Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 7

Old 03-16-2021, 12:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
RAL

oh I forgot to mention Mr RAL has quit drinking. Not permanently but for a while. He stopped on Saturday so today is day 3 and he is pretty rough. I think it has been a shock to him how bad he feels and has made him realise just how much he has been drinking-well he knows he has been overdoing it, as have many during lockdown. He has stopped as wants to give vaccine best chance of working and be in good condition before and after. He always drinks more in winter as doesn't work (hes not unemployed or anything he is retired ish but works from April-October)

Anyway, here's hoping for good times ahead for us all.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Just a quick check-in before class. I'm feeling much better, thanks RAL, and so happy the test came back negative.
Will come back later!

I LOVE being a part of this class! You are awesome!
❤️❤️❤️ Backatya . Love love Team D.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
oh I forgot to mention Mr RAL has quit drinking. Not permanently but for a while. He stopped on Saturday so today is day 3 and he is pretty rough. I think it has been a shock to him how bad he feels and has made him realise just how much he has been drinking-well he knows he has been overdoing it, as have many during lockdown. He has stopped as wants to give vaccine best chance of working and be in good condition before and after. He always drinks more in winter as doesn't work (hes not unemployed or anything he is retired ish but works from April-October)

Anyway, here's hoping for good times ahead for us all.
wow, RAL, just wow. RAL household is on a roll. Keep it coming. Xx
Old 03-16-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

That's great re Mr RaI. s

Old 03-16-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Remember that we were sued about a plumbing situation? They found something wrong and wanted money to correct it, claiming that we knew something was wrong? Well, we settled, and I thought I never had to think about that house again. Well, just now I found the house listed, and guess what - no mention that something is wrong. They have done nothing to correct the problem, and now they are actively lying about it - deliberately. I am so angry, I am seething. I want to sue them right back for emotional distress or whatever. But guess what? I don't want to drink over it. Not one single cell in my body wants to drink.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
lixie - glad your feeling better....well physically. Sorry the plumbing issue has resurfaced, but I'm delighted you don't want to drink about it.

RAL - thank you for the lovely well wishes. That's really positive that Mr RAL is taking a break and glad JNR RAL had a good day at school
Elly - I think I may have looked at refuge recovery stuff ages ago, you could listen to old meetings audio that read through the book and participants would reflect on how it applies to them. If it's the one I'm thinking off.......

Tanky - so awesome you got some sleep. Hope things settle down at work.

Had a productive day in the garden yesterday, mowed both lawns, used the blower to round up all the autumn leaves into a neat pile. Best pick the leaves up today and do some more weeding. Love to you all xxoo
Old 03-16-2021, 01:01 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Argh, lost my post ! Congrats on the negative COVID test Liz. Sorry about the house situation, though. Sound terrible but maybe you could let the new buyers know about it, so at least the current owners would have to repair it.
RAl, It sounds like your husband is similar to mine regarding drinking. Mine has Cut back recently, and doesn’t drink much around me anymore, which is good. He still drinks with friends though. I can’t help but feel a little bit envious sometimes, because he’s the one who used to get stinking drunk while I was always the sober one in public. But he could go days without a drink, Whereas I would have to have my one or two, and then two or three, and then more every day. He was drinking more during lock down, so I think he realized it was a problem too. After all, too much alcohol will hurt you whether you are an alcoholic or not.
Tanky, good news about the sleep! Sounds like you’re doing pretty well.
Venus, excited about your shot! I need to figure out how to do the registering for the shots. My healthcare provider is one of the ones that is on the slower side, so I will have to go with CVS or Walgreens. There’s still another tier of essential workers at least before 50 and older get a chance to take the shot!
And Zura, You are inspiring me to get out and work in my garden. I need to plant some more things like lettuce, carrots, cilantro, and maybe some peas, though the slugs tend to eat all of those.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:12 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

If you googIe "covid vaccination near me" EIIy, you wiII get a Iist of IocaI providers and be abIe to make an appt. s
I actuaIIy changed mine...I was going to a big expo centre and unhappy about that, so now I am going to a much cIoser doctors' surgery on Monday.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Afternoon Venus ☺️

Elly - I hope you do get some gardening in, it's so therapeutic. You may already know but aparently copper taped around the bed deters them or crushed up eggshells on the soil around the base of plants stops snails. Im lucky not to have them cause much of a problem so I haven't bothered trying these methods.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:29 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Morning Zura. s
Old 03-16-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning/afternoon Venus and Zura. 😘
Old 03-16-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning Tanky ❤️
Old 03-16-2021, 01:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good to see so much of team D enjoying sober lives. Makes me so happy to see it. And all the talk of warmer weather and spring for you northerners across SR. Even as I sat in the dark for my first hour awake. Instead of grumbling internally about it meaning we are going into winter and all that entails for me, I just felt the joy of others. Who is this person? 😁
Old 03-16-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I like that person, Tanky.

Hello, everyone else!
Old 03-16-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Even when I Iived there, I Iaughed that we caII it winter. It doesn't get coId. 10C here and sunny is everyone in t-shirts. ❤️
Old 03-16-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi Iixie honey!!!! ❤️
Old 03-16-2021, 02:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I like that person, Tanky.

Hello, everyone else!

lixie, ❤️ . So loving the peace in you, my lovely. Plumbing situation is not throwing you , either. Accept the things I cannot change et al..

And yeah, I do feel like I could learn to like this version of me. Tanky 17.0. 😂
Old 03-16-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

lixie and Tanky 😊

Not cold here? I find it cold 😂 not freezing but definitely rug up and UGG boots cold. Its good to get moving outside though, I find I have to take my gloves and beanie off after a bit of activity.

I remember visitors coming from two hours away and buying tracksuits to keep warm..... but in a warmer season.....thought that was weird lol

​​Edit: I do live in a cold part of Aus though, not snow country but we get notoriously cold weather and wind that cuts through to the bone.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

It's snowing here, so it is definitely cold! But spring is just around the corner, I can feel it.

There is some real change going on in this class. Love it. Going to bed sober on day 3.

Toodles!
Old 03-16-2021, 02:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Brrrrr. s ❤️