Notices

Class of March 2020 Part One

Old 03-15-2020, 01:05 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Marchers, Otter, Lowla and BC 🤗
Waking up on a sober Sunday and still feeling strong and positive, feel checking in with SR is really helping with the process, the support here is so great.
Part of me feels I have had any real challenges as I've not had any social events to endure, anyone else feel like this? Considering additional support if struggles feel more intense, but happy for now
Have a great day everyone ❤️
Old 03-15-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Welcome BC, Lowla and Otter
Old 03-15-2020, 03:47 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Hi all and welcome to the newcomers.

Been busy and quiet over the weekend. Also getting really worried about the coronavirus. I'm not a panicky person normally about things like this but it seems to be moving so quickly and stepping up a notch each day. I ask myself is it just because it is all over the media that it is worrying me more. I should switch off but like to keep utd. Now France and SPain are on lockdown I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks or even days before the UK go the same way.

Sorry for rambling on it's just on my mind.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's very little solks like you or I can do about it RAL but to take care and be sensible.

This will end- it's a finite thing

D
Old 03-15-2020, 03:56 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Day 2 morning check in

Good morning all. Slept really well, up early for me on a Sunday. I have a project I need to work on today and hope to fit in a walk. No drinking for me today. I’ll be checking back in later.

Have a good day all.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Welcome to the Marchers, Otter, Lowla and BC 🤗
Waking up on a sober Sunday and still feeling strong and positive, feel checking in with SR is really helping with the process, the support here is so great.
Part of me feels I have had any real challenges as I've not had any social events to endure, anyone else feel like this? Considering additional support if struggles feel more intense, but happy for now
Have a great day everyone ❤️
Yes, I agree about the lack of social events. I but for me stress situations also come into the mix. I think we just have to look at the impact that just having a drink or two today will have on us. I know for me it would mean a relapse of who knows how long.

Like you, checking in here daily is a great way to express your true self without judgement.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Day 3 here

I just realized if I stay sober I'll have exactly 6 months when I return to college in sept. Good motivation
Old 03-15-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

God I feel rubbish physically today. I took my lad for a chocolate milkshake and an hour on I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I realised its my first sugary drink for 17 days, I think I've got a sugar hangover! (I eat very little lure sugar and almost all of it used to come from alcoholics drinks).

Apart from that I still feel a bit anxious but I reckon that's to be expected given my domestic circumstances. I'm off to another city to live for the week tomorrow and it really does feel like my
life is falling apart.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Oh Be I know how bad the sugar hangover can be. I find drinking plenty of water helps flush the sugar out. Better than an alcohol hangover tho
Old 03-15-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Cheers RAL I'm off to drink a couple of pints (of tap water )
Old 03-15-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OtterIsland View Post
Day 1 for me, glad I’m here, hope it lasts longer than before....just thinking about tomorrow and how to get through since I’ve made it through today. Tossed any booze I had on hand today, posted on the forums and picked up a book about sobriety and opened to page 1. Hot bath, melatonin and hopefully good sleep tonight.
Welcome back love ~ so good to see you. s xx ❤️
Old 03-15-2020, 07:09 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Be.....you are brave and strong.....cheering you....and all of you....on. s xx ❤️

I believe the more support we get in recovery the better dear Billy and Bil. :hug s ❤️

Hello darling RAL.....I am like you.....I need to know what's going on. I have decided I am allowed th watch the news for half an hour twice a day but that's it. s xx ❤️

Spoke to my sister who is/was in NZ....all Aussies have been told to go home, now. So it sounds to me like Australia is about to close all borders. I think if we do this everywhere.....we will stop this virus. s xx
Old 03-15-2020, 01:18 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Evening all. I hope everyone is ok, sober and feeling equipped to tackle the new week. I look forward to hearing from you all and your progress this week!

Have a good one people
Old 03-15-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Marchers

Suze the PM has announced all international travellers arriving in Australia have to now be quarantined for 2 weeks. There are also restrictions on large gatherings, although schools remain open.

It’s Monday morning here and I’m feeling a bit anxious. I think it’s partially related to early sobriety, partially the ongoing depression/anxiety I’ve been struggling with for years (possibly largely alcohol related) and partly the uncertainty at the moment. The anxiety seems to have stepped up a notch, probably partly due to the current situation I’m sure. Remaining sober is crucial for me at the moment.

I’m on day 15 today and determined to stay sober.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I follow all the news love....my sister got back from NZ about an hour before the 14-day quarantine was put in place.

Yes love.....we are all anxious. And you are doing so well. s xx ❤️
Old 03-15-2020, 02:00 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hello fellow Marchers

Suze the PM has announced all international travellers arriving in Australia have to now be quarantined for 2 weeks. There are also restrictions on large gatherings, although schools remain open.

It’s Monday morning here and I’m feeling a bit anxious. I think it’s partially related to early sobriety, partially the ongoing depression/anxiety I’ve been struggling with for years (possibly largely alcohol related) and partly the uncertainty at the moment. The anxiety seems to have stepped up a notch, probably partly due to the current situation I’m sure. Remaining sober is crucial for me at the moment.

I’m on day 15 today and determined to stay sober.
Good work willow. I'm also still very anxious - I've decided to leave it a month of sobriety and if not improving go to my GP. (Get me planning for a month...!!)
Old 03-15-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

It's a good plan dear Be. s xx
Old 03-15-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Timing is everything. It looks like chose a great time to stop drinking. A lot of states are closing clubs and bars and liquor will be harder to come by because of people hoarding. I could only imagine myself had this been a few weeks ago and me panicking. Now it goes in one ear and out the other, I could care less. I see pictures of people lined up at liquor stores before they open and almost feel sorry for them. I would never judge anyone as that was me a very short while ago.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Day 2, PM checking.

I bought gummy bears at the store instead of wine....and I went for a walk today. Met my daughter's girldfriend's hamster, she's a sweetie.

Working from home for two weeks starting tomorrow....along with College Freshman, High School Senior and my hubby works nights and sleeps during the day....will certainly be interesting.

Looking at an AA meeting to go to on Thurs at noon if they are holding in person meetings.

Day 2 down.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:37 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hi otters. Im at day 18 and the good news from my experience is that physically I feel so much better already. A lot of work to do mentally and emotionally but we both know that CANNOT improve with alcohol dumbing it down.

Im going to throw myself into work today...I've found it hard to concentrate but I've got a few things I really need to catch up on. And to move forward, this evening, I'm doing the first SMART video-lesson-thing

Have a good one people