Notices

Class of March 2020 Part One

Old 03-16-2020, 04:58 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

March madness no more

It’s good to see a lot of us posting here the last couple of days. Strength in numbers. With all the craziness in the world it makes our problems, we can’t lose sight of our own goals. Stress levels are hard enough when quitting, let alone what is going on around us. I would rather face this sober than hiding behind the bottle half conscious. While sleep is still eluding me I find myself with a little more energy each day. I have a few AV moments throughout the day, but that is to be expected, and I’m not caving in to it.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:15 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

For the past few days spent a lot of time posting on this site, and researching recovery tools elsewhere, sometimes in an icky mood, with a weird sleep schedule. Still, I feel like today I'm starting to focus on things I enjoy or are self-care that isn't drinking or just hanging out on the internet.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:55 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 5!

Had a dream where I blacked out and it was the morning after
Huge relief when I realized it was just a dream
Old 03-16-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Today, all bars, pubs, restaurants were ordered to close indefinitely. I can't imagine what it's like for the entire hospitality industry to lose their jobs all at once. Tens of thousands of people I would imagine. I would hope that my government will step in to prevent landlords from evicting people behind on rent and such.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:02 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Morning tink, WL, RAL, freedom fries, otter, willow. If there is anyone else around and about that I've missed then please remind me you are here, my memory is not great!

Ive woken at 6am - got a full day packing stuff in before c19 closes me down properly.

Gym, meeting, work, meeting, work, SMART meeting, bed

To move forward it's gym and SMART meeting today
Old 03-17-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I was just reading your thread tink and I realised something profound - in the last 18 days I haven't done ONE thing I regret.

Thats not meant to be superior, it's an encouragement. Yeah life is really tough at the moment but 18 full days without literally ANY regrets is really cool
Old 03-17-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
I was just reading your thread tink and I realised something profound - in the last 18 days I haven't done ONE thing I regret.

Thats not meant to be superior, it's an encouragement. Yeah life is really tough at the moment but 18 full days without literally ANY regrets is really cool
I know be i had 2, 3 week periods of staying sober the last 2 months and felt great. Then let that av convince me i could modarate !! Nope defo can't !!! So this time it's sober for good.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:00 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

AV is a funny one - every time I've tried to give up previously it's been so strong and persuasive. But this time - not a squeak!

I posted somewhere else that my wife had killed my AV and was warned not to take it for granted. So instead I tell myself that she fatally wounded it and every day my job is to do what I can to stick the boot in and keep that mother ****** down. Im
being merciless to it, killing it off day by day, I almost feel sorry for it
Old 03-17-2020, 01:00 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Morning everyone day 2, so at least i can say that if i try i never need to have that dreaded day 1 again. I feel more positive this morning like it has finally clicked that I'm a non drinker, it is a freeing feeling.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:13 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

AV suggesting I drink Listerine since the offies aren't open yet :/
Old 03-17-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Morning everyone day 2, so at least i can say that if i try i never need to have that dreaded day 1 again. I feel more positive this morning like it has finally clicked that I'm a non drinker, it is a freeing feeling.

How are you feeling? Any withdrawal symptoms?
Old 03-17-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
AV suggesting I drink Listerine since the offies aren't open yet :/
Drinking Listerine is an absolutely insane idea - but it shows how much your addiction cares for you. Not a bit.

It doesn't even want to keep you alive - it just wants its fix.

It also needs you it cosign it's BS and help it get what it wants. Without you - it can do nothing.

Please dismiss the mouthwash idea.
At best you'll be sick, at worst you'll poison yourself.

stay connected here FF - maybe read around a few other threads as well.

I find helping others helps me.

D
Old 03-17-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post

How are you feeling? Any withdrawal symptoms?
Im not too bad thank you, had the anxiety yesterday and night sweats but this morning just the horrible bloated feeling. Ive put on so much weight so another good reason to ditch the booze.
how r u today ?
Old 03-17-2020, 02:08 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
AV is a funny one - every time I've tried to give up previously it's been so strong and persuasive. But this time - not a squeak!

I posted somewhere else that my wife had killed my AV and was warned not to take it for granted. So instead I tell myself that she fatally wounded it and every day my job is to do what I can to stick the boot in and keep that mother ****** down. Im
being merciless to it, killing it off day by day, I almost feel sorry for it
Yeah i defo need to get tough with it and not let myself listen to it anymore. Going to think of it as a horrible little monster i need rid of.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I am on Day 8. Still not really sleeping. Been up all night again. Otherwise feeling good. My anxiety has dissipated.

I live downtown in a big city. Very eerie to see the streets empty this morning. Things seem so surreal. Like I'm in the Twilight Zone...
Old 03-17-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Well, I need to try this one more time. I joined SR about four years ago, had some pretty good sobriety (max 4.5 months) but keep screwing up.

Here in my state, all the liquor stores will close at 9PM tonight, for weeks. There will be a big rush today but I'm not going. I know a woman who freaked out yesterday and stocked the heck up. Lord she's a public drunk. I'm sure there will still be beer and wine, but here at the end all I really wanted was vodka anyway. Super clean, hangovers not so bad.

I so admire all of you who have stayed sober and contribute to this site. Everyday I say "I want what they have!"

AA meetings all cancelled. Can you imagine holding hands at the end?

Anyway, sign me up for March. I don't have much time left by the feel of things.

I got all reminiscent in recent days. Thought a lot about my old bicycle racing days. Laurent Fignon was my hero, exactly two months older than me. I raced him--didn't stand a chance. Ha ha.

He was a jerk, but I had to admire him.

Sorry for the stupid ramble. I'll clean up and be back.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

By the way ff, I have drank Listerine and strangely it's not much worse than anything else. Close to a liter with no problem.

The stupidest thing imaginable though. Let's get better like all these good good people who show up to help all of us who aren't there yet.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

^^^ Oh gosh that sounds horrendous.....so glad you are not doing that anymore dear Pelagic. s xx

So glad you are back with us love.....we do this together. s xx ❤️
Old 03-17-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Hi guys. The worlds shortest separation has been cut short by Coronavirus. The place I was staying, I couldn't stay, so I'm back home for the foreseeable future. There really are very limited alternatives to this as kids are going to be home and so childcare, not contaminating others etc etc dictate we are all together.

Not ideal but manageable as we are both amicable, even if hurting quite badly. A stay of execution!!

It's actually quite funny, really, when you think about it. And I'll be honest that a steady place to stay is important to me in my growing sober-confidence
Old 03-17-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi pelagic. Good to have you back. Maybe the lack of booze being sold will help you out!

We're a good group (I've tried this a few times and this is the best group I've been in )