Notices

Class of May 2020 Part Two

Old 05-19-2020, 01:10 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Welcome Berony

Outdoors-you have us now for support

Daria - glad to hear you had a better day

TH -great to see you are on day 3-it does get better from now on

Fallow/Venus - am intrigued to watch Ozark now!

Day 8 - slept 8 hours last night. Proper solid sleep. Woke with a thick head but feel fantastic now! Making plans for when lockdown ends and going to go outside and do some gardening and painting today.

Have a great day/evening all!

Old 05-19-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Good afternoon class!

thankyou for the welcome messages.

This morning I woke from what I can only describe as the deepest sleep I’ve had since I can remember, I exercised myself to exhaustion yesterday early evening to get me through day one. Took a few hours to shake off a foggy head but am now feeling pretty good, roll on day two 😁

And welcome outdoors, we’re starting this journey on the same day, so good luck with everything
Old 05-19-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hello, fellow May classmates. Glad to see more joining this great group. Yay for good sleep and waking up sober.

It's early morning on the east coast (well, early for me @ 7:50) and the start of my day 27. Today, the Mister and I are going to get out of the house and go to a botanical garden. The outside part is open (with mask and keeping 6 feet from others), though the conservatories are closed. Looking forward to seeing the blooms.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Day 4 and high tension and anxiety. Wife and I are both at a life low where our careers are a mess. We feel bad.

The one thing that is good and will continue getting better is our mental and physical health from not drinking, and that is something to be happy about.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Things should continue to improve in that way PMAZ if you stay sober
Old 05-19-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Morning class, I do hope everyone is ok today.

A day of errands today: picking up stuff, dropping off stuff, getting things from the supermarket, and possibly making a few more face coverings for some friends.

Oh and laundry. There's always laundry. I'm blessed with a mountain of laundry because there are 5 people safe and healthy at home during this peculiar time we're living in. I might sound a little resentful about the laundry thing, but I'm genuinely grateful. Sobriety has an odd way of changing the way I look at things. I think I prefer it this way.

Be well everyone.

Catch up later.
I love having Brits and Aussies to talk to just so I can say washing rather than laundry. He he he.
Somehow, with just two of us here, I have tons of washing.
Today I am going to wash the shower curtain. And nothing else.
My machine sounds like an aeroplane.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tryharder2 View Post
Welcome outdoors and morning class. I really want to be able to reply to everyone and be more helpful but I struggle to remember what’s been posted by who. It’s all a bit overwhelming but I am reading every post and thanks to all of you for sharing.

Day 3 today, still feeling quite down in the dumps and it’s a grey day outside which I am sure isn’t helping. However, I am sober and things will get a little better day by day.

Hope everyone has a good day x
You being here is helpful dear TH. Big time.
Thinking of you and hoping today is a better day, even though it is yucky weather. s ❤️
Old 05-19-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berony View Post
Good afternoon class!

thankyou for the welcome messages.

This morning I woke from what I can only describe as the deepest sleep I’ve had since I can remember, I exercised myself to exhaustion yesterday early evening to get me through day one. Took a few hours to shake off a foggy head but am now feeling pretty good, roll on day two 😁

And welcome outdoors, we’re starting this journey on the same day, so good luck with everything
So glad you slept well dear Berony! That's wonderful. ❤️
Old 05-19-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LilyLady1 View Post
Hello, fellow May classmates. Glad to see more joining this great group. Yay for good sleep and waking up sober.

It's early morning on the east coast (well, early for me @ 7:50) and the start of my day 27. Today, the Mister and I are going to get out of the house and go to a botanical garden. The outside part is open (with mask and keeping 6 feet from others), though the conservatories are closed. Looking forward to seeing the blooms.
Oh wow.....I hope you are allowed to take photos.
Not sure if you know I am an insane gardener.....hundreds of plants.
Including 16 more petunias sitting on my kitchen floor (watered and happy under a plant light) that I need to find space for.
And I may have gotten 4 gorgeous starter geraniums in the mail yesterday.....my name is Suze and I am addicted to plants.

Hope you and your husband have a lovely time today. ❤️
Old 05-19-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PMAZ View Post
Day 4 and high tension and anxiety. Wife and I are both at a life low where our careers are a mess. We feel bad.

The one thing that is good and will continue getting better is our mental and physical health from not drinking, and that is something to be happy about.
More love dear PMAZ. s
I am with Reid....hoping it gets better for both of you every day. s ❤️

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
Things should continue to improve in that way PMAZ if you stay sober
And good afternoon to you love. Are you having fun with your new groovy PC? ❤️

..............I ran out of time yesterday (because I had so so much washing to do Mysti!!!!) so I will do the tv/movie list today.

And Fallow, maybe your daughter could study TV and Communication and get a degree in it. My dream.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Not sure if you know I am an insane gardener.....hundreds of plants.
[/QUOTE]

Venuscat, I am a master gardener volunteer in the county where I live. In that capacity I have worked in our demonstration garden, given talks to garden clubs, and supported programs for boy scouts, girl scouts, and elementary school children. But as for my own garden... well, the cobbler's children have no shoes! The spring bulbs are nearly done (still a few allium "purple sensation") but the knock-our roses are putting on a great show and the Asiatic lily foliage is well up.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Oh Lily, how wonderful.....a master gardener.

My husband and I have talked a lot about me starting a gardening business, but we are renting here, so it will have to be down the line.

I am allergic to lilies, such a shame, they are so magnificent. Huge allium allergy.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good morning all-

working on day two here. Trying to keep my head on straight. Honestly though- I still feel terrible. It’s to be expected, but it’s frustrating. I have to be cautious not to let this turn into a self pity spiral- because that is a huge personality weakness of mine. I will use it as an excuse- and that turns into self destruction.

I’m just posting that to “say it out loud” and own it to an extent.

Thanks for the kind words from all.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:54 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

"Poor me, pour me a drink".........

I remember when I first heard that in the rooms, I was upset.
What do you mean I am having a self-pity party I asked?
That's just not true.....but it so was.

I don't think it's just you love, I think it is part of this disease.
It certainly is/was me as well. Big time.

s ❤️
Old 05-19-2020, 08:58 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My machine sounds like an aeroplane.
Mine makes a tired kind of whining noise.

I know how it feels
Old 05-19-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
love is the answer

My Dad split up a large fuschia plant in his garden last summer. He planted four separate pieces in pots and hoped for the best. Only two of them survived so he's planted one back in his garden and I bought the other one home today. I have no idea what colour the flowers are going to be, although I don't expect it will flower this year, it's still establishing itself in its pot I think. It'll be a nice surprise next year if I can get it through the winter though won't it?

My Mom loved fuschias. She and my Dad had several plants in their garden. It'll remind me of her every time I look at it.

Hoping all my classmates are doing well.

Stay close. We do this thing together.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

My mum did too.

If you have a grow light, and you can bring it inside for a bit, it should flower pretty fast....I have one in here right now that is red and white flowers. I think.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:45 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I'm going to be completely honest, it's day 5 and I want to drink. I've wanted to drink for the last 3-4 days, and I feel like I'm just going through my days white knuckling it. I know exactly what will happen if I go buy that box of wine or pack of cider, but I still want that fuzzy escape from the house, from lockdown, from the boredom, from all of this. It was a lot easier to quit last fall when I had other things going on. There's really no point to this post, I'm not going to drink, but just needed to get it out there to someone.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
"Poor me, pour me a drink".........

I remember when I first heard that in the rooms, I was upset.
What do you mean I am having a self-pity party I asked?
That's just not true.....but it so was.

I don't think it's just you love, I think it is part of this disease.
It certainly is/was me as well. Big time.

s ❤️
Yeah those platitudes that hit home really sting when we are being self centered.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Stick with us Daria, read and post. don't go to the shop. Distract your self, try urge surfing. Do something you enjoy, anything but drink. Eat and drink water too, I always find once I've eaten any urge to drink goes.