Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 15

Old 09-22-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, just checking in whilst having my first cup of tea of the day, it's still very dark outside and it's pouring down too, so goodbye glorious weather. My washing machine broke yesterday half way through a wash, so once I've taken Owen to school I need to ring a man who can, I've been given a couple of numbers so that's my first job when I get back home.

Suze, to be honest the new guidelines will not make much difference to me I don't think. I rarely go to pubs, unless for a meal and I can't remember the last time I was out after 10 pm anyway. The 6 people rule is fine, I can do that and I wear a mask anyway, I wash my hands often and I sanitise constantly, I worry more for my mum's mental health, though she's as fit as a fiddle, she's 87 and if she can't get out and about, she gets very lonely and down in the dumps.
You're sounding really good and I'm so glad that your mum is doing well. I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning if you're going to have your walls plastered, it makes one hell of a mess and you'll be dusting for weeks after.

Morning Erratic, how's it going? I hope you are okay. Thinking about you.

G. afternoon Dee, how are you? Are you heading into spring now? I'm guessing so and that's one of my favourite seasons.

See you all later, better go and get showered and dressed.

lots of love xx
Old 09-23-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good night Aprils/ Good day Dee.

Lots of love to you all. xxx
Old 09-23-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x sry been quiet, been bz with putting back some of the books in bookcase which took like 3 and half hrs alone it self lol. im not doing to bad. still tired and my moods are still up and down, but im trying to cope x havent heard from anyone this week at all, even the doc from detox or alcohol councillor, so not sure whats going on there. looks like sofa isnt coming until 21st oct now, as i tried phoned twice and first time was waitinf 15 mins to answer then lost connection, so then again waited to connect and they said again sry and the vender emailed back saying that they have had alot of orders, and end of the phone call she said would u like to see if i can get u compensation as its out of the 4 week deadline and said sure and she said she will speak to her manager and ring back in 5 to 10 mins, never head anything back. so cant be arsed just now to follow this up. sry to hear about ur washing machine daisy, hope u managed to get it sorted. snitch also good to hear about ur mum, sry about u daisy about ur mum and not able to get out and about. my own mother and dad hasnt talked to me since june, but hey ho, im not going to be the one that gets intouch first anymore, so sry to say f em. anyway off for my tea, as yup its taht time for work, which not sure if i can be bothered with, but guess have to work to get money. x

hope u all have good day, and hello dee aswell xx
Old 09-23-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking about all you guys and the difficulties of life right now.

D
Old 09-24-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all of you, I hope you're all well, happy and sober. All good here, I'm just having a cup of coffee and waiting for a man to come and look at my washing machine, fingers crossed it's nothing too complicated.

Sounds like you've been keeping yourself occupied Erratic and that's good. It's not good though that you haven't heard from any of your medical people, you'd think one of them would have at least checked that you're okay. It's a bit of a bummer about your sofa, I don't what it is but it seems like you have to chase everyone up for everything these days.
I hope work goes quickly for you today and I hope all your customers are nice ones.

Thanks Dee, all we can do is take each day as it comes and do the best we can. I'm coping, the new rules haven't made any difference to me.

Hi Suze and Viper if you're about.

Lots of love xxxx
Old 09-24-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Mood right now: bit down in the dumps. A guy that I had a fling with years and years ago got in touch with me via fb and he was very complimentary and said how much he wanted to see me and I havent had any male attention for quite a while so the ild ego was lapping it up and he went on holiday for 2 weeks and whilst he was away I heard absolutely nothing and I have no idea if he is back now but the 2 weeks is up and nothing. To be honest, it isn't really what I want anyway and I have had time to reflect on that, it sounded like he was more interested in a booty call and actually I am not interested in that been there and done that too many times in the past. The problem is I have really low self esteem and when I was drinking I would place my self worth on a man finding me attractive and that is a load of bulls#$t and so I am working on taking better care of myself and boosting my self esteem by doing esteemable things like not engaging in dodgy contact with these type of men and this particular man is a type trust me. I am tired and when I am tired I can get a bit hard on myself so going to bed soon.

Daisy, I hope your washing machine gets sorted too. These new restrictions aren't going to really affect me either and besides I quite like being at home. In fact I am actually loving it. I am getting into a real routine and just feel , well, happy! I don't miss flying AT ALL!

Hey Erratic, are you still managing to stay sober? I am surprised as well no one has been in contact with you, are you still on the detox or has that finished now? Its a pain about your sofa but 21st october will be around before you know it and def go for the compensation!!!

Hi Dee,

Hope Viper is ok.

Night you lovely lot xxx
Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey snitch sorry it came to nothing but maybe that will prove to be a good thing in the long run. I couldn’t imagine dating in lockdown anyway. Ugh.

D
Old 09-24-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x hey snitch depending on where he went on hols maybe he never got back due to covid and all that kind of stuff xx keep looking after urself and i understand the lack of self asteem x
daisy hope ur got washing machine fixed, its a pain when that happens x
on detox yeah finished that last sunday, did end up having a drink but back on track again so i have had 10 AF days our of 12 which is far better than i have done in past year or so. I am bit cheesed off from not hearing from anyone though, but sod it will find out if alcohol councillor will phone on monday maybe. if not i am still doing this naked mind thing, just have to catch up on some homework from that.
Hub got email from the place we are getting sofa from they said would compensation of 60 pounds be ok? so guess in the end they have tried even though they never did phone. your right snitch 21st will be here soon enough im sure, unless there is enother bugger up. anyway better leave it there as time is going quickly this morn lol im just thinking slow and better get that 2nd cup of tea on. hope u all have good day xxx thinking of you all aswell, hope u are well also dee xx
Old 09-26-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I hope you're all well etc. All good here, I'm just having a morning coffee, I had a cup of tea earlier so no doubt I'll be piddling for England in a bit, lol. It looks quite bright and sunny out there, though it's definitely a lot colder. I got my washing machine fixed and the man only charged me £30.00 which I thought was really good, I was expecting double that or more, so I'll definitely be keeping his number. I've got a big wash load in now and so far, so good.

Suze, don't be down in the dumps re that man, your worthy of better, carry on making looking after you your priority, everything else will fall into place when the time is right. He's a blast from the past and you know where the past belongs.
I'm really happy that you're enjoying being a home bird so much, make the most of it, have you had any thoughts yet on what you do want to do work wise?

Erratic, you're doing really, really well, 10 days sober out of 12 is excellent, I'm just not happy that no one has contacted you, in fact I think it stinks, they should be giving you the support you need, they'll probably put the blame on the Covid situation when they do get round to phoning you, that's the excuse that everyone seems to be using.
It's a pain re your sofa, but like Suze said, it will be here before we know it, it's the end of September next week and at least they're giving you some compensation, £60 isn't too bad, you could buy something for your room maybe, a new picture or a lamp, or whatever. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone, considering it's been such a strange one.

Hi Dee, I hope you're good and well and enjoying life. Where are they up to with the Covid restrictions where you live, have they lightened up a bit yet? Stay safe anyway.

See you all later, I'm off for a shower and to get dressed.

Lots of love to you all. xxx
Old 09-26-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi DB and everyone

things are probably the closest to normal here right now since March. We have limits regarding the number of people allowed to congregate but not too much else. Of course it can all change in the space of a few days, but this coming week so far is looking good.

D
Old 09-26-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

You're in a better place right now than us then Dee and lets hope it stays that way. It seems to be escalating rapidly again here,I shall just carry on as I have been doing all along, wearing my mask, washing my hands and sanitising regularly. Take care anyway.

Back tomorrow, goodnight all.

lots of love xxx
Old 09-26-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Daisy

D
Old 09-26-2020, 10:24 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
thats good dee that things are not going to bad just now where u are x im same as u daisy, keep wearing mask and washing hands as much as can and really just limiting where we go. I know where daughter is that they are not allowed to mix in gardens or mix famiy and other stuff, but saying that pubs is open so who knows how this will all play out. i know a number of university up my end had to self isolate but then found out a couple of schools in my area has reports also of covid. either way, unless we all go back to lock down in everything again cant see it going away. nvm enough of that, i think we are all getting sick of this but what do we expect from humans x darn thats my time up lol need to grab my second cup of tea. and daisy yeah im not to happy either about being left and not hearing anything from anyone, got cpn phoning on wed so we will see when alcohol councillor will phone. it prob be monday that was his usual day.

have a good day all x
Old 09-27-2020, 03:20 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi again, hope you've all had a good Sunday, we got emails from school last night saying the reception class and yr 4 are to stay off school and isolate for 2 weeks as a couple of the parents have the virus and the children of one of them are showing symptoms, I hope they will all be okay. My g.son is most put out that his year, yr 6, still have to go into school, he thinks he is badly done to, bless him.
Other than that we've had an electrician putting electrics in our new shed, a light and a couple of sockets, so I can have a tumble dryer and a small freezer in there. That took most of the day but I'm pleased with it.

Erratic, I hope you get those phone calls this week, if you don't then I would advise you to contact them and find out what is going on. It really isn't good enough.

I'm off to check up on my other threads so goodnight and love to all of you.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I went to bed early last night with Seren and now I am awake! Perfect chance to write here.

Daisy, it seems to me , this tine around that covid is so much more real as ib it really is getting closer rather than further away. Seren's school isn't affected at the moment but I have heard other schools are in the Brighton area and I am hearing of more and more people testibg postive. I like you are am just foucsing on what I can control so I am doing my bit, wearing my mask; habd washing, sanitizing etc. It still amazes and angers me too how many selfish some are and how they are giving staff of restaurants etc a hard time because they don't "want" to wear a mask. In fact it makes my blood boil but I have to keep saying the Serenity Prayer.

The first lockdown with covid I didn't feel particularly scared but it is starting to get to me a bit now and I am quite concerned about contracting it or Seren contracting it. I was out on Saturday as had to do a bit of food shopping and I went and got my nails done and I don't know, I felt really anxious being out which is a new one for me and I couldn't wait to get home and close the door on the world. Its a strange and scary time.

Erratic well done on your alcohol free days. How are you finding it and are you feeling better in yourself? Good on getting the compensation for your sofa! I am going to order a new one when I get my redundancy money!! How is your daughter and your grandson's doing?

I am feeling better about the man sitiation. I knew dekp down it wasn't going to go anywhere and that I was fetting a buzz from the attention, its made me realiemse what I do and don't want. I still havent heard anything from him, but that is his s#@t nit mine so see ya!

Other than that all is good. Loving being home with Seren and my ,guineas. Got really amazing friends in my life, old and new. My eatibg is great. 3 balanced meals a day (although 2 of them are Juice plus shakes) and 2 healthy snacks and I abstain from sugar, wheat/gluten, deep fried food and I feel 100x better plus the weight is coming off and am now in my size 12 jeans and wearing clothes I hadn't been able to wear for ages! My ankle is alot better and have been able to do some yoga but still trying to take it easy

starting to feel sleepy now. Its good to check in with you guys

Lots of love

Old 09-28-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Ughhhh have felt horrible all day today. In fact so horrible that the thiught of drinking seemed quite appealing.

I am thinking of going to see my doctor. My mood swings are quite up and down and I am wondering if I may even ne suffering from bipolar. I don't know. I can go from feeling so happy and on top of the world to complete desolation in the space of days.

Am sober and going to bed now.

Night all

Xxx

Old 09-28-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a doctor but I reckon most of the world is suffering from mood swings this year snitch?

D
Old 09-29-2020, 02:05 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

snitch im so glad u didnt drink, all the hard work u have done and im sry u was feeling horrible, i do hope u are feeling better today x
I eventually got my phone call from my alcohol councillor, so we had a bit of a talk, so will see how things goes from now, i have my cpn phoning tomo, again will see how that goes. otherwise ive just been doing some lessons on this path im doing and have also booked hubby to go for walk along the beach after his work tonight. so that should keep black witch at bay x
hope ur doing ok daisy? viper how and where are u hun? hope ur well also dee xx
Old 09-29-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling much better now Suze, but no harm in talking to your doctor all the same, if you're concerned about your moods. I'd be surprised if you were Bi Polar though to be honest, I think you'd know by now for sure if you had that.( but I'm no G.P. )
As Dee said a lot of people are suffering with mood swings at the minute, it's been a very odd year and no one has a clue really as to what we should do, I feel more unsettled than anything else with all the contradictory advice we're given. Take good care of yourself whatever. xx

Erratic, I'm glad you got that call at last, did he give you any explanation about not calling when he was supposed to? I hope you had a lovely walk along the beach tonight, I'm very envious, I would love to live near a beach.

Goodnight all with lots of love from me. xx
Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Omg i had some lip filler done yesterday and some filler for the lones around my mouth. only a little just to "freshen up" my face but this morning my lips are so swollen I look like a baboons butt !! She did assure me that this is normal and they will go down. I bloody hope so!

Anyway I have been feeling better yesterday and today and I can't imagine I am bipolar but I do need a chat with my doctor and a review of my medication. I think thats a good idea. I get that mood swings especially at the moment are probably quite common but suicidal thoughts? That is what worries me? Not that I feel they are so bad that I would act on them. I don't really want to kill myself. I can just sometimes go into morbid thinking that I don't wanna do life anymore and that people will be better off without me. Sorry for being doom and gloom on a wednesday morning but that is the truth.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are doing well Erratic and actually I feel like I should take a leaf out of your book and go for a nice eve walk on beach. My ankle is much better now, they are def giving the right advice to try and use it when you can as normal rather than keeping off of it continually. Its healing really well and I am going to look at rejoining my yoga studio (depending on whether they are actually open at the min of course!)

Daisy you sound really good and Dee too. Where is our little Vipe? I will message gim and kick him up the butt haha.

Happy wednesday all. Please pray that my lips go down 🤣🤣🤣🤣