continues from
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html
D
Old 05-12-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Dee.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a good night. Thanks for the new thread, Dee!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all
Thanks for the new thread Dee - the last one was getting really long!
I just went through and read Part One again. There are nearly 30 of us battling the early stages of sobriety in May (so far). It would be great to hear from all with an update on how you are doing??
For me, day 5 today and doing OK. I feel so much better than day 1 already, but have a ways to go still.
Strength to all of you to make today a sober day.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5 dear Coz. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-12-2020, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi Coz and everyone else. I am on day 24 now. Very stressed and bored. Being driven mad by my family. So sick of quarantine and staying home. I am sure it would be much worse drinking though.

I am feeling much better physically, sleeping beautifully, and staying more calm and peaceful. Getting ready for bed so today is looking to be in the bag.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I also wanted to say, I have not really been getting any thoughts of drinking. Some quick thoughts of why not and what difference does it make have popped up but overall I am believing that sobriety is the way forward for me. I honestly could not say where it came from, just hoping to hang on to it.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Fallow

Congrats on 24 days! You are not alone in the COVID frustrations, but love that you are staying so strong against the temptation.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello, May classmates. Glad to see people checking in. Day 20 in the books for me.

Doing well. No physical withdrawal symptoms, no cravings. Not sleeping great, but it’s hard for me to say if that’s from giving up drinking or the whole unsettling pandemic thing and associated change from a normal schedule.

My husband has alcohol in the house, but i was never a whiskey gal (loathe scotch) and the red wine and vodka are not calling to me at all. If that changes I will ask him to keep them out in the trunk of his car or something.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats LilyLady! Envious of your 20 days and lack of cravings - good on you.

(I'm learning the emoticon additions in the current IT world)
Old 05-12-2020, 08:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Free.

So grateful for this community.

So pleased that Maria, Coz, and Fallow are on the beam and feeling better lately.For all of its difficulties, sobriety is such a gift. Way to go!

SR has made such a difference. I used to stumble at 15-20 days. Posting with everyone here has helped change that. 44 days now.

I LOVE that esteem,wellness, health, and hope are increasing each day.

What I DO NOT miss are: fear, hopelessness, shakiness, terror, depression, awfully low self esteem, shame, diarrhea, vomiting, sore guts, disdain of loved ones I hvve hurt, night sweats, headache, weakness, insomnia....

It is a terrible brand of hell to go through the first five days of recovery. May we not have to endure those days again. Whatever work that will take, count me in.

It is important for me to spend much time in my heart, and very little in my head.

Be well today, fellow SRers.

Much love.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Checking in to say Day #45 is in the books!!!

I don't consider it a stumble but I had my first "dishonest" interaction this evening. I had a friend over for a social distanced short visit and he usually brings a few cans of beer to share. He didn't this time! So, I had a sense of relief. We were both thirsty so I told him I had no beer to offer but I'd run in and get us some grapefruit soda waters. I apologized for having no beer and my big brave moment came next when I told him that I hadn't had a drink in 45 days. He didn't say much when I followed up by saying I wasn't going to be drinking at all anymore.

Then came the gaff - he asked if that meant I would have one at the next MLB game we go see? Or when we go to Boston Pizza before a movie? I responded dishonestly and said something like, "No. I mean well I guess yah okay."

That to me right there crushed me in the moment. I felt horrible. It's not the truth and I didn't stick to my message. And I have no reason to fear that I'd be pressured by him at all. It's just not that kind of friendship. I should've taken it the next step farther and told him all about why I was on Day #45... why I knew that many days had passed? Etc.

Anyways -- rant over -- ZZZ for me.

I did sit down and catch up on all messages. Given the above, it was a nice way to wind down the evening and get ready for bed. Then it came over me to make a post and just air it all out. I feel better already.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was a misstep but you can make it right when the opportunity arises dig.
I didn't want to let people down or disappoint them either - but in real terms that meant I could never stop drinking.
My true friends might not have understood why I stopped but they all supported me. I'm sure yours will too
Most people didn't get it anyway - they can stop after one or two - so I just go with 'no thanks I don't drink' now.
D
Old 05-12-2020, 08:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats Tired Carpenter and Dig! 44 and 45 days is fantastic. Keep up the great work.
I crumpled at day 61 last time, so keep your awareness and have a plan ready for when the AV voice gets louder.
Tired Carpenter - your citing of the now-gone symptoms was great for me who is still on day 5 and not over all of them yet.
Dig - you need a plan on how to get through your social outings. I used the line "I haven't had a drink for a few weeks and feeling much better, so I think I'll take a bit longer off the drink". That was me not comfortable with the label 'alcoholic'.
Well done both of you!

Old 05-12-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee
Congrats on day 5 Coz and 24 Fallow and everyone else
Great post Tired Carpenter, it has helped me read that this morning, thank you.
Dig - at least you didn't drink. Saying no to people can be difficult at first but gets easier with practice.
So I made it through the night and now on day 2. I am up early and feel better than I have felt in weeks, even though obviously not 100%. the sun is shining which I see as a positive sign.
I am going to have the best day I can today. Hope everyone else does too.Thank you
Old 05-13-2020, 12:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone! Congrats on your various sober days, were all doing it a day at a time. I am on Day 12 sharing a seat with WL on this sober train, it’s a relief to be this far away from my last drunk as was getting very worried I’d never get this far again. Have to agree with Coz about the “symptoms” list as a reminder how far I’ve come.

I hope you all have a wonderful day class! x
Old 05-13-2020, 01:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Is there still working going on with the site? I see the tool bar that used to be in the bottom right of the page gone now? It was handy as you could flick through what forum you wanted.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think they're tinkering with stuff to try and find out where the problems are.
I would treat everything as diagnostic driven temporary changes for now.
D
Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

i am back on day 1 due to i lost my dog last thur and what can i say? my daughter phoned me this morn and said we needed a chat, she told me that i cant continue in drinking every day like this and try get back to feeling positive or do something to get my head into gear. so guess here i am trying to put a positive step in posting instead of being quiet and shut down.

have good day, good to see so many people still on this thread and keeping up the hard work of giving up alcohol x
Old 05-13-2020, 04:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry again for your loss Erratic but your daughters right - you can't keep drinking.
Hugs,D