Notices

One Year & Over Part 73

Old 03-07-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Had a good check-up with the eye doc. Have to go for another one in 8 weeks.

It was 3 years ago that my good friend Matt passed away. Even though he was a tavern owner/bartender, he was one of the biggest supporters of my sobriety. He was only 60 and left us much too soon. Grateful for all the memories that I will always carry with me.

Have a Sensational Saturday, overs!
Old 03-07-2020, 04:54 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wow, I remember you telling us about him when he died FBL, I can't believe it was 3 years ago!
Old 03-07-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday to all.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Happy Sat Overs -

I was up early (5am) and treated myself to real, caffeinated coffee this morning while the house was quiet. It was a nice treat and I thought of you all - my fellow coffee lovers

IVF news. Getting the embryos to grow to day 5 was the next milestone, and this is the part that has me anxious due to the damage caused by my former drinking.

I'm happy to report that again we have a MUCH better than expected outcome for my age: 10 little ones made it!!!!! This means we go from a 30% likelihood of giving K a sibling to a 60% likelihood.

However, it wasn't always so positive: On Day 5 I got a call to let me know that NONE of the embryos had made it. They were going to give them an extra day to see if anything happened, but generally it's game over at that point. Thankfully they have a determined mind of their own.

Next step is a basic genetic test for number of chromosomes, etc. Again, at my age only 10% are supposed to be normal and we'll know in 2 weeks. (We are doing this step to try to minimize miscarriages)
Old 03-07-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Everything crossed love. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 03-07-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes SE again sorry for your loss FBL - I have friends like that who live on in my memory too.

D
Old 03-07-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Prayers, SE and FBL.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

SE all the best for your IV treatment

FBL, I remember you telling us about your friend Matt passing too. How time flies. He was still young.

Wet and windy outside. I think it’s going to clear up later though (she says hopefully!)

Have a super Sunday my friends. xxxx
Old 03-07-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:27 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You are in my thoughts SE and FBL!
Old 03-08-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

SE, what a roller coaster this must be for you

It has been a long week. Watching the Coronavirus spread, knowing that where I live is high risk because of age and easy spread. An idiot in NH came back from Italy and was ordered to self-isolate and he went to a party instead. He did have it and already another person is infected because of him. Sad to say this was an employee who works for my former employer. I feel for all of his coworkers.

Have a beautiful Sunday, Overs!
Old 03-08-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

^^^Apparently there's been a case reported in the city I live in, but it's hard to know WTF to believe anymore....good thing I already live by myself and isolate from others

Celebrating the time change ~ Had two cups of coffee and went back to sleep for an hour....let's try this again

Old 03-08-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Gosh Sass, how irresponsible of that guy. Shaking head. s xx
Old 03-08-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Overs!

FBL,
Good story! Near misses are dear misses! Good eye exam always welcome news.

Sassy,
Yes we love it here. Was 65°F today. Been 60° and up for a week. As to your story of the infection’s spread, stupidity isn’t usually so immediately risky. But today willful ignorance in the US is here to stay. Anti-science and anti-intellectualism are fine until you need them. A segment of our population are anti vaccination and deny the resurgence of measles etc. in the US is linked to those who were too lazy or misled and refused to vaccinate their children. Polio, smallpox, and many other scourges of the past, along with this Corona outbreak, are imminent until Folks stop treating science as a belief rather than, well, science. All we can do is try to "edumacate" them.

Mags,
Your tone is more upbeat lately. Retirement is sitting well with you?

SE,
Fingers crossed for you!

Hi Suze,
I agree - criminally irresponsible. So should we jail these “Typhoid Mary’s? That will be even worse as Prison populations in addition to nursing homes, hospitals, dorms, anyplace people gather. We too can isolate better than most. But we have to go out to get food, fuel, and prescriptions. I can do without everything except my proton pump inhibitors for my GERD.
I don’t think we’ve seen the worst of this. But I can hope it does not have or develop the capacity to mutate rapidly. That would be catastrophic.
Ok guys, my years as a Medical Lab Technologist kicks in and looking on a macro scale, with the Johns Hopkins pandemic tracking I see some hope that since we all live in 1st world countries, the recovery rates look very good. But will that hold? I don’t know. Here’s your best resource for tracking the severity: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Purps, that chart you can believe.

Star, Toots and anyone else I missed, Hi!
Old 03-09-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, so irresponsible of that guy to not self isolate.

Itchy, I’ve been keeping my eye on the link you gave us. It is getting worse by the day over here too. I’m in the vulnerable category so I’m being vigilant and sensible without losing sleep over it.
Retirement is good thanks but I think my upbeat ness is that my injections treatment is helping. I’ve got my third treatment this Thursday. I’ve noticed I’ve started with pollen allergies though, they was hoping it would help with these too. But I’d probably be a lot worse without them.

Have a Mindful Monday my friends xxxx
Old 03-09-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I saw my first face mask wearer on Friday but then he normally walks around with first world war era flying coggles around his Trilby (hat).

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Magsie

Was it Biggles, Andy?
Old 03-09-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Old 03-09-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Was it Biggles, Andy?
I don't think Biggles would be too worries about Covid 19, what-ho!

I cannot believe the panic this has induced everywhere! Hubby was meant to start an 8 week post in Kuala Lumpur next week which has been postponed indefinitely. I wish we would focus protecting those such as Mags from contact, without all getting manic in the process.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Purps, love the pics :-)

Mags, happy to hear the injections are helping.

Itchy, I have that web site semi-permanently on my fruity tablet. Scary watching it spread - and knowing that “real” cases will be much higher than confirmed cases.

Living in my retirement community has both an upsides and downsides. If covid-19 gets started here, it would be bad. On the other hand, they do take care of us. They are taking some precautions - handwashing reminders, hand sanitizer stations anywhere food is served, no more buffets with tongs - almost everything is on individual paper plates. So far no confirmed cases in our state but we know it’s only a matter of (a short) time.

As for me, I seem to have hit a perfect storm. The doc had me off immune meds for the past 1 1/2 years and now my autoimmune disease has flared up so I will need meds to inhibit my immune system again. Bad timing. Mags, you and I seem to be in the similar boats as far as aging and immune system suppressants. I am keeping fingers crossed for both of us.

Have a good day to all and stay safe!