View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Kaptn

Hello Undies,
Had a busy couple of days, I chaired a local fundraiser and am so incredibly tired! Hit the pillow last night and slept like the dead. Woke up and within a few hours, I headed back to get some more shut eye. I volunteer a lot in our town and this was my first opportunity to get out and about, volunteering since March. It makes my soul sing. Had a few hiccups that were beyond my control, solicited feedback and have notes for the next time. Sober me sure did miss this. It was great to pull skills out of my toolbox and have them clean and strong. As a reward, I have given myself permission to do nothing today other than the absolutely necessary.
I reached out to a sober friend of mine recently. She just celebrated her 10 years of sobriety. I wrote her a message the other day, thanking her for her example of Grace through sobriety. I shared that I have also become sober and we had a wonderful chat about it. I have another sober friend that I would like to tell, the timing just hasn't felt right yet.
We have a dog and some cats. I agree that kitties are easier to litter train. My heart goes out to all of the puppy piddle training! It will happen
Glad to hear you decided to take the job, Coz. It is entirely appropriate to respond to a job offer accepting and also requesting additional compensation (time, money, location). The worst they can say is, No.
Happy Sober Saturday all!