Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 7

Old 03-12-2021, 02:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RAL

I@m so glad your session with the therapist went well Lixie and that you had a good rapport.

Thanks Zura, had a very peaceful day and feeling good. Off to bed soon. I hope you have a lovely Saturday

Great news re the vaccine and the dentist Venus-proud of you And love petunias. one of our cats is called Petunia

Hope you got a decent night's sleep Tanky and have a good Weekend

See you all tomorrow.xx
Old 03-12-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Having a divine Saturday RAL. Woke up ridiculously early and couldn't sleep, eventually went for a drive to get a coffee from the 24 hour service station. I love the middle of the night/early hours of the morning, it was still dark and so quiet and a section of the road was all foggy. Felt like the only soul around. As the morning came closer a blanket of mist blanketed the houses, I was excited to get out in it and garden once the sun came out. Spent a lovely quiet morning weeding, listening to the birds and seeing the dewy cobwebs glistening......was very magical/romantic 😍 😂 now the sun is up and it's a gorgeous sunny day, not overly hot so I can enjoy the garden for quite a bit longer. My son is with his dad's this weekend, I haven't had a break since Xmas holidays last year due to covid and it's amazing how wonderful it feels ☺️ you do t realise how easy it is too loose yourself in your roles until times like this.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sounds divine indeed Zura. s ❤️
Old 03-12-2021, 07:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Zura, domestic abuse is indeed very harmful for our psyches, especially the emotional well being. It’s been a long time for me, but still think about a bad relationship and shudder. Big hugs and continuing healing thoughts!

Not much to report here, except that I have been busier with some stuff ( which is good overall). I can say that as the weeks go by sober, I am less interested in drinking and see it less as my “go-to” thought when stressed. I suppose in the future I will need to avoid complacency, but right now I am able to go shopping and look at alcohol in a more detached way. Went to Costco for the first time in awhile and looked at the alcohol section with a detached eye... oh yes, would normally get that, but don’t anymore. Only slightly annoying bit was when the cheese package recommended Sauvignon Blanc!🤣

Hope everyone has a great dry weekend...unless you need rain, that is. We are getting some on Sunday, and we need it. I am sure all the Aussies here understand that sentiment!
Old 03-12-2021, 07:49 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hurrah for the vaccine Venus! I am finally beginning to hope that I may get it by summer! ThoughI am worried that if it’s opened up to all by May 1st it will be harder. I am at least in the 50+ category.

Lixie, hope things continue to go well with your therapist!
Old 03-12-2021, 11:06 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Elly - I'm sorry you have experienced it also. Time is a great healer ❤️ that's great that you feel more detached re alcohol, thank you for sharing, gives those of us with less time hope! I've been getting rain, thankfully, had a gorgeous thunderstorm the other night also ☺️
Old 03-13-2021, 01:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all and Happy Sober Saturday

Zura-that sounds a lovely experience and so close to nature. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend and get some you time for self care.

Elly that's great to read your thoughts about alcohol are no longer as invasive.

Tanky-how was your Saturday? All good I hope

Lixie-I hope you are getting plenty of relaxtation and self care after your therapy session.

1 week for me today. should be 14 weeks but hey ho it is what it is. I feel good, so so much better than when I was drinking over the previous 2 weeks. I have also lost the weight I put on during the bad 2 weeks. I feel energised and ready to continue on the path of sobriety and healthy living. The relief of Mr RAL getting his appointment was so much-I did not realise just how much it was causing me to be on edge and on my mind. I'm in the 40-49 group so won't be for another few weeks or even months but that#s fine.

Anyway, another day of pottering. Cleaning car, sorting out wood. Finishing off my brilliant new book that I was up till 1am reading!! More studying. Jr RAL back from his father's tonight as he is back to school on Monday!! Did I mention that. He is going back to school on Monday Perhaps you can sense the excitement I feel
Old 03-13-2021, 04:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So so good about school going back, RAL!! 😁 and nice to see you in such a good space. Grats on a week!

Elly - amazing about the disengagement from drinking thoughts. It is encouraging for those of us further down the food chain. 😆

Not sure how to answer for me. All good , I guess? Sober. Mental health possibly stabilised. But head still insane. Racing thoughts . I have no idea which way is up most of time . But is normal, apparently.

Saturday is chauffeur day. And that’s what I did. Drove my kids around to sport all friggin’ day. Watched some dumb movies with my daughter. Trying to sleep like a vaguely normal person now.

​​​​​​​hope you all have a good weekend. Xx
Old 03-13-2021, 05:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EllyB View Post
Hurrah for the vaccine Venus! I am finally beginning to hope that I may get it by summer! ThoughI am worried that if it’s opened up to all by May 1st it will be harder. I am at least in the 50+ category.

Lixie, hope things continue to go well with your therapist!
Same as me.
Have a Iook EIIy ~ there are mass centres opening in a ton of states next week....you may be abIe to get it now!
(or very soon ).
Old 03-13-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I am stiII Iaughing over "Only slightly annoying bit was when the cheese package recommended Sauvignon Blanc!🤣".

I do get what you mean though....and honestIy I probabIy woudn't buy that cheese anymore.

Awesome on the week RaI honey and Iove to aII of you.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hi guys. Am running a slight fever and am trying to rest. Won't be writing a lot here, just wanted to tell you why. Am also working on my new, sober life, which is quite easy when you're not feeling well.

Hope you are all doing OK.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

FeeI better Iixie honey s xx ❤️
Old 03-13-2021, 11:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks to you all for helping me get back to 1 week

Hope you got a relaxing evening and good sleep after chauffering Tanky

Hope you feel better soon Lixie. sending hugs xx

Hope you are having a lovely weekend Zura.

Hope all is well with you Venus And Dee

Good day, Some sun appeared which is always good. I wrap up with a duvet and sit out in it Watching a police drama, then food then bed.xx

Old 03-13-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Which one are you watching Iove? s xx
Old 03-13-2021, 12:48 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
Elly - hope your having a lovely weekend.

Tanky - I hope things ease up a bit in the MH department. I honestly feel for you, I'm sure we've all been there in one way or another but it's so hard when your stuck in the muck.

Lixie - I hope you feel better soon. Lots of self love and care for you ❤️

RAL - congratulations on a week. So glad your feeling more energised and have a lovely book to read.

Slowly getting better. I feel physically a lil bit better everyday. Not up to full form yet but am looking forward to that. Mentally I'm doing so much better. I'm naturally a very happy, positive person and I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Looking forward to getting back to that bubbly person, even though she annoys some people. I once ran into an old school friend in the supermarket and she rolled her eyes and told me to bleep off with my positivity 🤣 which only made me laugh and smile brighter. Poor thing obviously having a bad day even though she was being somewhat playful about it.
Anyway, it's a lovely rainy morning here so no gardening but I can actually relax instead of working and enjoy the morning. Have to collect my son soon who has asked to come home early because he is bored at his dads without his computer. My love to you all xxoo
Old 03-13-2021, 02:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Same as me.
Have a Iook EIIy ~ there are mass centres opening in a ton of states next week....you may be abIe to get it now!
(or very soon ).
Yes, but sadly it seems that my group is not going to get there for awhile. Apparently now at least 1/2 of all Californians are eligible, and I am not in that category. They are supposed to do 50-64 year olds next, but there is still a backlog. One way to get one earlier is to volunteer at a testing site, so maybe I will do that... could be a cool thing to do once a week or so.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Tanky—- I remember the chauffeuring days. Now that my kiddo drives, though, I hardly see her!

Zura—- glad you are getting your bubbles back. When you have a few to spare, you are welcome to send them to me!
RAL —- Glad you are doing better and sober. How many total days do you have in the past few months?
Old 03-14-2021, 12:45 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning guys

Oh was just watching Vera Venus That sounds funny!

Zura - so glad to read you are feeling a bit better each day. I think it is wonderful you are a positive and bubbly person, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Can totally relate re sons and computers too! Mine is only 11 but is exactly the same and sure it doesn't get any different as they get older.

Elly-oooh volunteering sounds good Hope you get an appointment in the next few days or weeks. I should have 100 days sober tomorrow But I will have 9. In total last 100 days I have got 88 sober days. It does help me a bit thinking like that. Not cheating or using it as a reason or excuse to pick up again and do the same thing. Quite the opposite - spurring me on to stay sober.

Hope you got a good sleep and your fever has reduced Lixie.

How are things Tanky?

Feel like I have a hangover. Ah well will shake it off. Soooo excited about school going back tomorrow
Old 03-14-2021, 03:49 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey y’all. I had a good afternoon. Yes, I said good. 😁🙏

so my sponsor had to bail on meeting up today because she is unwell and she asked me to do something for myself , instead. “Something I haven’t done before or something I haven’t done for very long time.”

At first I couldn’t think of anything. Self-care is not exactly a strength. And started to get frustrated with myself , because I could see I was going to let afternoon slip without doing it.

But then I decided I would go for a bush walk somewhere I had never been before. Werribee Gorge. It was awesome. I got a “Runner’s high” from walking all the steep hills & climbing over rocks , because I am so horribly unfit. I had totally forgotten about those things.

Is so so nice to be able to finally get out of my own way. First time I have actually felt that “grateful to be sober” thang.

Posting so I don’t forget in tougher times.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks RaI....I haven't watched that, but I see it is very popuIar.

So gIad to hear you feeIing better Tanky!!

s xx ❤️❤️