleep well tonight.

Tanky=oh tbf we all get on well at work which is why my boss leaving feels like the rug being pulled out from under me. My other colleague is just a bit of a joker which I am not. Although we all tend to get on well with the occasional tiff. There are only 3 of us who work closely together so we have to I suppose! The whole dynamic will change now with 1 leaving. It's all this uncertainty I hate but just have to accept it is what it is.

Anyway, on with the day, we are in the second half of March which is fabulous

Hope you all have a good sleep or good day wherever you are
Old 03-16-2021, 12:29 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Just a quick check-in before class. I'm feeling much better, thanks RAL, and so happy the test came back negative.
Will come back later!

I LOVE being a part of this class! You are awesome!
Old 03-16-2021, 12:33 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
RAL

So glad you're feeling better Liz I agree this class is awesome Hope you have a great day xx