Notices

One Year & Over Part 73

Old 02-29-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sassy, glad you got Kitty squared away.

This is my third leap year day sober!

Will be hosting my weekly online recovery meeting later this morning. Attendance has been pretty solid with 6-10 people per week.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 02-29-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, nowt up wi’ your brain lass. As they say in Yorkshire. I did word it a bit funny though, lol. x
Old 02-29-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I guess this is my first sober leap year
Old 02-29-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Same here purps 😁
Old 02-29-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It's my second. s xx
Old 02-29-2020, 07:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee, thanks!
I love your avatar!

Welcome to the Overs Sophie!

Sassy,
Still happy with the car repairs? Sassy kitty has been outfoxed

Mags,
We moved in May, but after a week helping here, I went back to sell our property. We closed on it October 29th, I got here November 1st. Almost six months of separation. Nothing worked for those six months. I’d put dishes in the sink and they’d still be there the next morning! Same with dirty clothes and things I left out on the kitchen island!

Toots,
Happy Natal emergence remembrance day! I watched parts one and two of the Tay bridge rail disaster. What a terrible thing to realize they mixed wax and iron filings, filled and painted flaws in the bridge’s iron structures to hide them. And kept changing the design. But design changes rest with the approving authority. As well inspectors were not afraid as the shortcuts were brazen. A shocking tragedy.

FBL,
Good news on the book! Yeah that shooting was tragic. It kind of points to another issue Purps brought up about lousy supervision. The back story on the racial issue and the long standing feud, well known in his department with another electrician, could have, and would have been dealt with by a supervisor with any conflict resolution training at all, combined with firm leadership. This problem was not new or sudden. Unfortunately in the US today we have examples of lying, bullying, vengefulness, name calling, attacking the livelihood and reputation of folks doing their jobs and telling the truth, at our highest levels. Overt and covert racism is up here these days.

Purp,
Your supervisor, like many sadly, likely got promoted and no training or desire to learn how to be a supervisor, thus he’s a stupidviser.

Welcome Sydneyman!
Yes sobriety is sobering when we remember sobriety as daunting elusive. That sobering only in sober hindsight.

SE,
I’m sorry you can’t sit watch. But today you’re legit. Please take a moment to contemplate Dee’s current avatar. Good luck with your new life IVF! The circle.

Mags,
Good observation! My third leap day sober!

We got our new sofa and love seat, electric recliners with recline, lumbar support, and headrests all adjustable. Ivory leather. But my old shaped to my butt recliner and my SH's are now in the family room with the old TV, on the new Console. So I can go down there if this one doesn't break in enough. But at least now we have seating for more than two. Tomorrow it will be warm until night then it drops and winter mix, snow, sleet, rain all night. Glad we can stay in. But our power gets shut down all day Tuesday because we're having our electrical service upgraded from 100 amps to 200 amps in preparation for our electric car charging. It is forecast to be 50° and sunny with 16% humidity. Monday night we'll just make sure our phones are charged. I hope he can get it all done in one day. Night will be near freezing! Weather here can be 15 one day and near 70 the next in winter! And can drop to the 50s with hail and snow in summer! Login it!
Old 02-29-2020, 11:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, lol, you needed the cleaning angel or Mary Poppins, to help you while your wife was ensconced in your new home. I love John Cleese! , I wonder if we’ll need to change our electricity power to accommodate electric cars when the time comes. ....your weather changes often, a bit like in the U.K. but I think you may have more sun than us.

FBL, I hope your on-line recovery meeting went well.

Visiting in-laws later this morning, the sun’s come out but still bitterly cold and windy. No doubt Mr. Mags will be trying to avoid any dirty puddles on the country lanes to his parent’s house, his car is sparkling clean....for now!

Have a Super Sunday my friends xxxx
Old 02-29-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

John Cleese is so right.

We have this bright thing in the sky.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Lol Itchy.... "Stupid-visor" ~ Now I'm gonna have to keep from laughing next time

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend
Old 03-01-2020, 02:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Have a lovely Sunday, Overs!
Old 03-01-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I love John Cleese!

Have a good day all!
Old 03-01-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning. Bright morning with great coffee.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

It’s still dark here but the coffee is on!

Arthritis achey this morning. Let’s me know I’m still alive

Have a mindful Monday my friends xxxx
Old 03-01-2020, 10:49 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

[WHISPER]
One of those still, silent mornings which make you whisper.
[/WHISPER]

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags!
Yep, I don’t do well without a woman’s supervision. Mags, today was sunny and we get little rain here and at 6000 – 7500 feet it is weird weather. It was 55-60° today and we got some outside work done. Then it clouded up and as soon as the sun set it started snowing as the temperature dropped to below freezing. Fluffy snow and already we have five inches. It’s going to snow all night. Mags, you can actually charge a Tesla off a regular outlet, charging all night at 15-20 amps will only give me ~40 miles. But with a 50amp circuit It can go from depleted to full range/charge in a few hours. You just have to add up your max load with every electric turned on at the same time. With our house we have an electric clothes dryer, we replaced the electric range with a new gas range after we had the gas line run to the kitchen, an air conditioner(AC. If we try to draw more than coming in, brown outs occur and electronics and compressors in the refrigerator, A/C, can be/are damaged. The car as I’m setting it up will draw 37 – 50 amps or so. So an expensive upgrade, but necessary for our peace of mind. There is an already built fast Tesla Supercharger network covering all of the North Americas, Canada, The UK, Mainland Europe, and all of Asia. And they’re expanding it still.

Star,
I love all of Cleese’s work too.

Andy,
We have that bright thing all the time here. 3am here and snowing.

Purps,
Glad you liked it.
I took these with my tablet earlier tonight. The pics aren’t grainy, those are the big fluffy snow Flakes coming down. That was earlier. Last evening. It’s 3am and we have 4” – 6” of snow already. These pics are not streaked, that’s snow.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Lol at stupidviser - I have come across a few of those in my time. A key advantage of running my own business is that I don't have a boss! lol

That snow looks so peaceful. It is still pretty chilly here but my loads of my daffodils have opened - they are so cheering and they bring the promise of spring.

Hope you all have a lovely day and a successful week ahead x
Old 03-02-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So far we’ve had a weirdly mild winter. No big snowstorms, temps in the high 20’s and 30’s (and 40’s for spells) much of the time. Definitely not a normal New England winter!

Have a good day to all
Old 03-02-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Fantastic pics dear Itchy! s ❤️
Old 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I try to explain it but having grown up in Connecticut and lived in the South it's difficult. Now up higher the snow stays longer, and my backyard facing North won't melt without my shoveling the cobblestone patio. But these pics were taken an hour ago. My front faces South and melts by 10 or 11. On very cold days I do get out the snow blower. Not today. With temps this week of 65 even the thick snow in the backyard will be gone. My double driveway and all the sidewalks, as well as the front steps and stoop. Most storms I do manually shovel the back before it freezes tonight and Maggie busts her butt going up the steps to go potty. If I Shovel the back now, it will be dry by tonight. Dry climate plus altitude. I also learned to wipe the snow off of the solar panels on the patio lights or they lose their charge and don't work. So from 6" to dry drive and sidewalks by noon or 5, 9 out of 10 times it snows here.

Just to show how stunningly different the weather and snow here can be here from just dawn to noon. The backyard gets little sun so I have to manually shovel it no matter.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I totally hear you....German Village is incredibly old and all brick. The snow STAYS.

And I adore that fence....what a fantastic idea, alternating wood with metal/tin.....a fantastic look. I can see ahead to your garden having furniture and and pots and life.....where is the grill going? s xx