Notices

One Year And Under Club Part 66

Old 09-06-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Purpiks - only two days left. I'll pack tomorrow and put everything in the car, ready to go for early tuesday morning. I want to only have to make my coffee and get in the car and go as early as I can tuesday morning. It's a 12+ hour drive time plus stops. The destination is in the central time zone, so I gain an hour clock time. Still a long drive. On the way back I'm stopping half way to overnight at a pet friendly Quality Inn. I can't wait.

Today I'm going to do a last dive and then some snorkeling. I serviced my pony regulator valve and re-configured all my gear yesterday so I should have a good last dive. Mrs is going too, and she will be paddleing. She doesn't dive and I can only sometimes get her out snorkeling. That's OK. She can only sometimes get me out hiking. LOL
Old 09-06-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Coz

I'm heading away. Take care everyone and I'll catch you on my return (no doubt with happy snaps!).
Old 09-06-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Safe travels y'all
Old 09-06-2020, 10:41 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Safe travels Charon, can't wait to see more Ruthie pics!
Old 09-07-2020, 03:12 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Safe travels Coz and Charon

Looking forward to some photos of your trip Coz
And photos of Ruthie Charon

Monday night and I’m off to bed, goodnight everyone
Old 09-07-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Yeserday was a great way to end the season. Did a nice dive in full gear, snorkeled, and did a short dive in minimal gear. Everything worked fine and I picked a bag of trash off the bottom of the river. This morning I'll be putting all my gear away to wait for next years diving season.

The rest of today I'm packing my stuff and getting everything in the car for the trip. I want to leave as early as I can tomorrow morning. It's a very long drive - 12½ hous plus stops. I overnight in Dandridge, Tn and get Ruthie at 10 AM the next morning about 5 minutes from where I'm staying. I'm driving back as far as Winchester, Va (I hope) and doing an overnight there. Thursday morning I do the final run home. I'm going to have my hands full at least until Friday, so I doubt I'll be posting till then. Wish me luck.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Have fun Charon!
Old 09-07-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Enjoy the road trip Charon. I love road trips, and how exciting that Ruthie is coming home!

Yesterday I went to the beach for a walk early before anyone else ventured there. It was lovely as I had the place to myself before others arrived. It’s a quiet part of the world anyway, but sometimes there can be quite a few people flocking to the beach. Yesterday I timed it perfectly. I’ll go early again today as I’m not working today

Old 09-07-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Charon
Do Not Speed in Smythe Co., VA

We went to Tennessee this weekend and yours truly got popped.
There were cops pulling people over everywhere

Safe travels
Old 09-07-2020, 10:47 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Ouch FK, I bet that hurt! I've never yet got a speeding ticket in nearly 40 years! ( more by luck than by adhering to the laws of the road!)

Happy travels Coz and Charon
Old 09-08-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I have to admit that I’ve had quite a few speeding tickets over the years, all the lowest level over the limit, but still! I’ve now got cruise control in my car and haven’t had one in a few years, phew!
Old 09-08-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I stay around 8 over 99% of the time they wont mess with you. This time I had turned my cruise off because I was in a little bit of traffic and had just jumped in the passing lane and wasn't paying enough attention to my speed and crept to 11 over and they were there waiting for me.

Oh well the state of VA will be $145 richer. Maybe they will patch a pothole.

Have a great day undies! You overs too!
Old 09-09-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi Undies
Old 09-09-2020, 10:44 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hi Willow, hows things with you?

How is everyone doing with the covid situation? How does it affect different parts of the world? Here in our part of Spain we have to wear a mask outdoors at all times except eating, drinking and exercising. We are heading back to the U.K. tomorrow which is seeing increases - mostly among the young- us it's causing concerns of another lockdown. companies can not afford that so I don't see it happening. I know the stress and isolation has caused a few relapses - and also caused a few drinkers to drink much heavier. Control has been taken away from us over our basic living conditions and drinking is something we can chose to decide how we control. It is also his some evade the situation rather than cope.
it is a tough and scary time to be in early recovery, so be free to open up about how it feels if you need to.

Be Strong, Be Safe, Be Sober
Old 09-09-2020, 11:25 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hi undies, I haven’t been on this thread for years.

Toots,
the mask rules in California vary by county but they are pretty similar to where you are it sounds like. In March I kept working as an “essential worker” and keep in mind I was not sober to start with, but I was maintaining at work before covid. So as an alcoholic that was barely maintaining, I quickly lost all control and all the new stresses from work because of covid became my new reason to drink.
Anyway, things ended badly of course, but they led me back to sobriety. Now I’m learning how to deal with stress and all the emotions in healthy ways. 21 days and grateful to be here. I’ve been enjoying reading all of your posts
Old 09-10-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Welcome back Siesta!

Yeah Toots I'm definitely glad I'm not drinking....especially with all this Covid crap ~ my nephew tested positive a few weeks ago (He's in another state across the country) but he did the 14 day quarantine and was just cleared to return to work.....fingers crossed....our boss at work discourages the whole mask thing which is super frustrating, plus I can't comment further without it getting political....so, more fingers crossed....

I hope Charon's road trip is going well ~ maybe we get to see some Ruthie pics soon!

Old 09-10-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Welcome back siesta!
Old 09-10-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Welcome back Siesta

Yes, can’t wait to see some Ruthie pics Charon

I’m ok thanks Toots, up and down emotionally but still sober at day 80
Old 09-10-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 80 Willow

Siesta, I remember you! (Vaguely, much has happened since I first came here!) you will need to remind me more about yourself, but I definitely remember your name! I'm sorry this pandemic has caused you to struggle so, but welcome back and congrats on 3 weeks
Old 09-11-2020, 03:02 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Coz

Just a quick check in - still on my road trip and having lots of adventures! I've posted some of my pics and travel tales in the May 2020 thread if you want a virtual trip around just a few spots in Central Queensland (Australia).

Toots - you must be back in the UK now? How did the move 'home' go?

Siesta - great to see you with the rest of us undies. Welcome!

Willow - congrats on 80 days. A great milestone achievement!

FK - ouch re speeding ticket. At least you could feel confident that they couldn't get you on a DUI as well.

Charon - hope the trip went well. Looking forward to seeing your photos of Ruthie.

Purps - sorry to hear about your Nephew. This virus is sure throwing nearly all of us into a spin. I can't wait until I get a chance to see my kids again - just don't know when that will be as our borders are shut very tightly at the moment.

Big hello and hug to all the undies checking in here .

One little tale from me. Yesterday in Australia was RUOK day. It’s our national day of action when we remember to ask, “Are you OK?” to anyone in our lives that are struggling with life’s ups and downs. This year is particularly important as so many of us are struggling.
On my travels, I found a painted rock - an initiative of one of the many rock painting 'facebook' clubs around Australia. It was their way of sending out positive messages to everyone in the community - not just their close contacts. I thought I'd share it with you as it really made my day: