Notices

Class of March 2020 Part One

Old 03-12-2020, 12:30 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Morning everyone hope your all ok, quick check in day 22 for me, feeling ok.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning all,
Sorry to hear you had such a bad day Be123. you're doing amazingly staying sober through all this and should be proud of yourself. Stay sober and everything else will improve. Time time and sober time are all you need.

Great post Bilr, thank you

Willow=I count sheep if I can't sleep. Last week some llamas turned up and the sheep climbed on the back of the llamas. They they all started doing leap frog. I knew at that point I was nearly asleep

Red-hope you are ok. It is ok to say no to people, we are not responsible for others just our own sobriety. Sending hugs to you

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Feel a little groggy this morning although it is a gorgeous day. Looking forward to 3 days off work and getting some outdoor work done if the weather is decent. Looking forward to waking in the morning with a clear head and hopefully more weight loss. My blood sugars are stabilising which is extremely quick and a result of no alcohol and low carbs. Feel much better physically and mentally too.

Take care all.x
Old 03-12-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

RAL that cracked me up about the llamas gatecrashing the sheep counting, and the riding and leapfrogging I’ll try that too.
I’m in bed already so ready to count

Welcome Bilr

Red I hope it goes ok, be careful
Old 03-12-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

When I can't sleep I run through 'end of the world' scenarios...how I'd survive a zombie apocalypse etc. You thought your method was embarrassing Venus!

Ive had a busy morning. Met my new therapist for the first time - god he nailed me within ten minutes. Very good, very useful, I'll talk more about it later.

Got a plan in place - weekly therapy, weekly meetings, daily work on SMART resources online. Joining a gym, not for a perfect body but to work out anger. Yes - ANGER. And hopefully feel a bit better in myself.

Spoke to SMART coordinator who was great - she reminded me of the time it takes for the brain and body to heal. And she's happy to give advice on the phone (It was her who strongly suggested the gym).

In times of crisis I will post on here; eat immediately; and/or go to bed (if available). It's a short term/daily plan so I'm sure it'll develop over time. Playing the tape through is working for me at present.

Im also going to speak to my kids about my drinking, both to start the conversation and to prepare them for when I do go longer term. Therapist suggested I do this, and also don't talk or think about forever or in absolutes. Just speak about what I need to do to get better. And I'm not going to talk about the future with my wife. I've written a card apologising for the past (meaningless to her I guess, but a small step for me leaving the past behind) and that's it...I'm going to let her drove this from now on

Scary stuff
Old 03-12-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
When I can't sleep I run through 'end of the world' scenarios...how I'd survive a zombie apocalypse etc. You thought your method was embarrassing Venus!

Ive had a busy morning. Met my new therapist for the first time - god he nailed me within ten minutes. Very good, very useful, I'll talk more about it later.

Got a plan in place - weekly therapy, weekly meetings, daily work on SMART resources online. Joining a gym, not for a perfect body but to work out anger. Yes - ANGER. And hopefully feel a bit better in myself.

Spoke to SMART coordinator who was great - she reminded me of the time it takes for the brain and body to heal. And she's happy to give advice on the phone (It was her who strongly suggested the gym).

In times of crisis I will post on here; eat immediately; and/or go to bed (if available). It's a short term/daily plan so I'm sure it'll develop over time. Playing the tape through is working for me at present.

Im also going to speak to my kids about my drinking, both to start the conversation and to prepare them for when I do go longer term. Therapist suggested I do this, and also don't talk or think about forever or in absolutes. Just speak about what I need to do to get better. And I'm not going to talk about the future with my wife. I've written a card apologising for the past (meaningless to her I guess, but a small step for me leaving the past behind) and that's it...I'm going to let her drove this from now on

Scary stuff
That looks like a solid recovery plan Be. Outstanding job!

Anger is a very normal part of the process. I joined a CrossFit gym when I quit and punished some weights, heavy bag, and got out the emotional garbage.

Just do the next right thing and you will get there. Sounds mundane but it’s surprisingly effective.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Hi Be, I so wish I could turn back time and start over. I've been battling alcoholism for about 15 years. Still struggling. Lost everything already.

Life on life's terms I guess....
So much love honey and really good to see you. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 03-12-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I have tears. So many beautiful posts. s
Your plan sounds SENSATIONAL Be123. xx

I don't think it will be meaningless to your wife dear Be. s xx ❤️
Old 03-12-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

And love and good whatever part of the day it is s

And hello dearest Hawkeye and snitch. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-12-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey billy, bilr, willow, erratic, citrus, RAL. Hope you are having a good day (if i missed anyone forgive me, I did it from memory!)

End if second week of purgatory for me. Not drink wise (that's been quite easy), just the turmoil in my life.

Im beginning to settle. Still low, anxious and very worried about the future. But the pendulum isn't swinging quite as high as it was, it's settled into a more manageable pattern.

Huh - pink fluffy clouds? No, just grey ones full of rain. But maybe I'll learn to dance in that rain eventually
Old 03-12-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

So many hugs dearest Be. s xxxx ❤️
Old 03-12-2020, 01:46 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Sounds like you have a good plan Be
I know what you mean about no pink fluffy clouds.
It’s been more like this for me
I think your card will mean more to your wife than you may realise.
But the fact that it helps you is even more important
I think you’re doing really great, in a tough situation, and the gym is a great idea.
For me, regular exercise is key.

WL sending you huge hugs too
I hope things start looking a bit brighter for you soon.
Do you have a counsellor or someone you can talk to?

It’s a real roller coaster of emotions when we stop drinking. This time around the depression hit me harder than ever before (and that’s saying something).
Every day brings me closer to my psychologist appointment. I’m not expecting miracles, but I’m hopeful that she’ll help me with a plan to tackle the depression and anxiety. Help me develop some tools to deal with it.

It’s Friday morning here and I’m on day 12.
I will not drink today or ever.

Sending you all hugs and lots of support across the world right to each and every one of you
Old 03-12-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I am sure she will darling Willow. s xx ❤️

And probably she will also have toilet paper, so win-win.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
No pink fluffy clouds here either.

Had a really bizarre day. I work for the Government ( oh I always feel like James Bond when I say that ) lol Anyway it has really ramped up so many levels today with the coronavirus. Lots of new restrictions in place internally and spent most of the day sorting out stuff regarding it. It really seems serious now. I think public bodies will be the first to close so I may very well be working from home in the next couple of weeks. Then news of an ex colleague passing away. Though we were not close, it's very sad for his family.

Then we had a power cut at work, then my car broke down, then the house power went off. Now major restrictions in UK with coronavirus. It's all so scary and real now. Not felt like Ive taken a breath or stepped back all day.

Anyway, early night for me. take care allx
Old 03-12-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am sure she will darling Willow. s xx ❤️

And probably she will also have toilet paper, so win-win.
Lol hopefully she does, on both accounts
The tp thing is bizarre. Dee said there’s plenty further south. We make it in Australia. There’s plenty at the warehouses. The trucks are still delivering supplies. But there’s no tp in shops up here. Boy, people must have some huge stashes in their homes by now. NQ really is a bit behind the times, in more ways than one
Old 03-12-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

RAL that all sounds worrying and stressful. I hope you get some sleep tonight. Things sometimes seem less scary in the morning after a good sleep, although I know getting a good sleep is a challenge in itself at the moment.... I hope tomorrow is a better day for you
Old 03-12-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Yeah but it's beautiful beyond imagination darling Willow. I would trade that for toilet paper any day. s x

Oh RAL....far out.....when it rains.....sending you love Bondie....I know you got this. s xx
Old 03-12-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Coronavirus panic shopping has hit Toronto. There was a confirmed case about 6 subway stops away from me. Went to the grocery store this afternoon and it was a zoo. Never seen even half as many people in this store previously including Christmas Eve. People with shopping carts full of toilet paper, tissues, and bottled water....
Old 03-12-2020, 04:31 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I know.....it's crazy. s xx
Old 03-12-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I've been in self-isolation for the last decade so chances are slim I get Coronavirus. Weeks at time barely leaving my apartment. Either drinking or withdrawing....
Old 03-12-2020, 06:38 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

So hang here with me....I am always here.

And to be honest, I avoided winter in America this year and haven't been out for months. I am completely able to have a full life at home and in my neighbourhood for as long as necessary, so I am not at all panicked.

Let's do this together dear WL. s xx