Notices

Class of May 2020 Part Two

Old 05-21-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

Wow - so many new posts while I was sleeping (or trying to anyway). Lots of positive new too!

TH - 5 days and feeling motivated - wonderful to hear. Wish I could get my motivation up a lot.

FF - you can do this. 2 days done and a huge walk too. Stay strong and stick to this forum if you even think about needing a drink.

Berony and Outdoors - congrats on 4 days! The worst of the withdrawals are out the way, now time to recover and chase away AV forever.

Maria - so great to stick with the plan despite the work stress.

Karen, WL, RAL, Citrus, TiredCarpenter, Dig, Daria - you all sound like you are doing really well in the sobriety challenge - congrats!

Mysti - you too seem to be doing really well, although your numbers made me think you might be seeing double (or triple).

Venus - love the way you managed to pick yourself up after some tough moments and continue to be so lovely and supportive to everyone.

Unknown - you have had a rough week. Thoughts are with you that you can find a way forward. You did make the call that you need some help. Might be time to have a chat with your doctor to try and make it a bit easier on yourself with so much going on in your life. Just know that your way forward will be so much easier with a clear head and being able to demonstrate that you are healthy and responsible person. The first few days (for me anyway) are c**p and hard to think straight or get anything done. Get through those first days and then start the battle to get your life back to where you want it.

For me, today is day 14, so I will have made two weeks at bed time tonight. More deck building today - although I think it will be slow as I am up to a really challenging section. At risk of too much info, I need to replace a joist which is 6 metres off the ground and then cut boards in around round posts and to fit under the house cladding. I think there will be some procrastination before I pick up the saw today.

To everyone else in the May class - hope you are doing well.

Thanks to everyone here - it sure makes this journey less lonely with so much communication everyday....
Old 05-21-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Unknown you sound very upset, reasonably so. Have you tried anything to try and calm yourself, like a long walk or hot bubble bath? Some self care might be helpful now?

Feel free to vent away. We are here to listen and help.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UNKNOWN36 View Post
Day 1 again. 2 day 1s in a row. I want help. I need help.

I cut up all my ex's clothes and broke all his gel balling and cosplay outfits. I also melted thousands of dollars of his lego collection. That stuff stinks when it melts
Actually, Coz' post just reminded me about DirecLine. They are amazing love....they helped me to save my life.

https://www.directline.org.au/
Old 05-21-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks Coz!!
Old 05-21-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

And yes, congrats from me too..... xx ❤️❤️
Old 05-21-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks Coz and 29 days Lily
Fixed the pix WL.

Unknown there is also https://www.counsellingonline.org.au for help with addiction etc

D
Old 05-21-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hello, May classmates. Closing in on dinner time here on the US east coast. That means I'm coming toward the end of day 29 of abstinence. Squee!
Old 05-21-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

congrats on 2 weeks Coz
Old 05-21-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Way to go on 29 days Lily! That is fantastic!
Old 05-21-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Congratulations on every one of your milestones.
So many sober days.....so cool.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by LilyLady1 View Post
Hello, May classmates. Closing in on dinner time here on the US east coast. That means I'm coming toward the end of day 29 of abstinence. Squee!
Congrats Lily! That is fantastic! I think that means one month tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the milestones! So great to see that.
Wasting, I love your picture. You didn't tell us you're a looker! He He. I was in a class about a year ago where everyone posted a picture of themselves and left it up for a day so we would have a better idea who we were talking to. It was kind of nice, but I can see how many people would not feel comfortable with it. In fact, I think some of the class skipped it.
Unknown, I hope you will contact one of the organizations shared here. You are in a really serious situation, and need some help with it. You have all of our support and I'm so glad you're posting, but I don't know what we can actually do other than offer love and support. Try not to drink today. Every last one of us started with one day.
I love your kitty Citrus.
I think it's amazing you are building a deck by yourself, Coz. What a huge job!
See you all later. Thanks for all the posts, it's so great to come here and see that. We are a fantastic class.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:03 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Daria, I have upset so many people over the years. The reason why is this happens is because we are struggling with addiction. Many people don't really understand what it's like. I have alcoholics on both sides of the family. Because we are posting here means we are not in denial about our afflictions. My mother was an alcoholic for 30 years and refused to ever seek help. She was a sociopath, I am sure. I am not a sociopath. But was hard to be frozen out from the family events.

You seem like a kind person. Don't listen to the negativity!
Old 05-21-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Not in any danger Sober369. Have been consulting with my doctor. Last binge was just beer. 43 years old. Not in a high-risk category. Just venting sometimes!
Old 05-21-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!, although I thought I had fixed it and took a nap. I am joking, but was up watching Netflix for too long. Couldn't figure it out. Too tired!
Old 05-21-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447553-class-may-2020-part-3-a.html
D
Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html