Notices

Class of May 2020 part 11

Old 11-21-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I say go to bed a bit earlier and enjoy that glorious sunrise guys.....there is nothing like a gorgeous Aussie morning.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I agree Suze I’m generally in bed by 8.30pm anyway lol
Old 11-21-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its the sun and the heat and the cicadas in the morning Suze.
Small price to pay for paradise

D
Old 11-21-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I hear you.

Those cicadas could keep it down a bit though, don't you think? Sheesh.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I am really homesick today....just whacked me over the head.
Missing my sisters and missing Melbourne.
Missing the beach and missing the Aussie way quite frankly.
Just saying.....sorry....all about me.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry didn't mean to make you homesick Suze - I'm sure there are lots of good things in your life there now, even with the pandemic etc

D
Old 11-21-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

No sorries.....you didn't do anything dearest Dee.

Lots of family stuff happening and messages....wishing I could be there brought up a lot of emotions.
Plus irrespective of a lovely husband, I miss Aus heaps.
Just got mooshy and overwhelmed today.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope tomorrow is better

D
Old 11-21-2020, 08:00 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Sending big hugs Suze
I totally hear you. I miss my family too, big time.
I know I’m not in another country like you are, but lately I may as well be. I grew up in another state, and interstate travel just aint happening at the moment, hasn’t been since March. I had planned a trip home in April as I hadn’t seen my family in ages. I spent so much money travelling back and forth when Mum and Dad got sick and passed away 2 years ago that there wasn’t much left to visit home after they passed, so I was really looking forward to that trip home in April. But hopefully we’ll get freedom to travel again soon, and I’ll be going to see my remaining family as soon as I can....

Sober Sunday here. I went to a yoga class which was fun, now I’m home for the afternoon to relax, and maybe go for another walk later to the beach
Old 11-22-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Suze, I'm sending a big hug, too. I sure wish you could hop on a plane and go to Australia for a bit. I hope today finds you feeling happy and at home.
WWII was a horrible thing. I love documentaries, which one is it, TC?
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
nmd

Hey class - my son is doing well and his quarantine ends this week- thank you for your kind words. No fever or other symptoms, so I think he's out of the woods. I'm sure we'll have other close calls though given the rise in cases locally. I can't wait for a vaccine to be available. I've never camped out for concert tickets or black Friday shopping, but I'd camp out for a vaccine if it meant I could get one. I couldn't get a test appointment for my son as he is asymptomatic, so I went to a walk in at a for profit clinic and wait a hour and a half in my car before getting called in for testing. How we are here with inadequate testing in November I have no idea. Nothing about the rebound in cases should be a surprise

WL- We're locking down like Toronto. Where I live in Erie county just switched to an orange zone. Schools are all remote, no indoor dining, high risk businesses or gatherings greater than 10. It's kind of a relief for me as my family has exposed even while I'm not, and they are all home now. My wife is temporarily home because people she works with are quarantined.

I had a surprising number of situations where I had to meet with people in the past month. my license expired and I wanted to get the new real id license ,(in the US, there's new requirements for getting on an airplane: you need a passport or one of the newer licenses.), my kids passports expired and I wanted them to have valid passports, and I had to get some documents signed with a notary. (Oh yeah, and I voted in person) Everyone was very processional and I'm glad to get everything done. The folks at the DMV were notably on edge though. I really have to feel for anyone working in public service right now.

Stay safe and sober everyone and have a good thanksgiving if you are in the US. :-) It's snowing here, I need to go finish cleaning my garage so I'm not brushing of the cars when we get a real snow fall.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Free.

Hey Karen.
The documentary is ‘greatest events of WWII in colour’ on Netflix. There are 10 episodes; each a different campaign or battle. Amazing stuff.

Today is about doing some things around the house, preening for work (contact with students for next 3 weeks), and trying to relax. I always get worked up a bit heading into a new session.

I DO NOT agree with the decision to have students in the shop. Wish my facilitators would agree to defer the training for 3 months or so in hopes of a vaccine.

Have a nice day all!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

We are purple here nmd....and on a 28-day lockdown.
It appears that most people are taking this seriously, other than my neighbour who is still going out all over the place and her son just came home from college in Virginia, again. I am wiping down the shared front door a lot.

Also think they are mad dear TC to allow face to face learning right now. I do not get it.

And thank you Karen honey....although if they let me visit Aus right now I doubt I would come back.

Let's have some fun today guys ~ we deserve it!!!!
Movie time maybe?
Or music?
We can dance around the house.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Coz

No time to have fun here in Aus Suze. It's the start of the working week! And, I don't think Australia is going anywhere anytime soon, so start planning a holiday! 2021 is going to be a much easier year for everyone, so good times are getting closer where ever we are.

Nmd - hope things settle for you and your test results are negative. It does sound like a vaccine is now imminent, so a game changer is coming up soon.

TC - best wishes for a successful face-to-face session. Stay safe and try not to get too worked up over things you cannot change.

Karen - how's your plan going? A bit hesitant to ask incase it is a sensitive topic, but also keen to support you in creating your new sober life and looking after your health.

Hope - you have gone quiet! Is everything OK in your world? Thinking of you!

Willow - hoping we both have lovely weeks at work with lots of smiles, no stress, time for us and lots of things to be grateful for. I've woken up (too early again) to three bush stone curlew and four kangaroos outside my window. I love waking to wildlife, but not so keen on the getting woken by wildlife. It's the early morning bird chorus that wakes me.

Off to work for me. Big hello to everyone. Take care and smile.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Morning Coz honey ~ have a good day! ❤️
Old 11-22-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Morning Coz, and evening? Suze
The bird chorus woke me up too Coz mostly rainbow lorikeets, noisy little things (but oh so pretty).
Just having coffee and getting ready for work.
I agree Coz, a not too stressful week will be wonderful
Old 11-22-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

They are my favourite birds on the planet....well, the cardinals here are pretty special too.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Morning Coz, and evening? Suze
The bird chorus woke me up too Coz mostly rainbow lorikeets, noisy little things (but oh so pretty).
Just googled rainbow lorikeets. My, they're gorgeous!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by Devizes View Post
Just googled rainbow lorikeets. My, they're gorgeous!
I did the same.

They sure look splendid in flight.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Free.

double post...oops