Notices

Class of May 2020 Part Two

Old 05-20-2020, 10:29 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Yeah.....I meant to comment earlier.....a book a day? That is amazing. You must read fast love.

I have a lot of hobbies too, and I love being at home so keeping busy is not an issue.....I bet there are more things you love to do Daria that you haven't had time for?
Or maybe there is a short online class you want to take?

I am going nuts here trying to understand which schools are properly accredited to study psychology (again) and counselling online.
I can't work it out. Perhaps you have an idea dear Daria? s
Old 05-20-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yeah.....I meant to comment earlier.....a book a day? That is amazing. You must read fast love.

I have a lot of hobbies too, and I love being at home so keeping busy is not an issue.....I bet there are more things you love to do Daria that you haven't had time for?
Or maybe there is a short online class you want to take?

I am going nuts here trying to understand which schools are properly accredited to study psychology (again) and counselling online.
I can't work it out. Perhaps you have an idea dear Daria? s
I've mostly been playing piano and watching TV/geeking out about stuff on the internet. Every time I get a craving, I go make myself play piano, so I may be Mozart by the time this is all over. lol May try to teach myself how to make proper GIFs, and of course my house is still awaiting my attention. No online classes for me this summer, due to scheduling and financial aid related issues.

Depends on what you're wanting to do with a degree? At a minimum, you'd want a school to be regionally accredited, but you also need to keep in mind if there is any special certification you need to do the job you're aiming for? Are you set on only doing online?
Old 05-20-2020, 11:15 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Mozart Daria. I love it.

Yes....online only for sure.
I have major allergies to perfume and last year when I went to school in person I got extremely sick, as in covered in eczema and my asthma was out of control.

I want to do a BA in psych (which I almost finished years ago, moron me), then a masters in counselling.
I would like to counsel families, kids, the elderly, people with disabilities.....that sort of thing.
I keep thinking I have found a school and then I read the reviews. It gets so confusing. Grrrr.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:24 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Anyway, just putting it out there in case you are bored and need something to research.
I will work it out. Somehow.

Late lunch here and then my tv/movie list....but just for now, have you seen the series called "Dead To Me" with Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini and James Marsden? It is fantastic and very very funny. Brilliant acting. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-20-2020, 11:36 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Mozart Daria. I love it.

Yes....online only for sure.
I have major allergies to perfume and last year when I went to school in person I got extremely sick, as in covered in eczema and my asthma was out of control.

I want to do a BA in psych (which I almost finished years ago, moron me), then a masters in counselling.
I would like to counsel families, kids, the elderly, people with disabilities.....that sort of thing.
I keep thinking I have found a school and then I read the reviews. It gets so confusing. Grrrr.
I'll message you later about this. My background is in psychology and counseling, so I may be of some help. The biggest thing you'll need to do is make sure you pick a good, reputable online school to finish your undergrad degree so you can ideally get into a CACREP accredited graduate program. CACREP is pretty much the gold standard of counseling program accreditation.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thank you love. Big time. s
Old 05-20-2020, 11:47 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Thank you love. Big time. s
No problem!
Old 05-20-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Day 1 again.

In April I went to psych hospital and my boyfriend of 9 years dumped me. I quit cold turkey. On Friday last week he took our 5 year old overnight. Then refused to return her because I drink too much. I am missing her a lot. I tried getting in contact with her yesterday but everyone has blocked my number. I drank a beer. I know alcohol doesn't help but I cracked. Now back to day 1 again. Today I am going to an online AA meeting. This is awful.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group dear Unknown s

Gosh that is hard....but we are all with you through this.
I hope you are able to find out where your child is and sort all of this out.
So much love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 05-20-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Unknown, I am really sorry to hear your situation. That sounds heartbreaking. But congrats on day 1, you can do this. Be gentle with yourself.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hello darling Citrus. s xx ❤️
Old 05-20-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't been posting. I decided to not be online as much mid March right after we were told school was done for the year. It's been really nice to spend this time with my kids without social media. To the point where I'm not posting or reading as much as I normally do when I am sober. I am very much now enjoying hangover free day with my kids!

Things with my daughter really have gone south though. So I need to stick close to make sure I don't drink. And that I will come here if a craving gets bad.

Day 9 though, yay! 😊
Old 05-20-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Finally warmed up here! I still don't know where people get their face masks. Everytime I ask, they are sold out. Amazon masks are behind on delivery. Half the building I live in have them. Apparently, I need to get up early and lineup for an hour. I am a night-owl because I am binge-watching a TV show. Not getting out of bed at 8am.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I mentioned to another Canadian friend that I will happily send you some dear WL...as in straight from Amazon.
Very inexpensive plain black neoprene ones....I think they are wonderful, and no clue why so easy and quick to get here.
So if you want, pls PM. s xx
Old 05-20-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Venus, just figured out that I used an expired debit card in my account with Amazon. I didn't realize that I had to update my new card. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

You'd make a great counsellor Venus Yes a book a day though nothing War and Peace like, more police procedurals, pretty gripping. Can't put down!!

Welcome Unknown, what an awful situation. can you contact a lawyer or some sort of legal services, even contact the police for potential child abduction though I suppose laws differ depending on where you are.

Citrus-good to see you and great you are having fun with the kids. My home schooling isn't going so well. I just can't get him to engage in the stuff. Not that there is loads of work being sent home but still. He reads a lot each day and does that BBC Bitesize so learning new things. Also doing a lot of outdoor tasks and jigsaws and lego. Just wish the schools could go back.

day 9 coming to a close. I'm frustrated though, why am I not losing weight, why do I not look LOADS better, silly I know. It took years to get into this mess, it will take longer than 9 days to get back to looking better. Plus I'm the wrong side of 40 for things to change very quickly. But as is probably the same for many of us we are wanting that instant result, that instant fix.

Anyway night all, or have a good day

Old 05-20-2020, 02:37 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I just thought it was coming to my door and waited. Forgot it all. They are on the way!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I saw Dead to Me, too, Venus and loved it. I"m liking Ozark, too. You will be such a good counselor!
Unknown, my heart goes out to you. Do you feel like your daughter is safe at this man's house? Take very good care of yourself and don't be down on yourself, it doesn't help at all. Getting sober is the best thing you can do for yourself and for your child. I'm sending you big hugs and praying for both of you.
So good to hear from you Citrus. Don't let anyone steal your joy.
I made face masks out of old clothes and used reusable shopping bags for the liners. I don't sew really, but was able to do what hand stitching was needed. The liners are supposed to add extra protection. There's a Youtube video that shows how, but using a sewing machine. Just hand stitch instead. You can lay them out in the sun to help disinfect them.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Sober369, was about to start Ozark! Was watching 'The Last Dance' about the Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan basketball documentary. 10 episodes. 1 hour each. Ozark is next!

P.S.- I think watching these shows are great for our sobriety. They keep me distracted so I am home all night instead of out and not drunk!
Old 05-20-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Yes....and my favourite part....I remember what I watch. So cool

Still no clue how RAL reads a book a day plus everything else. Mad skills.

s

Naughty me....couldn't help watching Dead To Me....almost finished last ep of S2.

Oh.....another one for the TV list is Bosch. Bit it's Amazon so not accessible to everyone. xxxxxxxxxxxx