Notices

Class of March 2020 Part One

Old 03-17-2020, 07:30 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning....day 4 for me. Feeling more positive this morning. No need to leave the house so I'm not drinking today as I got rid of anything that was here over the weekend.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:44 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
By the way ff, I have drank Listerine and strangely it's not much worse than anything else. Close to a liter with no problem.

The stupidest thing imaginable though. Let's get better like all these good good people who show up to help all of us who aren't there yet.
Hi Pelagic, I am originally from the Lehigh Valley and have read about all the State Stores and Bars closing. Been sober now over 2.5 weeks so it wouldn’t faze me now. I read a story of one women buying 14 bottles of Tito’s, and another couple buying 2 cases of the cheap stuff. Thank god that wasn’t me because those purchases wreak of desperation. That or they are trying to make a small profit, which I doubt.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:46 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OtterIsland View Post
Good morning....day 4 for me. Feeling more positive this morning. No need to leave the house so I'm not drinking today as I got rid of anything that was here over the weekend.
Otter, glad you got rid of the temptation. I could have 1000 bottles of wine at home and not be tempted. But one bottle of vodka would be 1000 times more tempting.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Hi Pelagic, I am originally from the Lehigh Valley and have read about all the State Stores and Bars closing. Been sober now over 2.5 weeks so it wouldn’t faze me now. I read a story of one women buying 14 bottles of Tito’s, and another couple buying 2 cases of the cheap stuff. Thank god that wasn’t me because those purchases wreak of desperation. That or they are trying to make a small profit, which I doubt.
Thanks for that Bilr44. Ah, the Lehigh velodrome. Very cool. I sucked on the track. Strictly a hillclimber

Told my wife yesterday that if you did bike racing to animals you'd be arrested. Also that I absolutely loved it. Maybe those horses love to run a derby after all.

So, I've decided to drag out my old racing bikes and make a sober go of it. Frankly, they are a little scary. My favorite is what we called a crit bike, a criterium bike. Short and steep as heck. Brutal. I almost had it up on wheels last year, but never got the tires on it. Too drunk. It might have gears I can handle now, not sure. If I can still ride I'll buy a cozy little carbon fiber bike, something soft and cozy. These new bikes have so many gears you could climb the side of a building with them.

Sorry again for the digression. I really would love to live again. Yours in sobriety.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Gym felt good after I finished, watched a smart video tonight about motivation, nothing mind blowing but useful all the same

Hope everyone had, is having, or has a good day
Old 03-17-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Be123, Otter, Bilr, FF, WL, BillyMac, RAL, BeCat, Tink, Pelagic, Reid, Suze, Dee and hi to anyone I missed

It’s great to have everyone here I’ve had lots of day 1s and I agree, I don’t want any more. I can’t moderate, I just end up drinking heaps again no matter how hard I try to control it. I can’t control it, it controlled me. No more. Let’s fight the AV with everything we’ve got.

I’ve also drunk stuff I really don’t like when I ran out of wine in the past (neat spirits that I don’t like at all, yuk) but never Listerine. I don’t think that is a good idea at all. Actually drinking fullstop is not a good idea.

Lets stay the course together, sober. Together we are stronger
Old 03-17-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Well said willow x
Old 03-17-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Absolutely darling Willow.....we certainly are. s ❤️

Sorry to be quiet....not feeling well. xx
Old 03-17-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here