SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2020 part 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/450515-class-may-2020-part-11-a.html)

Dee74 11-08-2020 07:44 PM

Class of May 2020 part 11

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-10-a-20.html

D

TiredCarpenter 11-08-2020 08:02 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Willow00 11-09-2020 02:02 AM

Thanks Dee :)

Suze I love the idea of caricatures. I only get as far as smiley faces and xxx’s :)

venuscat 11-09-2020 04:58 AM

I will draw one and show you.....feel free to laugh at me: I am such a child! :) :hug: s

TiredCarpenter 11-09-2020 05:12 AM

Suze, It’s fun to let the happy part of our spirits show. happyface:

Have a good, safe, peaceful, sober day all!!

venuscat 11-09-2020 05:18 AM

I totally agree dear TC. :)

I spent half an hour odd outside yesterday afternoon with my friends next door and their 18 month old and dog....Elli was throwing the leaves in the air and giggling, and then her parents picked some of my flowers for her.....she was just so delighted! So filled with joy.

It made my day.....I would say it made my week but this week is already pretty darned awesome. :) :hug: s xx

Sober369 11-09-2020 06:03 AM

That sounds wonderful, Venus! I missed the part about the caricatures. I would love to see one! It's going to be a lovely day here. I hope everyone is doing well. I don't have a lot to add at this point, I slept in again and am just getting my coffee levels up.
Have a great day!

dig12 11-09-2020 11:18 AM

I'm late to say this BUT...

CONGRATS KAREN on having reached 7 months of sobriety :)

Very proud of you indeed :)

Willow00 11-09-2020 12:51 PM

Happy Tuesday everyone :)
(Tues 6.45am here)

Suze I would love to see your caricatures :) :hug:
And I agree, we need to find the child-like joy and playfulness wherever we can. Children and dogs are very good at reminding us of that :)

By the way, I’m seriously considering getting a dog. The biggest obstacle at the moment is how much I’m working. It wouldn’t be fair on a dog to leave it home alone so much. So perhaps if I can improve my boundaries and learn to say no to work more often, or change my job, I might get a dog :) But I need to create more time for one first ❤️

I have yet another busy day ahead but hopefully will have tomorrow off (after working Sunday I think I deserve to have tomorrow off in exchange). Anyway, I’d best get organised for my day.

venuscat 11-09-2020 01:03 PM

Or you can get two dogs so they can keep each other company while you are at work. :) :hug: s xx

Willow00 11-09-2020 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7538983)
Or you can get two dogs so they can keep each other company while you are at work. :) :hug: s xx

hmmmm :) that thought had crossed my mind actually :)

HopefulYear777 11-09-2020 03:04 PM

Venus- sounds like you had a lovely time with your neighbors. It is the simple pleasures that make life for sure.
Coz- I love the idea of what you did with the thank you cards with your kids. I don't know if it was growing up in the south, but I grew up writing thank you notes. It just stuck with me as an adult. I just bought a box of them recently. It's good to have on hand and people really do love getting something in the mail that is not a bill.
Willow- dogs are so much comfort and they do give you unconditional love. I don't know what I would do without mine. They do take lots of time when you first get them - but that's fun too!
Karen- I'm glad you are getting a little sleeping in time. I think it's good for the soul. I hope you are feeling okay and enjoying the weather.
Rainy day here. Still have not been able to plant my little seedlings outside because of the rain. Hopefully tomorrow. I did a body pump class this afternoon. I am going to feel this in the morning. For a while, I had lots of pain in my shoulders- even last year when I wasn't drinking. Earlier this year I started drinking bone broth daily and it helped enough that I could start yoga. Years ago, I did lots of body pump so I'm seeing if my body can ease back into it. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it's because I can't lift my arms to type. ;)
Have a great day all.
Hope

Sober369 11-09-2020 04:29 PM

Thanks Dig!
Hope, I don't remember a time with so much rain, and I hear Florida has even more than Georgia.. The leaves are so beautiful this year, I think a year of steady rain makes that happen.
I worried over getting a dog for the same reason, Willow. Especially a puppy can't be home alone. You can always look into doggy daycare. It can be expensive, though. I wonder if people aren't doing it more now as a job they can do while isolating? I was able to take my dog to work so long as he was being trained as a per therapy dog. And of course, now we're home, at least for a while.
Two dogs could be a good idea, too!

TiredCarpenter 11-09-2020 06:29 PM

Work was good today.

I managed to do more tree trimming in the yard after work.

Wife’s first day was good. She enjoyed meeting her co-workers and says they are kind.

Pets are tired.

Snow is thick and heavy, I hear some vehicles fighting with it out there.

Safe and warm at home, soon to bed. Couldn’t ask for more.

G’night all.

Willow00 11-10-2020 01:52 AM

TC what a beautiful post. It sounds so comforting :hug: Goodnight

Suze, Hope and Karen, now I have an idea about the dogs... I could get a couple of dogs and train them to take into aged care facilities, to bring some light and joy into the older people’s lives in residential homes. It is definitely a possibility here. I have thought about it before, but now I’m wondering if perhaps I might actually look more seriously into the possibilities of me doing this. I love dogs and I love talking to and working with senior citizens ❤️

Coz 11-10-2020 04:06 AM

Quick check in to say hi.

This working thing makes me rather tired! A big day tomorrow. My first committee/board meeting and my first monthly report to present. After only five days in the job, it will be quite short, but I am a little nervous about presenting and meeting the many of my 'bosses' for the first time.

Six weeks sober for me today - planning to not ever drink again.

Take care all....

venuscat 11-10-2020 04:09 AM

All the best with the presentation love, bet you rock it. :)
And congrats again on 6 weeks.....:) :) :) :) :) :) :hug: ❤️

venuscat 11-10-2020 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7539227)
TC what a beautiful post. It sounds so comforting :hug: Goodnight

Suze, Hope and Karen, now I have an idea about the dogs... I could get a couple of dogs and train them to take into aged care facilities, to bring some light and joy into the older people’s lives in residential homes. It is definitely a possibility here. I have thought about it before, but now I’m wondering if perhaps I might actually look more seriously into the possibilities of me doing this. I love dogs and I love talking to and working with senior citizens ❤️

It is the best idea ever.... !!!! :) :hug: ❤️

Sober369 11-10-2020 05:12 AM

I love that idea too, Willow! That's what Charley was supposed to do. He loved the training and getting petted by so many people. He now thinks he is a star. I think he would have liked it more if he'd had a fellow dog with him. He did get tired of it sometimes and just wanted to run and play.
Coz, I'm sure you will do great! It would be a little nerve wracking for me, too. But you have so much to give and this is such a great opportunity for you to share it.
TC, your snowy scene sounds cozy and beautiful. I need to trim branches, too. What do you use, a power saw? They scare me so I used a hand saw for a few and that was exhausting, I won't do any more that way.
Have a blessed and beautiful day all!

venuscat 11-10-2020 05:15 AM

I would use one of your sons for that dear Karen.
Or I would hire a gardener to trim the branches....I am not ever going anywhere near a saw. :) :hug: s