Notices

One Year And Under Club Part 66

Old 10-17-2020, 12:59 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Charon, I was lucky with Molly she was eager to please and intelligent so the easiest dog I've had to train. Even so as a pup, accidents happen. There are puppy pads out there you place on the floor near a door, and if they can't get out the house in time, at least they can use that. Saves carpets and flooring from smell or damage. I trained Molly to 'go to order' now she will 'be clean' any time I ask her on any spot of ground I put her on. Remember you are Alpha dog in your family and be firm but quick with the encouragement and praise.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:48 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Well, getting up at 2 am wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it seemed to work. Time will tell. I'm sure there will be wee hours when I would much rather turn over and just sleep, but Ruthie is worth it. I moved her kennel to the room where my computer is. She is asleep in her kennel next to me as I'm posting this. I think I'm going to get another kennel for the original area and keep this one by the computer. It will make getting her crate trained a lot easier.

My daughter and her boyfriend are stopping by today. It will be really good to see her.They and Mrs are going out for ice cream and I am invited. I doubt I'll go. First, I'm trying to lose weight. But, second, and more important, Mrs & I had a huge blow up over me asking her if she could quit banging around while Ruthie was trying to sleep.

Lately, when Ruthie is on my lap napping (which she disapproves of), she has been making noise and doing other things that wake Ruthie. It seems deliberate - even if it's subconcious. I know that doesn't make sense but ... Anyway, we had a huge row and she had been saving up all kinds of things about Ruthie (who she " loves to death" - yeah right). I told her she should find someplace to live for a month or two while I trained Ruthie. The return was I wouldn't ever get Ruthie trained because ... (a long list of unreasonable bushwah). So I changed my request from a month or two to permanently. Hope she does it. I'm really tired of her passive/agressive, narcissistic crap.

SOrry for the rant but sometimes I just get so tired of dealing with her on top of everything else.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Coz

Hey Charon - if it's not too late, I suggest you go for ice cream! Why? Ice cream is yummy, it doesn't take too much extra exercise to rid those extra calories, you will get to spend more time with your daughter, it will help Ruthie learn to be home alone, and you shouldn't let your argument with Mrs result in you missing out on a special occasion. Just my thoughts - I'm sure you will do what is right for you!
Old 10-17-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hello Undies,
Had a busy couple of days, I chaired a local fundraiser and am so incredibly tired! Hit the pillow last night and slept like the dead. Woke up and within a few hours, I headed back to get some more shut eye. I volunteer a lot in our town and this was my first opportunity to get out and about, volunteering since March. It makes my soul sing. Had a few hiccups that were beyond my control, solicited feedback and have notes for the next time. Sober me sure did miss this. It was great to pull skills out of my toolbox and have them clean and strong. As a reward, I have given myself permission to do nothing today other than the absolutely necessary.
I reached out to a sober friend of mine recently. She just celebrated her 10 years of sobriety. I wrote her a message the other day, thanking her for her example of Grace through sobriety. I shared that I have also become sober and we had a wonderful chat about it. I have another sober friend that I would like to tell, the timing just hasn't felt right yet.
We have a dog and some cats. I agree that kitties are easier to litter train. My heart goes out to all of the puppy piddle training! It will happen
Glad to hear you decided to take the job, Coz. It is entirely appropriate to respond to a job offer accepting and also requesting additional compensation (time, money, location). The worst they can say is, No.
Happy Sober Saturday all!
Old 10-18-2020, 12:46 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Glad you've been doing something you enjoy Kaptn, and enjoyed your day off after it all.

Coz good points all

Charon, I hope things work out one way or another with you & Mrs as the arguments are not easy to live with ( and will unsettle Ruthie as well!)
Old 10-18-2020, 01:52 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Sunday evening here. I think. I'm not really sure what day it is any more. If it IS Sunday, then I go back to work on Monday after two weeks off. I was very burned out and I feel quite a lot better after doing nothing for two weeks but sleeping and doing positive things for my recovery. It's not even 8pm yet and I'm just going to have a shower and go to bed. I think I'm done for the day. Have a good one folks.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is Sunday - sleep well Patcha

D
Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

@Coz - I went and it turned out ... well not sure. Got a call from my daughter later - she hoped that in the future we could either meet seperately or only together if we are OK. Seems that vibes were flowing. Looks like Mrs is looking to move out, so it shouldn't be a factor in the future. It will be such a relief if Mrs decides to leave.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

These things are hard to navigate, Charon. I understand. Likely it will be reflection that brings clarity, until we have that, we do our best. I'm happy you went to see your daughter. That she called to offer a solution to improve future visits is wonderful. That sounds like a relationship that will remain strong. My sympathy on the situation with the Mrs. I've been married before so I understand how these things can go. I'm happy you have Ruthie to focus on, and she sounds like she's ready to give you a run for your money!

Surprise visit from my Sister-in-Law and her family today. We got to spend breakfast together, it was a pitstop on their way home. Nice to know I could get cleaned up and presentable without the usual masking ritual to try to hide a hangover.

Wishing you all a sober Sunday
Old 10-18-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Undies
Willow - I am thinking you must be back from your camping trip now, so home! I'm looking forward to heaing your tales of adventure and amazing wildlife photos .

Charon - glad you went for ice cream with your daughter. It is hard when relationships go sour for the kids involved. When I separated from my first husband, we sometimes had functions that we would both be at. For those times, we agreed that we should act like good friends for our children and also other friends that were there. But, your daughters suggestion is good in you meeting separately whenever possible. Despite the negative feelings between you and Mrs Charon, separating is still hard - so look after yourself (and Ruthie).

Kaptn - you are amazing. You fit so much in your life - how do you fit it all in? I would love to hear more about your volunteer work and what the fundraiser was for. Also, any chance of a photo of your dog (to provide Coz a puppy-fix for the day)?

Patcha - I guess you are back to work today? I'm so pleased you had a chance to recoup over your break - now comes the challenge of getting the work done but finding lots of time for you as well. What sort of work do you do? I hope your return to work is uneventful and everything goes well.
And I'm taking from your time zone in your last post that you are from the east coast of Australia?

Have a great day or evening everyone.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:46 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi everyone yes I’m back Coz, just been catching up with posts in all the threads I post in, it’s quite time consuming when I’ve missed a couple of days!

Adorable pups Fish ❤️ I’m so glad they have homes.

Charon that sounds really frustrating, I hope a solution comes soon.

Monday morning and I’m off to get organised for my day.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Catching up on reading the last few pages....and look at all the puppies!!!

Hope all works out w/ Ruthie & the whole situation, Charon.....she is just too stinkin' cute!

Congrats on the job Coz!
Old 10-18-2020, 11:30 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I hope your first day back went well Patcha.

Willow good to see you, hope you had a lovely weekend.

Coz you're sounding well and upbeat just now, hows the foot?

Purps my friend

Charon I hope you and Mrs find a civilised way to deal with the weeks ahead.

Kaptn, half your energy just now, please! I always feel ready to hibernate in winter. (Shudda been a bear for sure!)

FK, Captain Haddock, Bent et al hope you have a good Monday. (Tuesday if you live in the future as half our Undies appear to, we seem well served with 'Down Under Undies' )
Old 10-19-2020, 01:04 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Thanks Toots, I did.
This is where we went swimming near our campsite

Old 10-19-2020, 04:16 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

Quick post before calling it a day.

Toots - I am feeling pretty good again. It's been three weeks since my last drink - a long way to go to get back my over three months, but it is already good living a sober life again. I've been going without my moon boot and just strapping my foot when I'm hobbling around house and garden, so it is getting better. It will be much better by the end of this week - just in time for another camping holiday away.

Purps - thanks for the congrats on the job. I start in two weeks time so need to make the most of my unemployed lifestyle while I still have it!

Willow - you do have some nice camping spots!

Take care everyone and have a good week.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:48 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Looks like Mrs is looking to move out, so it shouldn't be a factor in the future. It will be such a relief if Mrs decides to leave.
Oh wow that is so stressful. Even if the relationship is over, it's still hard and I have found myself in that situation grieving for what was and what might have been. I hope you're ok.

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
What sort of work do you do? I hope your return to work is uneventful and everything goes well. And I'm taking from your time zone in your last post that you are from the east coast of Australia?
Yes I'm east coast Australia. I work with law enforcement and child protection. I love my work but I'm so tired. I keep asking my bank account when I can retire but it keeps saying not yet.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Funny, I don't think of myself as full of energy, although my husband disagrees. He says I'm like a shark, I have to keep moving. That is close to correct. I keep moving because there is a bunch of stuff I want to do! I volunteer wherever I can, Coz. I enjoy serving and I meet the best people. It was a luxury I couldn't afford when I was working. Just not enough time in a day. Remembering that, I serve as often as I can and whenever I find an opportunity. I have been the beneficiary of Charity, it works best when I give back.
Installed the spooky fence that will surround our graveyard, today. We will fill it with a ton of those styrofoam headstones, fake pumpkins and plastic skulls. Need to use some zip ties on the corners where the connectors are broken first.
Now to work on uploading photos again. LOL

Old 10-19-2020, 11:28 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Patcha I can see how your work would be something you can't easily switch off, it it sounds like a rewarding job.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:05 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Coz

Patcha - wow you must have an interesting and somewhat confronting job. I laughed at you seeking your bank account's permission to retire. I sort of did something similar when I quit my last job. I thought I might be able to string out the funds until my real retirement age, but I would have been pushing if I lived beyond 65. So I guess I am thankful that I have a chance to take on an interesting 30 hour a week position and still have lots of long weekends to explore all the wonderful places close to home.

Kaptn - from this cyber distance, I think your hubby is right. You are such an active shark! I get the joy of volunteering. I'm really enjoying the volunteer work that I've been doing, but it is only about 6 hours a week I will be sad if I can't keep it up after returning to work. It isn't so much the hours but the times will clash with my working hours. Looking forward to seeing your photos of your haunted house.

Hi to all the Undies and our supporting Overs
Old 10-20-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

When I decided that I would be Ruthie's "rescue human" little did I know how true those words would be. She has become my focus and is keeping me occupied. It's good to have someone (I know she's a dog) that depends on me and gives unconditional love. It is uncomfortable here. We are keeping out of each others way but I can't wait for her to move out.