Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 486

Old 05-17-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 486

Welcome to the New24 Hour Recovery Connection.

Please join others in making a commitment to stay clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting your local time. You may post a special message or song or image or your story.

Anyone can volunteer to do something special for the group.
---------------------------------------------

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-485-a-16.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 485)

D
Old 05-17-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT....(ish ).

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation abcowboy ardy Awake61 Babs1234 Bailey3 badgerden bandicoot2 BarbieKen BeckoningCat BringingBackB Bubovski Canadian Koala CeeFarro Chaisson ChloeRose63 Citrus Coldfusion CrossYourHeart DaneK Daisybelle DaisyBelle7 Dee74 Delilah1 dizzybee Endoftheday erfra7 Erratic fishkiller FormerBeerLover Gabe1980 gatorman Gilmer (RIP) Goat goose333 GreenDog Hats Hevyn IcedVoVo JADIII jimmyJlover joandmelandhan julietUK Kaneda8888 kenton kevlarsjal2
Kris47 least LillianGish Lostmyoffswitch lyddie Mags1 mystified Neoo nez Nic233 nmd Noam19 NoGoingBack Optimist4ever57 PhoenixJ Pinky1 PurpleKnight Purplrks3647 Quincy quitter62 Rainman1 Ravel Red78 Reid82 Rose335 Saskia SeaSlug ShenzyT shortstop81 SnoozyQ Sober53 Sober369 soberista SoberLeigh sobermafia Sobertoday54 Soberwolf stargazer016 StartAnew68 Stubbs16 Sunflowerlife Sweetpeacan tgirl theVman31 Tictoc Tinker B TiredCarpenter tomls Treesofgreen TrueNewGirl Tynesider22 Upstairs venuscat Vinificent WeaverBird whopper wiscsober Willow68 yukonm Zanna zeppodog

Onward together!

Thank you dear abcowboy.

May 17, 2020

stargazer016 ~ 5 years & 1 month!

Congrats SG

D
Old 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear about Mabel Jo.
hugs
D
Old 05-17-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing you a great Monday dearest Dee. ❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi SR friends....Hoping we are all hanging in there and 24 more please. Staying strong in my commitment to learn to live a different way.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Venus...I hope you are feeling less overwhelmed? It's a terrible feeling and I am still figuring out healthy coping mechanisms myself. I hope you are getting some good feels today.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are so lovely.

Mostly I am doing better.
But I don't think it would be believable to come out of the breakdown I had this week and say I am all good.
I am better.

And the good feels come....like you caring.....that means the world. ❤️

How are you feeling now?
Is it a bit better today? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-17-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Suze - Good news that you are feeling a bit better.

Please may I have another 24 sober hours? Thanks!
Old 05-17-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi friends- how is everyone holding up?
Suze, I'm glad you are feeling a litte bit better. I have been thinking of you today.

It's been an emotional roller coaster over here. I have at least 1-2 days a week where I am in tears all day and usually crying myself to sleep at night. The added stress of going through a divorce while everything else in my world is turned upside down is just a lot.

Having said that, there are some bright sides. I am getting better at "home" schooling. We've finally settled into a routine that works and we've got one more month to go. My 5 year old graduates from PreK this week. His teachers are going to drive to all of the student's homes to hand the kids their diplomas. It's going to be adorable!

Things at work are going well and I got/took a management position this week. The workload isn't going to be a huge adjustment but I'm adding about 5 hours to my week, including one 10 hour day a week. It will be worth it, I am sure.

My ex and I are not getting along today. It's one of these days where we are better off communicating through email. I feel like I am doing all of the work in regards to the divorce agreement while he is busy looking for a new home. I totally get that he is focused on that, but I am getting resentful that he can't keep on track with the things the lawyer needs. I've been asking him to come up with a list of things he wants to take with him from the house, for the last 2+ months and he still doesn't have that list for me. I spent 6+ hours working on a COVID-19 custody plan (no childcare) and he can't seem to spend an hour on creating an alternative plan for when schools are back in session. I feel like I have to do everything and I find that frustrating. I call all of our meetings and send all of the emails with this information. He just sits there and responds instead of taking any initiative to help get this agreement done so we can divorce already.

Ugh. Sorry. Just feeling frustrated.
I did have a wonderful, 2 hour Zoom call with my besties today. It's the 3rd one we've had since all of this started.
Okay, need to get these boys showered and then play a card game before bedtime.
Lots of love to all of you and may this week be kinder than the last.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I felt you all day again love. ❤️

Unfortunately I think that is the way this is going to continue....with you organising what will be.
I wish it was different. s

Love and I hope bed-time and cards is fun.
Speak to you very soon.

I am so very grateful for you darling Sunny. ❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Sending Love to All.

Thinking of you Suze and hope you'll be feeling good again soon.

Sunday Blessings!

Love, joy, peace.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I felt you all day again love. ❤️

Unfortunately I think that is the way this is going to continue....with you organising what will be.
I wish it was different. s

Love and I hope bed-time and cards is fun.
Speak to you very soon.

I am so very grateful for you darling Sunny. ❤️
Card game did not go as planned. He gave up when he was losing and so I came back up to my bedroom. I spend most of my nights alone up here, when my ex is home. He tends to watch tv with the boys and there is no reason for me to be in there as well since we are usually not getting along. So I come up to my room. I even eat my dinner in here. It's just easier than being around him.
Sigh.

Grateful for you as well, dear Suze. I hope you feel even better tomorrow. We all need just a little break from these emotional ups and downs.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh baby. s
You know I get it.
And I am here always....and on the phone etc....
As you are for me. I just don't want you to feel alone, ever. (((hugs))) ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. Hopefully everyday you feel closer to peaceful.
I'm putting one foot in front of the other. It has been so important that I haven't drank through this stuff. I don't have much sober time and have had a relapse cycle because I have been coping with escapism through alcohol for a long time. Now I am really working on recovery. This is good, even though I am feeling down.

Time is our friend.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So much love. s

And yes, it is good, even if it doesn't quite feel like it yet. ❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of casual? Thank you.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Old 05-17-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see my father back to normal. He's been working outside in the yard without any issues now. At least I have that to be thankful for.
Checking in for 24.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That is amazing dear Whopper.....so glad your dad is doing better ❤️
Old 05-17-2020, 07:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi,

Feeling ehhh again .....

My sweet Ken wants my “ok” to start going to join his band mates in practices. Their drummer is getting married end of June. A Wedding with lots of guests, full on reception & the band is providing the music. The happy couple won’t cancel it. IF their chosen venue cancels , well then it’s postponed.

I am being totally selfish, I want my hubby safe. Ken says he will be and will practice social distancing & wear a mask. Huh?????? How is that gonna work ....

Of course, the members insist the band get together IN Person —- NO ZOOM etc etc

My HP is in control. Me , mere mortal, is not.
Sigh ....

In for my next 24
Bobbi