Notices

Class of May 2020 part 11

Old 11-12-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I should be outside as well.....after lunch.
Enjoy the sunshine love. s xx
Old 11-12-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Free.

No mosquitoes here!

Old 11-12-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am not ready for snow yet TC....would you like some of my mosquitos?
I can send some. s xx
Old 11-12-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi everyone

It's Friday here - yay. I am usually not going to work Fridays, but I do have two hours of media training to attend. The rest of the day is mine! Time to get the house in order and progress my septic tank / wishing well project.

TC - your home life sounds great. I am so glad it has settled into a comfortable and nice place. I take it your wife's job is going well?

Take care all
Old 11-12-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

WL - all good - just wondered where you were
Have a good weekend guys - gearing up here.

D
Old 11-12-2020, 07:54 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Haven't been on. Hubby has been sick the past couple of days. He went to one of the drive through covid places today to get a test. His oxygen level was kinda low the is morning from during the night so that made him want to get tested. He also has a cough and just doesn't feel good. It's a shame. This illness strikes such fear. You get sick and that's the horribleness you have to think of what could be. Anyway, I'm hoping it's something else. Just weird. He's never sick.

Hope you all have a great day. I'll post more tomorrow. Been a long day.
Hope
Old 11-12-2020, 09:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Coz

Oh Hope - sending good health wishes to you and your hubby. I hope he gets better really quickly regardless of what it is. Make sure you look after yourself in the hope that you don't get the bug.

I've had a productive day today. I did a couple of hours in training and then got back to my septic tank project. The idea is to try to disguise the septic tank which is sort of an eye-sore and in the middle of the lawn. So I've painted it and built a wishing well (and a wooden bucket) to sit on top. Here are before and now photos:

Now to I have to work on getting some plants and garden ornaments around it to better hide the tank and have a nicer backyard feature than I had. I think a plant shopping weekend is on the cards.

Hope every one is ready for a nice, sober and happy weekend.... It feels like a weekend already for me. I like not working Fridays!
Old 11-13-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Coz ~ how did you learn to do all of this?
This is master craftswomanship

Just magnificent.
You can easily have your own business designing and building and landscaping.
If you wanted to of course.

Best wishing well I have ever seen. s
Old 11-13-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sending love and prayers to Mr Hope.
It does sound like covid.....I guess we will see.
What about you?
Are you alright Hope? s xx
Old 11-13-2020, 06:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Free.

G’mornin. 8:00 a.m. here in my part of the Western Hemisphere.

Nice wishing well Coz. It looks like a carpenter quality build.

Mornin’ Venus.

Hope, hope your guy does ok. Could be the common cold or flu this time of year.

Good day all!

Old 11-13-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hope, I am so sorry your husband is ill. I hope that if it is covid, that he has a light case and if you get it that you do, too. Please keep us posted and I will be sending positive healing vibes!
Coz, that is an amazing thing you did there. I really am totally impressed. How long did it take? It is so beautiful. I'm with Suze, you could easily make a living doing that.
It's a beautiful day here. I think it may not even rain today! I'll be outside a lot but I am also working on my kitchen and the laundry room, cleaning and fixing up.
Lots of love to all of you!
Old 11-13-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Me too Karen....maybe no laundry today, but lots of garden and kitchen work. Lots. s xx
Enjoy the beautiful day....I have one as well.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
7:15 a.m. Feeling well rested and hopeful. There is an amount of peace in our home.

Thinking back to the dark times when hope was absent from our household. Very dreary. I think both the wife and I were looking for an end. Even the pets kept their distance.

It is a splendid 180 degrees from that today. So grateful for the change.

At just near 17 weeks sober, hope has returned to our hearts!

I hope you all have a sound, sober, encouraging day!
TC - 17 weeks is great news! You are nailing it!!! Keep going
Old 11-13-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Things are fine on the sober front, Dee. My boredom levels are unbearable. Toronto will most likely go into a full lockdown again very soon. Restaurants and gyms are already shut. We are hitting record highs on an almost daily basis. I'm still baffled why our government sees restaurants and gyms as high risk places but schools are not. It defies logic.
I agree WL. At first, I was okay with schools opening and I felt strongly it was the right thing to do, but as the cases have climbed even here in the north we've observed the virus moving through school-to-school and getting ever closer to my own kids school. To me it's a matter of time and while I'm not an epidemiologist - it looks to me like schools would be one of the primary methods of enabling community-spread. From parenting experience, I joke often that kids having "trading cards" for germs and they actively trade them at school to make sure everyone has a chance to have each and every virus, cold, bacteria, etc.

Example:

"Hey Little Dig. Have you tried out the seasonal flu? No??? Here, I'll trade you my seasonal flu card for a common cold card? Fair?"
Old 11-13-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Positive vibes being sent from Northern Ontario to Mr. Hope

All is well here. Working from home today and sitting at my kitchen table staring out at my closed pool and all the trees without leaves every so often. At least it's not bitterly cold.

I had some weird sensations yesterday though I must admit. I went to the office and learning that an employee in a nearby department had been fired due to drinking on the job and sexual harassment (and other things that had mounted up). I couldn't help but think it could've been me that eventually progressed to drinking on the job. I would've surely ruined my career and likely brought down my family and our way of life with me. It consumed me with guilt. I feel better today but still have thoughts popping into my head that it could've been me getting fired for drinking on the job. I could've ruined so much just because I had to drink. Ugh. Horrible feeling of guilt and shame - typing this out brought it back again just now. Ugh.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Free.

Dig, yeah, I still get the occasional pang of regret or remorse. I might think “geez...if so-and-so tells the bossman about the booze that was on my breath”.... or “ If she tells the boss about that sketchy comment I made...”
It is interesting that a physical sort of pang happens.

We were (I was an) emotional basketcase(s) on a path of destruction for sure.

I am grateful for my, and your, sobriety today, everyone! A bit less mayhem loosed upon the world.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Indeed. Well said TC
Old 11-13-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I did some drinking at work, too. It is an awful thing to remember, but we are doing so much better now! It's good to remember how bad it got so that we don't go there again.
I'm super tired today. I got so much done yesterday, and today I'm beat.
Hope, I'm still thinking of you and sending positive vibes.
I missed the 17 weeks comment, TC. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and your wife and dogs.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

Thanks for your comments on my wishing well. Definitely not perfect, but I did enjoy the challenge of trying to make angles line up and happy it looks OK. I'm going to go into production and make lots of little ones (out of pallets) for Christmas gifts this year, but making a couple of stools is next on my project list.

I drank at work nearly everyday. I got called on it and ended up losing a great job over it, and left two more before I had to explain. It is nice to start this job without any fear of losing it because of my drinking problem. I was at an evening meeting last week (ZOOM style) and one of the people present actively acknowledged that he'd had a few drinks and was keen to finish up on time so he could get back to it. My emotions started off as anger that he attended the meeting under the influence (and obvious too) to feeling really sad for him. It really reinforced to me that I don't ever want to drink and head back to that all-day drunk mode.

Take care all. Time for a coffee and then start pulling apart pallets and putting them through the thicknesser. The preparation of the timber is very time consuming, but I do like recycling timber and the natural look it provides, not to mention the zero monetary cost!

Old 11-13-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Coz / something you said really just resonated with me:

"My emotions started off as anger ... to feeling really sad for him. It really reinforced to me that I don't ever want to drink and head back to that all-day drunk mode."

I should take some positives away from this and not let the guilt, shame, remorse, etc. claim some type of victory on this (or let the AV reason that I never drank on the job so really was I that bad?!?). I should let it reinforce for me the good choices I've made and I should appreciate what I have now and in front of me in terms of being sober and healthy.

Hugs to you and a big sober high five