Notices

Class of May 2020 part 11

Old 11-18-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

What a day. It's finished though. I am so tired! Going to find something to eat and chill out. I hope everyone is well!
Old 11-18-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Wow Karen....you are amazing. OK, and your sons as well.....fantastic job!! s xx
Old 11-18-2020, 06:44 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Free.

Hey all.
No news here. That’s a good thing, I’m sure.
Been clobbering these enormous maple trees in my spare time (cutting them down). Tired. But it is keeping me fit. I can tell that by all of the sore muscles.
Wife is taking well to her new job. The staff are quite nice. She wishes the pace was less slow. Indoor meetings, due to the virus, are restricted to five people in Saskatchewan, so group sessions are not occurring as they normally would.

I hope they got your septic issues sorted Karen.

Have a splendid day/evening all!

Old 11-18-2020, 11:48 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
What a day. It's finished though. I am so tired! Going to find something to eat and chill out. I hope everyone is well!

I could have written this exact post!

Time to rest now
Old 11-19-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
I could have written this exact post!

Time to rest now
Me too. I'll post after some rest and sleep!
Old 11-19-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Wow, that's funny how we were all bushed at the same time. We are clearly having a workademic. For a couple of you it is Friday now. The rest of us get to start our weekend early by proxy.
I went to bed really early and slept like a rock. Charley and Comrad, too. They had to bark at the guys all day, poor things.
I am enjoying the peace and the cool weather.
Please rest well and stay safe all!
Old 11-19-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Free.

They had to bark at the guys all day, poor things.
Hahaha, funny stuff. Just doing their duty.

Glad you checked in Coz. Enjoy some rest.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:13 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Free.

My break: have a dog on each side. A warm coffee. One arm resting on big dog.
Watching the gentlest of snowflakes amble about outside my window.

Truly is a beautiful thing.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:13 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

The snow sounds wonderful. So peaceful. As a child I lived in Ohio for a few years. I remember how fantastic the snow was, especially since I came from California. I hope you are all having a great day.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:38 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

There is a good chance that Toronto goes into a full lockdown this week. That means everything except essential services will close. There was a massive surge of COVID19 the past week due to the Indian immigrant communities celebrating the Diwali festival. One particular section of the city which is largely South Asian has a 20 percent positivity rate.

Toronto is one of the most diverse cities in the world so all the holidays, religious occasions for so many cultures is going to mean this virus is going to wallop us if we dont go into full lockdown. Hanukkah is next, then Christmas.

Strangely, I walked right onto a movie set that was filming yesterday outside an office building. It looked like people were just lining up to get into a store. No barriers or signs to indicate it was s movie shoot. A police officer managed to get my attention. I had my headphones on so probably didn't hear the film crew or security if they tried to say something. There was an 'NYPD ' police car and 'NY taxis' parked on the street. Toronto often fills in for New York City in movies. 100 plus extras were on hand....no masks!
Old 11-19-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Yeah it's pretty messed up for sure. Where I live just went purple, as in we are in deep trouble.
Can't believe that about the movie set and people lined up without masks.

I know the menorah lighting (big public event) for Chanukah is cancelled here this year, so that's good.
I am happy to have mine sitting in the window like I did last year.
Hopefully it will be the same in Toronto...anything else is madness, surely.

This too shall pass. It really will. s
Old 11-19-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hello classmates. Missed catching up yesterday. Didn't feel that good. I think I have what hubby had last week. Could not get to sleep last night - or stay asleep. Crazy dreams too. No big deal. I'm sober. That's what matters.
I hope all my tired classmates get rested.
Karen- When I moved into my first house many years ago, I had something kind of similar happen. I too didn't have a clue about septic tanks. I learned. I am glad you got it taken care of.
Venus- I meant to get back with you about the Vital Farms eggs. I think I have seen them but I don't remember where. I typically just get the brown cage free but I will look for those when I am in a store again.
WL- that's crazy! The world is crazy! People not masking is crazy. I'm so concerned for where we will be by Christmas.
TC- I like that. ‘What one can do.....another can do” —Anthony Hopkins “The Edge” The snow sounds so nice. We finally got a touch of cool weather. I don't think I've had to turn on the air today so that is a good thing!
Willow- I think you are on day four. I'm glad you have your resolve and I hope all those drinking people keep away from you!
Coz- hoping you are doing ok and that you get all the rest and sleep you need. Listen to your body and take what it needs when you can.
Hello to Dig, Nmd, Dee and to Maria and Didit- if you are around please stop in - even for a quick hello.
Take care all and stay safe and sober.
Hope
Old 11-19-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi May class

Wow this working life is tiring. I was pretty shattered last night, but didn't sleep well. Over-tired I think. I only have half a day at work today, but have to work on Saturday too - so bring on Sunday!

It's lovely to see your posts each time I get the chance to log in - thank you for sharing your journey. It is different for each of us, but what is really obvious is that it is a roller-coaster - we have tough times, challenging times, times of reflection but also peaceful and calm times (like coffee with furry company and snow flakes!). I need to remember that the hard times to come to an end and get replaced with contentment and simplicity. All I can do is what ever I can to make the tough times as short as possible. Drinking will only make them longer.

Off for coffee and to start my four hour work day.

Take care all...
Old 11-19-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I too am enjoying coffee with a furry friend ❤️ It’s great to read all your posts as I get ready for my day.

I hope you’re feeling better soon Hope. And less tired too.
You too Karen and Coz. I was so shattered last night but I got a better sleep last night than all week.
So I’m starting out on day 5 less tired thankfully.

Coz I’m only working till 12 today too, hooray for a short, (and hopefully sweet) Friday

WL that’s crazy about the movie. You might appear in it as an “extra” lol

Suze, is purple code for a lockdown level? We’re still really lucky where I live. They opened some state borders again recently but then had to shut areas down again. Where I live in the north is fairly isolated so we have been fairly Covid-free, and don’t have a lot of local restrictions.

Have a good day/night everyone
Old 11-19-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I had to go over to my neighbors to pick up something. We were sitting outside for a minute talking and she asked me if I would like a glass of wine. I promptly said no thank you. Later, when I got home, I was thinking that I probably should have told her that I'm not drinking again. She knew that I was not drinking last year and finally got used to the idea. But I did drink with her a few times this year so she doesn't know. I'm pretty sure she drinks daily and pretty sure she starts early too so I have to be careful.
Kudos to all of you that are around drinkers and staying strong. Just gotta exercise that no muscle like TC said.
Good night everyone. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams!
Hope

Old 11-19-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
This too shall pass...
Thanks Venus.
Needed that. Haven’t heard it in a while.
There surely is a lot going on lately with so many of us.

Simple and apt.

profound too.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Well done on saying no Hope.
I had a thought to visit a friend on the way home but I know she would have been drinking for sure (Friday afternoon) do I decided against it and came straight home instead.
It’s sooo good to be home with the weekend off work

TC I agree, “this too shall pass” is such a useful thing to remember.... thanks Suze
Old 11-20-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I remember the look on my mother's face ~ over 20 years ago now ~ when she popped in to see me and brought me fresh salmon patties.
I promptly went to the fridge, and poured a big glass of wine to have with my treat. I sat down opposite her and saw a look of horror....it was the middle of the day.

That was the day I realised I am an alcoholic.

It isn't a bad memory anymore....as in it no longer makes me feel ashamed.
But it will always be clear as a bell in my mind....how on earth did I think that was even a little bit OK?

Old 11-20-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I knocked over my TV accidentally this morning. It was precariously balanced on two little stands maybe 2 inches off the floor so when it fell forward onto the carpet, I thought it would be Okay. Turned it on and the screen is broken. No display besides a giant crack and horizontal lines of various colors.

I bought this TV 5 months ago because I broke the other one before that. I really should hang these on the wall instead of on the floor. I'm used to breaking things when I'm drunk but I'm particularly angry because I'm completely sober and ruined a brand new $500 TV. Normally, I would probably get drunk. I can't sit at home without a TV to distract me. I will have to return some clothes I bought and then can buy a new TV.

I would normally say 'F**k it" and get drunk in a situation like this. This is the 3rd TV I've broken in the last 3-4 years. Also lost or broke about 4 phones. So currently on my 5th smartphone and soon to be 4th TV since 2016....

Old 11-20-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I know that feeling....breaking something sober.
I get annoyed at myself as well.
Hope you can get a new one and hang it on the wall out of harms way. s